Things about Bitney that confuse you

WHY does she show sparks of the brilliant performer in backstage videos, rehearsals, etc but then hasn't delivered half that on stage in 10+ years? (years POM 2.0 had good moments, but it still wasn't the Britney of early years)

And don't give me that aging excuse or mom excuse, Madonna (23 years older - 6 kids), Janet (15 years older - new mother), and JLo (12 years older, mother of twins) for example have all maintained or even  improved in ways their performing skills over the years.

If its stage fright or anxiety, how can you say you love what you do? "I love performing on stage, it scares the **** out of me so I half-*** it almost every time"

:idkney:

I may sound like I'm bashing Brit, but... its confusing. 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Tear the floor up up said:

Wait, what? When did she post it on Insta?

I believe it was right around the time she was with Charlie.  She was un front of a full length mirror with Christmas lights around it and the caption was "Merry Christmas (Something something something, I don't recall what)"  It was taken down and a similar pic was put up without the caption.  I wouldn't have given it a second thought, but it was the exact same date that she said it on stage a couple of years prior. I tried to find it a while back, but I'll look again.  It's been a while.

11 minutes ago, patr!ckjean said:

WHY does she show sparks of the brilliant performer in backstage videos, rehearsals, etc but then hasn't delivered half that on stage in 10+ years? (years POM 2.0 had good moments, but it still wasn't the Britney of early years)

And don't give me that aging excuse or mom excuse, Madonna (23 years older - 6 kids), Janet (15 years older - new mother), and JLo (12 years older, mother of twins) for example have all maintained or even  improved in ways their performing skills over the years.

If its stage fright or anxiety, how can you say you love what you do? "I love performing on stage, it scares the **** out of me so I half-*** it almost every time"

Madonna, Janet, and JLo did not have mental breakdowns and don't have to take medication. As someone who is on a lot of medication myself, I can tell you that it changes your core personality. I am not the same person as before, and neither is Britney. This is just a job for her now, and honestly, what do you think she is going to say?

"Actually, I hate performing. I don't care about my fans, and this album is definitely NOT my best work. But I'm making millions of dollars, so hey! It's Britney, *****!" :tiffcackle: 

Of course she is going to say what she has to say for her career. :mattafact: 

On 4/6/2018 at 8:59 AM, LisaJane said:
  • sings random cover songs live once every couple of years but never sings her own songs.

Yeah this bugs me a little tbh. 

And the songs she covers are a differently style from her own music. I get the impression she doesn't actually like her own music.

I think that's exactly the point she's trying to make. 

It's just that nobody listens to her. :dontlike:

47 minutes ago, billyjb26 said:

Madonna, Janet, and JLo did not have mental breakdowns and don't have to take medication. As someone who is on a lot of medication myself, I can tell you that it changes your core personality. I am not the same person as before, and neither is Britney. This is just a job for her now, and honestly, what do you think she is going to say?

"Actually, I hate performing. I don't care about my fans, and this album is definitely NOT my best work. But I'm making millions of dollars, so hey! It's Britney, *****!" :tiffcackle: 

Well, this may be true, but even its just a job to her now... she still doesn't seem to be putting forth a whole lot of effort into it. And does that make it okay? imo, no. 

And as long as we're talking about the mental breakdown and medication, yes I know it does change people's personalities, etc... but I find it hard to believe it changes your ability to perform. We see what she can do backstage and what people say about her who work with her. I'm not talking about her personality here. My point was she doesn't deliver onstage 90% of the time, but still shows in a private setting she has the ability, or at least a far superior level than what she delivers to fans.

So I really don't see her troubles from 10 years ago as an excuse for not being a professional onstage. :cooltshirt:

• complains about the audience not being loud enough but barely interacts with them
  • sings live a cover to prove that she can sing live and then proceeds to lipsync a song of hers that's mostly talking
  • doesn't know what OIDIA is about
  • says that she was to focus on her present material yet does a residency based on her hits and most of merch is from her prime days
  • kills it a rehearsals and half-***** it onstage
  • talks about being a mom and being modest yet she's 80% naked on her latest performances
  • asks for credibility on things she doesn't do
2 hours ago, patr!ckjean said:

I get it. And as much as I love current Britney, I so dearly miss Classicney. I really do, like who she was before she met Kevin. I also miss a Circusney because she didn’t give a literal ****. But I’m so thankful and happy for her today. She finally seems happy. And her body is like “Wow”!  

3 hours ago, billyjb26 said:

Janet has had mental health issues. The Velvet Rope era was all about this. 

2 hours ago, patr!ckjean said:

Well, this may be true, but even its just a job to her now... she still doesn't seem to be putting forth a whole lot of effort into it. And does that make it okay? imo, no. 

And as long as we're talking about the mental breakdown and medication, yes I know it does change people's personalities, etc... but I find it hard to believe it changes your ability to perform. We see what she can do backstage and what people say about her who work with her. I'm not talking about her personality here. My point was she doesn't deliver onstage 90% of the time, but still shows in a private setting she has the ability, or at least a far superior level than what she delivers to fans.

So I really don't see her troubles from 10 years ago as an excuse for not being a professional onstage. :cooltshirt:

I don't think it's okay, either. Just as much as anyone else on here, I want to see Britney bring her A game to her performances again. I'm tired of her half assing her career and tarnishing her legacy. My hypothetical explanation is in no way an attempt to excuse her behavior. On the other hand, I'm not criticizing her, either. Just observing. None of us know what it is like to be her today, or why she behaves the way she does. :mattafact: 

11 minutes ago, CuriousaboutBrit said:

Janet has had mental health issues. The Velvet Rope era was all about this. 

A lot of people have mental health issues. We don't know what Britney's specific mental illnesses are. Just because two people both have mental health issues doesn't mean they are exactly the same. Mental illness is a HUGE umbrella term that encompasses a whole range of problems. A mental illness could only be a case of mild depression or anxiety, or it could be seeing and hearing things that aren't even there. :mattafact: 

So I'll stick to the facts: Was Janet put in a psych ward against her will? Was Janet subsequently put in a conservatorship for 10 years? I don't really follow her, so I don't know the answer. If the answer is no, then that isn't really a fair comparison. :mattafact: 

21 minutes ago, SlayTheLights said:

Why are you even here if you hate Britney so much :zoomzoom:

Like, you need a hobby :snarky:

Also, I stand by what I said about Britney's personal style, esp in 2007 :pleaseshhh:

Britney-Spears-wore-somewhat-scandalous-britenyspears.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRqgxnhhSUS2fa18Aju2yRbritney_red_outfit.jpg0405_spears_stain_fame-1.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTKLZHKUXZCaOR70BvzVe6

Britney may have a very quirky sense of style, but it's been proven that, when she get's it right, she looks fantastic. :toocute:

Enjoy your negativity :tiffcackle:

God you are such a brittard you don't even realize that just because you think something is bad you don't automatically  hate Britney. Petsonally I think her terrible style is endearing. 

All of your pictures just prove my point even more.

Archived