Things about Bitney that confuse you

10 minutes ago, ToxicLuver23 said:

Why she mentioned "Sneaking away to the Philippines" in her song "Piece Of Me" back in 2007, but never actually been to the Philippines until her Asia Tour last year in 2017, basically 10 years after she sung about sneaking away to the Philippines in a song back in 2007, like it was a common place for her to sneak away to, to get away from the paparazzi or something. :slowdown:

Because she didn't write the lyrics

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, The Greatest Show said:
  • Has hundreds of millions of dollars but hasnt managed to have great hair consistently since 2003

Yeah I wanna know this too like, wtf is she doing?

but honestly a lot of our questions about her will go un-answered until the day she passes and people start coming out with stories they couldnt tell while she is alive

3 hours ago, If I'm Dancing said:

Why she and her team scrap so many good things that lead us to meltdowns?

Why she still uses her baby voice when she is more mature now?

Why she lets her team photoshop her so much in the photoshoots? She doesn't need it,she is beautiful!

633289e891d82fa7e48b4827c034533e278f8b7b

maxresdefault.jpg

Britney doesn't even look like that anymore oh my 

3 hours ago, ToxicLuver23 said:

Why she mentioned "Sneaking away to the Philippines" in her song "Piece Of Me" back in 2007, but never actually been to the Philippines until her Asia Tour last year in 2017, basically 10 years after she sung about sneaking away to the Philippines in a song back in 2007, like it was a common place for her to sneak away to, to get away from the paparazzi or something. :slowdown:

I think she meant somewhere far far away but Philippines was just a random choice just to emphasize on getting lost to somewhere no one could think of :snarky:

8 hours ago, kejotik said:

- why not sing live ballads?

- why does she not re-record the old songs? lip-synching to the 1998 bomt version for20 years is embarassing

- why does she not change her eyeliner?

- what's with the hair?

- what's with the lips?

- what's with her teeth?

- why shoot music videos following  a script, being provocative on camera for 2-3 days and then scrapping them?

- why has the pussycat dolls cameo not leaked?

- what's with Just Yesterday?

- what's with Baby Boy?

- what's with her general amnesia about her life and career (like saying Will.I.Am. came up with the phrase "it's britney, *****")

Bold part: I'd like to make a comment that ties in with lips. And it's something I've thought about lately. What was with the "Joker smile" in "Hold it Against Me"?  What was that supposed to mean? The only thing I could come up with is going through a hard time and the last thing she wants to do is smile. She's just in a situation where she has to plaster these fake *** smiles on her face and they wanted to exaggerate that point by using a very famous smile that's known to be disturbing. 

I don't really have anything else to add. I like some of the stuff already mentioned throughout the thread

2 hours ago, glitterfalls said:

Bold part: I'd like to make a comment that ties in with lips. And it's something I've thought about lately. What was with the "Joker smile" in "Hold it Against Me"?  What was that supposed to mean? The only thing I could come up with is going through a hard time and the last thing she wants to do is smile. She's just in a situation where she has to plaster these fake *** smiles on her face and they wanted to exaggerate that point by using a very famous smile that's known to be disturbing. 

I don't really have anything else to add. I like some of the stuff already mentioned throughout the thread

Yes, that’s essentially what it means. The whole music video is demonstrating the duality between Britney the public figure (external) vs Britney the human being (internal). For example, in the scene where she is surrounded by microphones, the rapid cuts displaying her ”bad side” illustrate the times when she has briefly let her guard down with the media/public, and allowed a glimpse of her true self (and her deep contempt of the media) to be shown:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

These scenes only last for a split second, referencing how she always returns to her sweet and perfect public image after an outburst.

Similarly, in the scene you're referring to, she feels trapped, surrounded by memories of her past accomplishments and inundated with the pressure to live up to them. So, despite her internal distress, she flashes an inauthentic smile in order to appease the masses. It's basically about hiding her inner darkness and keeping up appearances to appease the puppet master pulling her up.

anigif_enhanced-15938-1403909651-1.gif

6 hours ago, LostInAnImage said:

Yes, that’s essentially what it means. The whole music video is demonstrating the duality between Britney the public figure (external) vs Britney the human being (internal). For example, in the scene where she is surrounded by microphones, the rapid cuts displaying her ”bad side” illustrate the times when she has briefly let her guard down with the media/public, and allowed a glimpse of her true self (and her deep contempt of the media) to be shown:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

These scenes only last for a split second, referencing how she always returns to her sweet and perfect public image after an outburst.

