"If this young lady [Britney] and her daddy don't resolve their issues, and he doesn't try harder to establish a good, strong relationship with her, she will end up clinging to the first real romance in her life."

One day when Britney was about thirteen and Jamie Lynn was just a toddler, we all went to a local pastor we knew for some family counseling. Jamie's drinking had been out of control, and I thought this pastor could give us some much- needed guidance on how to keep us four from splintering. We only went a few times - nobody except me really appreciated what the pastor was saying - but he did point out something profound. "If this young lady [Britney] and her daddy don't resolve their issues, and he doesn't try harder to establish a good, strong relationship with her, she will end up clinging to the first real romance in her life. That man will be of extreme importance in her life, and that relationship will determine the course of all her relationships with men from then on."
I couldn't know at the time, but of course, the first true romance in Britney's life was Justin, her childhood sweetheart, the one who had been friends with her since they were both young cast mates on MMC.  – Lynne 

I wonder the impact of the c-ship on their relationship and how affected her relations with men. I hope she is happy and that soon enough she will have the stable family and happy ending she always dreamed of :crying4:

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, The Greatest Show said:

I'm not saying she isnt happy but I wonder if she just goes with the flow bc she doesn't know how to fight or doesn't see the point of it. And I'm not saying there is. 

Britney makes money since she was a kid, she supports herself since she was what, 16? Imagine being independent this young and then having ur father controlling ur life. To say who ur can date or can't date. She admitted the background checking herself. I'm not saying it's a bad thing entirely but I already wondered how she must have felt about that. Britney is a stubborn person and was a free sprit so I don't think it has been all roses for her. The situation I mean.

Other thing I imagined is if her dad was really against K-Fed. At the wedding he seemed really upset and kinda disappointed. And I wonder if he expressed how she was young and should take slow for example, if it did make any difference for her, considering how they didn't have a good relationship for Idk how many years in her life. 

Anyway, I wish she has the freedom she needs to and will have her happy ending afterall. 

1 hour ago, WilderWein said:

Are YOU high? Nothing weird or out of the ordinary here?

OP; that makes a LOT of sense... Britney has an extremely unhealthy relationship with men and usually those issue root from daddy issues.

I remembered this Lynne's quote some days ago when on another thread people were discussing how needy Britney was/is. This makes so much sense, even more when she did say on FTR that when the relationship ended she didn't know what to do with herself bc he was part of the magnitude she had become or smt like that. And didn't one of her lawyers say the breakdown started there? 

On the book Lynne says how they left things unfinished and this probably had to do with a lot that happened later. 

• 2 months later...
On 1/20/2019 at 5:10 AM, WilderWein said:

Are YOU high? Nothing weird or out of the ordinary here?

OP; that makes a LOT of sense... Britney has an extremely unhealthy relationship with men and usually those issue root from daddy issues.

This was what I thought when people were talking about her being needy

• 1 year later...
35 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

It did lol I was really upset with Lynne at that moment but she did step in to help a little... 12 years later.  

U were actually half right imo. I dont think Lynne is jealous of Britney and belittles her like Jamie, JL and Bryan seem to do, and I think she seems the one who likes Britney the most, however I think she was a stage mom and tried to live her dreams thru Britneys success and accomplishments. And I still think shes barely doing anything, that Britney isnt her priority and she has been neglecting Britney since she was 15. I think shes playing both sides and is trying to save face. 

36 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

What frustrates me the most is that Lynne was present in a lot of interviews and even supposedly cowrote a book with Britney and it gave the illusion that she was very present, but we find out after all of these years that she passed off a lot of her mother responsibilities to Fe. 

I feel exactly the same! I bought back then that she was always with her but from Justin's friend's interview (that toured with Britney) and Justin's old interviews, we can tell that Britney was pretty much alone even If she had Felicia. And Felicia could be great, but she wasnt her mother, she was more like an assistant/friend. Justins mom was the one who toured the world with him when he was underage, that was always there for him. He was her priority. I think the worst about what Lynne seemed to do is that she kept doing the same mistakes over and over again, she was always (and still is) with JL when Britney needed her. Then she refuses to admit she made mistakes. She tried to blame everyone else but herself. She even went on tv to say that each time Britney made more money, they lost more influence over her bc all the other people were more cool. I mean, I bet they lost influence over their daughter bc they were almost never with her on the road when she was being overworked, pressured and harassed by the media while she was paying her family's bills to stay comfortably in Louisiana.

Archived