(VIDEO) Britney being degraded live on TV

jennyj

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it was staged, she agreed to it, hardly degrading if she agreed to it. If she had just worn the dress and he said that unrehearsed and she was genuinely upset there would have been media outrage and it would have worked in her favor but people don't understand that she knew what she was doing she loved the attention of the media from the controversy and tbh slay it got her coin and where she is today 

If you really pay attention, Britney's entire career was built upon "good girl vs bad girl", sort of like a multiple personality individual.   I know we interpret it as her being an "unpredictable entertainer" but we always predicted that she would push the limits with sexuality so it was VERY predictable in fact.  I remember being a kid and being annoyed that this was part of her image because I fell in love the with relatable side of Britney - the side that I feel is close to who she is as a person.  Even today we have this image of "lady in the street, freak in the sheets" or music videos of her constantly going to mansion party where dirty things happen behind closed doors.  I just feel like she was doomed from the start - they were building this internal battle inside of her and it created multiple personalities. 

3 hours ago, Dhl818 said:

19 years old is not under age....18 is the age of consent and in some states its 17.

But she was still a teen who couldn't legally drink alcohol. 

Sometimes I wonder if the reason she doesn’t like looking back at the past is because of these moments. When I was her age in this vid, I wanted to show off/be cheeky kinda the same way but now that im a bit older/wiser I cringe at the thought of it. The older you get the more reserved you become.

1 hour ago, stateofgracebritney said:

Ok but... :joanne: I wanna know why was she saying this, is she like a hater or something?

shes sarah silverman. a comedian. she was the opening monologue right after britney performed that night. she thought she was being funny. theres reports that she was going to apologize after but britney was out of it so she didnt even bother to approach her. i dont think shes a hater. at the time it was still cool to hate on britney although becoming less and less cool throughout that year as it became apparent she needed help but i think the VMA's was before she even lost her kids the VMA's were in september and she lost her kids a few weeks later. I believe. theres really no reason lol but thats all the information on the topic. 

5 minutes ago, Dhl818 said:

shes sarah silverman. a comedian. she was the opening monologue right after britney performed that night. she thought she was being funny. theres reports that she was going to apologize after but britney was out of it so she didnt even bother to approach her. i dont think shes a hater. at the time it was still cool to hate on britney although becoming less and less cool throughout that year as it became apparent she needed help but i think the VMA's was before she even lost her kids the VMA's were in september and she lost her kids a few weeks later. I believe. theres really no reason lol but thats all the information on the topic. 

Didn’t Britney leave right away after her performance that night? 

15 hours ago, LiamM said:

Didn’t Britney leave right away after her performance that night? 

im not sure i never saw anything saying that. however she would still most likely have changed her clothes and stuff its not like she would walk out the stage straight to the door. and if she was really out of it then she may have stuck around for awhile. or that report was just sarah silverman trying to save her *** because she got some backlash for those comments. 

Archived