Unpopular opinion re: Make Me

j1834

Omg yes if only the Make Me video would have made more sense, like Work *****, where she's sitting at a vanity in the middle of a desert while a car races around her and she stands in the center of a giant pool surrounded by sharks

Come to think of it, though, a surprisingly low number of Britney's videos have no immediate connection to the song. But it's not necessary for a video to be good, as Work ***** alone proves.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed I mean the original would have been hotter/more interesting but they were RIGHT - it was for nothing and made absolutely no sense. At least the official one made sense and had a point. She looked hot in the official version and I didn't mind the storyline. The product placement was ridic and it got really corny at times like the older dude, but I didn't think it was as bad as people made it out to be. Not amazing, but not her worst video by a long shot. 

The lack of a proper video for Make Me and her team's idiotic decision to refuse to let any Glory songs be on YouTube made this era STILLBORN. It is REALLY HARD to get a hit with no real video, and when you're like Britney and on your 9th era, you really ******* need to have a full rollout if you want success!  Not to mention releasing a mid-tempo as lead single in the first place when literally every one of her American Top 10 hits has been uptempo was DUMB too. Britney's ballads and mid-tempos A-L-W-A-Y-S underperform on the charts -- the only exception is Everytime, and Make Me ain't no ******' Everytime

yeah as if WORK *****, IM A SLAVE 4 U, BOYS, DLMBTLTK, CRAZY, NAGNYAW, ILRNR, OVERPROTECTED (not remix), DO SOMETHING, PIECE OF ME, CIRCUSSS, SCREAM AND SHOUT....Had a very big complex and deep PLOT.. God... I hate this argument.. the thing is MM Scrapped video is the BIGGEST MISTAKE in her career in the last 5 years.. and IT SHOULD NOT HAPPEN AGAIN... 

you can have a not very good song and be remembered with a decent video (Pretty Girls), but is very frustrating to have a GREAT STRONG AS MM.. and see it dies because the video was HORRIBLY MANAGED!!... Goood :letitburn::letitburn::letitburn:

hahaha ok.. sorry now I should go, take prozac and try to sleep.. this topic always put in a very bad mood... :weirdmeout:

Everything I wanted to say in response to the OP has already been expressed. There is NO EXCUSE for what happened, and let's not even go and discuss how they, Britney included, handled things. It's probably what sickens me the most, since we fans were involved in the whole thing. Everything was a MESS. Shame on them. :britclose:

Also, this is Britney uncomfortably not feeling the concept for y'all:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

:weusay:

If Exhale really wishes to get the nitty gritty about making sense, let's do a literal interpretation of the video.

A club scene on Friday she spots a stranger, insert cliche love video stares from model/Britney. Her and stranger kiss/leave/drive to her place, PG-13 *** scene while G-Eazy is inserted through a TV like the original video. Oh well, what a boring video that'd be. It's almost the official one.

Videos can take on different interpretations and can sometimes not relate to the song at all. I mean look at Like a Prayer. Is Madonna singing about racism, burning crosses, stigmata? No, it's the art of taking your song and visual concept to how you want it. The video was definitely the vibe her team were aiming at since the whole era was confirmed with a more ******, confident Britney only to be reduced to a slightly less conservative Britney Jean with more energy and personality.

On 10/31/2017 at 1:18 PM, CristMont said:

When will B Team gonna give to the gays all they want? :crying2: Like the old times.

giphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.giftumblr_odx2guAGXC1utlsiko1_500.gif

I will never get over it, sorry. Don't try to drag me :tiffanycries:

I definitely don’t think it was cause Britney hated it. She was great in both versions but why would she post (and still keep ) the pics from Make Me 1.0 and do that little interview if she was uncomfortable w the shoot

so much mystery tbh. Queen of conspiracies

Archived