The missed opportunity of "Me against the music"

summer2summer

Before i begin , i think Me againsg the music is amazing and i genuinely enjoy it. And the dancing in the video is perfect. However , i just feel like it has a power play driven theme , where madonna is minimaly there as she's a legend and  britneg is this new energetic popstar ,madonna just casually is wearing white suit , is sitting like she's "bigger" than Britney . Her involvement in the song and video is weird. 

Thinking of Madonna it's kind of underwhelming , no dance breaks from both or big budget video with outrageous out there outfits . 

Don't you guys feel it was a missed opportunity? We all know there won't be another collab. 

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, studlygeorge said:

It would’ve been epic with Janet. I can hear that happening. 2003 Britney and Janet dancing together? Literal heaven.

The song is great . It worked . The dancing in the video is perfect . However it isn't something two great performers can come up with . It played the lesbian theme and i think that was the down point . 

35 minutes ago, MmmDani said:

I think it Madonna would come off as an attention seeker if she’d taken up any more of the track. She was there for the perfect amount imo, the only missed opportunity was performing it with the Like A Virgin/Hollywood Medley

What about the pointless "bed scene" ? More than 30sec or more of nonsense , laughable choreo . Such a waste . They are two icons , invest more on the video . It'a good , but it would've been memorable. 

1 hour ago, summer2summer said:

What about the pointless "bed scene" ? More than 30sec or more of nonsense , laughable choreo . Such a waste . They are two icons , invest more on the video . It'a good , but it would've been memorable. 

I feel like a dance break would’ve been more entertaining, but the bed scene doesn’t detract from the video as a whole imo

I dont pay much attention to madonna on that mv bc its a britney song and brits choreo is more than enough from both of them. The outfit from brit is cool btw. It screams badass for me.

If it were a janet feature a dance battle is a must. But since it wasnt, i think what we got from the vid was just right. 

And btw, whenever i revisit her videography every now and then, i always watch it because its awesome. Just saying.

:bedtime:

1 hour ago, David Rose said:

the missed opportunity was wasting that level of collab on a song like MATM. a decent song, I'm not saying its bad, but not worthy of a legendary combination like madonna/britney. they needed a next level, undeniable banger and this wasn't it.

Exactly what i was aiming at . The song is amazing as is. With or without madonna , it would've been better as an album track or even a closing single . The song choice would've been better ....i think britney was done with in the zone and couldn't believe madonna said yes to being on a song with her so they rushed her vocals on whatever made sense . 

Imagine them both on a song like toxic or breathe on me. 

Archived