Similarly, in the scene you're referring to, she feels trapped, surrounded by memories of her past accomplishments and inundated with the pressure to live up to them. So, despite her internal distress, she flashes an inauthentic smile in order to appease the masses. It's basically about hiding her inner darkness and keeping up appearances to appease the puppet master pulling her up.

anigif_enhanced-15938-1403909651-1.gif

Thank you for the genuine reply. I really was hesitant to ask because I didn't want a lot of joke answers because of the controversy with her real lips now. 

2 hours ago, SlayTheLights said:
  • Calls herself a perfectionist but half ***** 80% of the time
  • Like anybody, sometimes Britney doesn't want to go to work, but she does anyway.
  • The difference is that people spend their hard earned money to watch her. If her dancers can manage to bring it every night, so should she
  • Does backhandsprings, back walkovers, handstand walks and other cool stuff at home but does Zuma moves on stage.
  • She obviously lacks confidence doing this, which is why she didn't do it in Europe that one time.
  • She didnt do it in Europe that one time because she was off on timing and the dancer wasnt prepared. + it was a different dancer.
  • Says she loves fashion/lingere but has the worst taste of any popstar out there
  • I have to disagree, I think Britney's personal style is heavily underrated, most of her 2007 outfits are EPIC, if you look back now
  • Lmao Britney has been known to have terrible taste her entire career. The second she starts medelling with clothing it gets ugly. Her candids reflect that.
  • says she deserves praise for singin live and dancing but doesnt even bother lipsyncing when she thinks we cant see her (she clearly knows her mic is off)
  • The fact that her team sped up that live IG singing proves it's not all her, clearly her label want her to keep the baby voice.
  • Lmao her team didnt speed it up, it was a filter and the other video was too long for IG and thats probably why she sped it up. They are not stupid, they know that we know what her voice sounds like and that speeding up a video wont fool us.
  • sings random cover songs live once every couple of years but never sings her own songs.
  • Please see above, I don't think RCA would allow this, they want her on brand
  • Riiight... RCA wont allow her to do something about all the negative press she gets for lipsyncing ... sure.
  • said POM is the most dancing she has ever done in a show
  • POM is the most dancing she has done since the ONYX tour, okay
  • And she said the most dancing she has ever done... which it is not.
  • mentioned becoming a makup artist during the Circus MV shoot but is terrible at doing makup
  • I think she likes the heavy eye-shadow look, if you watch early documentaries like Stages, you'll see that she's always done her own makeup, it was just much lighter back then
  • Wheather or not she likes the look has nothing to do with the fact that she is terrible at doing makeup. Not just the eyes.
  • Has hundreds of millions of dollars but hasnt managed to have great hair consistently since 2003
  • Has more important things to do, such as be a mom
  • She only has the kids part time and her kids are in school the whole day.

Britneys "underrated style"

001-1.jpgarticle-0-1BCD7A5A00000578-563_634x974.jBritney+Spears++Shopping+for+Halloween+C001.jpgef0b3f90f0d073ecf2994a3cee8dea7b.jpg3OHYcCQ.jpgBritney+Spears+2011+Kids+7.jpgBritney+Spears+2011+Candids.jpg1091340-britney-spears-son-fils-sa-mere-article-2384535-1B257E3D000005DC-911_634article-1022668-0169E60900000578-832_468article-2322131-19B360DE000005DC-246_634britney-spears-la-see-through-net-02.jpg1019-britney-spears-fameflynet-3.jpgz6.jpgBSPEARSLIP102207_13.jpg

3 hours ago, glitterfalls said:

Thank you for the genuine reply. I really was hesitant to ask because I didn't want a lot of joke answers because of the controversy with her real lips now. 

It's my pleasure! I really enjoy discussing the philosophical and sociopolitical influences behind her work; I genuinely believe she's much more cognizant and philosophical than people give her credit for.

Archived