Gorman Bechard talks about Britney's first starring role

Guest riccus

The odyssey of Second Greatest Story, in fact, would stretch for more than a decade past the book’s publication date. Judd came back on board as director, then dropped out again; it was subsequently optioned by New York-based production company The Shooting Gallery, hot off the Oscar-winning success of Sling Blade. Nearly three years later, frustrated by the wait and the company’s desire to replace him as scriptwriter, Bechard reclaimed the rights. At one point, Bechard recalls, “Someone in Hollywood wanted to make it with an $80-million budget, and it was going to be the first starring role for Britney Spears. I fired my manager because of that and took the book off the market.”

rest of the article:

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

Winona, Whoopi and Britney were all considered to play the same role. Isn't that weird, funny, random? :verycool:

Like, how do you imagine the character was supposed to be like after you hear this? lol 

And him scrapping the book because they were gonna make it about Britney. 

He could be the next shonda rimes :tiffcackle:

52 minutes ago, riccus said:

And him scrapping the book because they were gonna make it about Britney. 

He could be the next shonda rimes :tiffcackle:

the story sounds kind of interesting, it would've been great for Britney to do such a role, today it would be a cult classic from the 00's if done properly (Britney taking some serious acting classes).

Or it would've been a mess, but we'll never know. I guess we can't blame him for wanting to follow his vision.

Archived