2004-06: The K-Fed Era

11 hours ago, zxcvb said:

But why would she have listened?

At the end of the day, Britney was a manufactured pop puppet, no matter how hard she worked.  She basically worked hard at being a puppet.  And she became tired of being a puppet.

This is a good article detailing all of it:

"Spears seems well on the way to losing whatever professional or monetary rewards she was able to reap from her meteoric childhood ascension, in part because she was never the motor behind it. She was processed food: created and packaged and put on shelves. All the people who are close to her -- from her mother to her managers to her shrinks to her friends to her songwriters -- are the very people who made her so widely available, who have profited from her. Maybe she's sick of being told what to do and how to do it and what to wear and what to sing and how to look good and when to take a break, but her insulation from self-sufficiency has left her declawed, unable to make sharp choices to preserve herself. She probably should have had the chance to see through that marriage to her childhood pal Jason Alexander a few months ago. As screw-ups go, it wasn't so bad. He was an old friend; she could have figured out a way to undo a youthful snafu, could have learned from cleaning up her own mess. But her handlers arrived with mops, sending the bummed-out groom back in coach. So no wonder she's freezing out people who tell her that Federline is bad news..."

https://www.salon.com/2004/08/23/britney_9/

Of course she did get a prenup.  (Prenups do not affect child support, of course)  So that was huge.

(In a lot of ways one can argue that the only good that came from her entertainment career was her fragrance line.)

Media is so dramatic, ofc being a pop star implies being attachted to a label and a management team but that's not something particular to Britney, every singer goes through the same way, she just sticked to that safe formula because that's what brought her and her label the money, yes, she was marketed but what pop star isn't? She was never forced to do such things, sometimes amazes me how some fans act like she was forced totally against her will to keep making music :tiffhair:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/8/2018 at 9:42 AM, sibode said:

well... youthful... She was 23 back then so... 

Omg this is so surreal to me. Back then she was as old as I am now - mind you after having sold dozens of millions of albums and here I am just struggling with my thesis hahaha. I remember seeing Chaotic on TV in 2006 and loving it haha, of course I didn't get a lot of the ****** jokes haha, but it was still fun! To this date this whole period is my favorite era of hers; I loved her personality here, I loved the music she made (though it was little, it could still beat like 70% of her album discography) and I just loved her sparkle, you know?

Archived