A couple glasses of wine later... and I listened to Britney Jean

BritneySpearsDolls

6 minutes ago, Avatar said:

Blackout has some of her ITZ vibes,  the tracks Dont Hang Up, And Then We Kiss, Boy and Girls could fit on either album. I always kind of saw them as the bridge of where her sound was going.

I could probably see a connection between ATWK and Heaven on Earth, maybe Don't Hang Up with Outta This World? and those weren't even precisely Britney's distinctive tracks, but other than that I think Blackout tracks are very different, like she was literally trying to be the opposite that she had been till that point. 

I think changes are good, but just not all of us are gonna like all of the changes, and I just didn't like the direction Blackout followed.

That's why I also think Britney albums should keep varied and not "cohesive" as many want, because otherwise it becomes a hit or miss. Or you like every track, or you hate them all. An album like Circus or Glory for example gives a track to every kind of fan. 

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

off topic, but it's funny because that's exactly how I feel about Blackout, I even remember telling that to a friend when explaining why it was my least favorite album.

From BOMT to ITZ there was a transition, but it was smooth through the 4 records. Then Blackout came out of nowhere and it felt so un-Britney to me at the time. 

And I understand Blackout gave Britney a whole wave of fans, many of which are still here, and I understand their disappointment with the following records, because they've set their standards to that album. What will always baffle me is those who claim to have been fans since the beginning and yet loved and put Blackout as "her best". It makes me wonder if they were even fans of early Britney to begin with :idkney: 

Err no. Been a stan since the beginning and Blackout is my favorite. It feels raw and honest and the most mature record she has done up to that point. It was like the next step after ITZ even though her presence is felt more on ITZ. Circus actually feels like a regression of sorts and FF even more so. And then Glory picks up where Blackout left off. 

6 minutes ago, BritneysBitch82 said:

Err no. Been a stan since the beginning and Blackout is my favorite. It feels raw and honest and the most mature record she has done up to that point. It was like the next step after ITZ even though her presence is felt more on ITZ. Circus actually feels like a regression of sorts and FF even more so. And then Glory picks up where Blackout left off. 

I don't feel Circus or FF as regressions, but actually as the direction her pop style needed to evolve into in the first place.

And I don't think Glory picks up where Blackout left. Glory is something different, again, they're changes that some people may like while others won't, and in that case I really liked most of it. I never imagined Britney doing something like Man on the Moon, and even less after Blackout, but there we were 9 years later and it's one of my favorite songs of hers.

But she needs something completely different for B10, different from Blackout, different from Glory. A Glory follow up would've been fine in 2017 but not after all these years. And I think the only one that has proven to always create great songs with her by actually changing up the style is Max Martin, but that's a topic for another thread :P

Archived