Erm, What?! Miley Cyrus Says Swinging Naked On A Wrecking Ball Is The Most Embarrassing Thing She's Ever Done

Jordan Miller

• Leader

This isn't right.

Miley has had some questionable quotes during this season's stint on The Voice.

She recently told one of the singers half of the time she doesn't like pop music (including her own), and now the singer is talking smack about the flawless Bangerz ballad, "Wrecking Ball."

"I've swung naked on a wrecking ball, that's one of the most embarassing things I've ever done," she said on the most recent episode. If you aren't sure she's referring to, please watch the clip below and then rinse the shame off of yourself with a scalding hot shower.

I don't typically find myself agreeing with anything Blake Shelton has to say, but his rebuttal was perfect.

"No way, you've done way more embarassing things than that," he said.

It's arguably the pop star's biggest song and music video of her career, so this is very disappointing. Almost on the same level as Britney Spears saying performing with banana the snake was a ridiculous idea. Own it, Miley!

Thoughts on Miley's statement? Leave us a comment below!

And while you're at it... follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She has that annoying habit of ******** on her past. Last I checked, Bangerz was all your concepts and ideas so it's not like you can disown it as someone else's work the way you did with Hannah Montana and Disney. That's your legacy, your work and your career. How sad that you want to belittle it because you're all holier than thou now.

I wonder if the Bangerz era was a scam and it was similar to FF / BJ eras for Britney in terms of input. Maybe that's why she keeps ******** on it so much. Idk, if I were an artist I wouldn't be so careless about my legacy and discography, have some dignity and stand up for your craft. :imok: It might be easier said than done though, I'm sure I don't know half of the ways a label can punish an artist for disobeying but artists like Kelly Clarkson have been speaking up about it so it can't be that bad. :outwithit: 

8 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

She has that annoying habit of ******** on her past. Last I checked, Bangerz was all your concepts and ideas so it's not like you can disown it as someone else's work the way you did with Hannah Montana and Disney. That's your legacy, your work and your career. How sad that you want to belittle it because you're all holier than thou now.

This. Her constantly dissing her past material makes her look like a puppet who records whatever is trendy and gets her the most GP attention instead of someone who makes music for her fans.

I can't take stuff like Malibu seriously because I know she's gonna diss it in like 2 years when she's gonna come back with sometyhing urban and shocking, and the "light" Malibu will have been a "mistake". I can already imagine it: "Malibu is something that doesn't truly represent me, it's something that my label wanted me to do. My new single "#*something tasteless and tacky*" is something that comes from the heart. It's Miley. Malibu wasn't.". 

Bookmark this and bump it in 2/3 years. :bang:

2 minutes ago, ATWK said:

This. Her constantly dissing her past material makes her look like a puppet who records whatever is trendy and gets her the most GP attention instead of someone who makes music for her fans.

I can't take stuff like Malibu seriously because I know she's gonna diss it in like 2 years when she's gonna come back with sometyhing urban and shocking, and the "light" Malibu will have been a "mistake". I can already imagine it: "Malibu is something that doesn't truly represent me, it's something that my label wanted me to do. My new single "#*something tasteless and tacky*" is something that comes from the heart. It's Miley. Malibu wasn't.". 

Bookmark this and bump it in 2/3 years. :bang:

Urban will never happen again. Black Twitter and the SJW will make sure to end her career the way they did Iggy if that happens. Her best bet is to go back to dance pop for a hit. :verycool:

Just now, BoyToySoldier said:

Urban will never happen again. Black Twitter and the SJW will make sure to end her career the way they did Iggy if that happens. Her best bet is to go back to dance pop for a hit. :verycool:

Even if it's not urban, it will definetly be very shocking and the absolute opposite of what she's doing now. The thing about her is that she has no "signature image". Is she country? Urban? Dance-Pop? Grotesque (Dead Petz)? Pop Rock? She's an artist who hasn't really discovered her sound yet. She just hops on whatever gets her the most attention. 

2 minutes ago, ATWK said:

Even if it's not urban, it will definetly be very shocking and the absolute opposite of what she's doing now. The thing about her is that she has no "signature image". Is she country? Urban? Dance-Pop? Grotesque (Dead Petz)? Pop Rock? She's an artist who hasn't really discovered her sound yet. She just hops on whatever gets her the most attention. 

I actually enjoyed Dead Petz and recognize it as her strongest work. I think Space Bootz is the best song of her career and I wouldn't mind more stuff like that. But you're right, she's sonically all over the place and I think she does a bad job at tying it all together. A good example of this would be Christina or Madonna.

Just now, BoyToySoldier said:

I actually enjoyed Dead Petz and recognize it as her strongest work. I think Space Bootz is the best song of her career and I wouldn't mind more stuff like that. But you're right, she's sonically all over the place and I think she does a bad job at tying it all together. A good example of this would be Christina or Madonna.

I never listened to Dead Petz but I watched the Dooooooooooooooooooooooooooo It! video and that's where I got the "grotesque" from. She definetly needs to find her sound and image. Demi has kinda found hers (R&B) and Selena is getting there as well (Fetish fits her voice quite well and I'd love for her to make more songs like that).

8 minutes ago, ATWK said:

I never listened to Dead Petz but I watched the Dooooooooooooooooooooooooooo It! video and that's where I got the "grotesque" from. She definetly needs to find her sound and image. Demi has kinda found hers (R&B) and Selena is getting there as well (Fetish fits her voice quite well and I'd love for her to make more songs like that).

You should, I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised.

Archived