Unpopular opinion re: Make Me

j1834

Since this is a topic again today.  Objectively, the original Make Me video made no sense.    Almost the whole video has leaked and it has nothing to do with the song or lyrics at all, whatsoever. 

Yes, the production value is better.  She looks better.  But the video otherwise lacked any story or direction.

The official video they released matches the song better: male dancers auditioning for Britney, hoping to make her "oooooh."   It was rushed, and low budget, and the already-obligated product placement didn't fit well.  But the theme matched the song and had a story.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thinklot of people agree that video 1 makes no sense but at the same time it was also a change of scenery. It was daring and confident

i dont think the theme of the video was bad but I mean how does a professional make something that terrible when a college student could do something better than that for half the price. That belonged to Hannah Montana first season

Just now, j1834 said:

Since this is a topic again today.  Objectively, the original Make Me video made no sense.    Almost the whole video has leaked and it has nothing to do with the song or lyrics at all, whatsoever. 

Yes, the production value is better.  She looks better.  But the video otherwise lacked any story or direction.

The official video they released matches the song better: male dancers auditioning for Britney, hoping to make her "oooooh."   It was rushed, and low budget, and the already-obligated product placement didn't fit well.  But the theme matched the song and had a story.

A lot of people say that the video doesn't make sense, but it's because the two clips that leaked are not from the same video.

The first scene was a teaser, that's why it ends with the director saying cut.  This one has nothing to do with the second video.

The second one is the actual video, but rough, that's why it has the ads pasted on the TVs with blur. This one is the one that should leak in full if we wanna judge the concept.

1 minute ago, DJSLAYZEE said:

How is that unpopular in any way? I think that’s a unanimous opinion here :tiffcackle:

Really!? I feel like everyone is always praising the original Make Me video.  It's developed a cult-like following and inflated status because it was scrapped and therefore it's mysterious.

Like her unreleased song, Rebellion.  A long snippet was on her website back in the day, and it sounded awful.    Yet this site acts like it was a Toxic-like song that we'll never hear. 

there is still enough missing from the video so no one is able to fully judge it.

though i dont mind music videos without a story. a lot of beautiful music videos dont have a good plot or one at all.

and  its not like the song itself has that huge and deep meaning you can build a storyline on. its about having *** and *******

2 minutes ago, Godney's Sweet *** said:

It didn't need to make sense, it just needed to be cool and edgy and exciting. EVERYTHING the official Make Me video failed on. 

Agreed. I don't hate the MM video... She looks very beautiful, but after seeing what leaked of the original.. It's cheesy and looks low budget. :gross:

1 hour ago, CJMCH said:

This one is the one that should leak in full if we wanna judge the concept.

THIS. So many people complaining that the original didn't make any sense.... BUT how can you say so if no one has actually seen the full thing?

Imo, despite having a partial video/concept it remains superior to that other THING that was given to us fans. What a slap in the face that was to us loyal stans. The original ***** all over the mickey mouse hand clapping hyena seizures nightmare that was forced upon us.

57 minutes ago, CristMont said:

When will B Team gonna give to the gays all they want? :crying2: Like the old times.

giphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.giftumblr_odx2guAGXC1utlsiko1_500.gif

I will never get over it, sorry. Don't try to drag me :tiffanycries:

Since when was it cool to hate on this classic masterpiece? Whoever hates on this and praises the official is delusional.  

No shame in the game hunny. Keep on praising what could have been. It's the spark that won't go out and may the hate for what was given to us forever flow through our veins. 

Tragic team B and lying Larry better have been listening. 

1 hour ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Almost the whole video didn’t leak, it wasn’t the final cut, we’re missing outfits that were leaked on set, we’re missing the entire narrative.

You don’t have to like it, but it’s a LaChappelle video and he always has a vision. It doesn’t have to match the song word for word.

1 hour ago, Streets said:

We only saw a few filmed scenes placed together for an unfinished video. The storyline is unclear from the leak because it isn't finished

EXACTLY. Thank you. 

1 hour ago, CristMont said:

When will B Team gonna give to the gays all they want? :crying2: Like the old times.

giphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.giftumblr_odx2guAGXC1utlsiko1_500.gif

I will never get over it, sorry. Don't try to drag me :tiffanycries:

:crying2: 

Although tbh I don't think the official video is THAT BAD, but I agree with most that the original video we didn't get looked better. But yeah, OP you're right in the sense that the official video has a storyline similar to the song's message.

Everytime didn't fully match the song and the MV either and the result was great. It could have even been greater hadn't her team didn't scrap David's original idea but anyway. Who cares? At this point it's pointless, It's in the past and we need to focus on B10 instead I don't care about anything related to the messy unexistent Glory era :comingthru:

Archived