Would you prefer that Britney has a huge failure like Fergie, but we get new music that she's passionaite about... or she just retires and keeps what's left of her legacy?

britneyausfan

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, britneyausfan said:

Now when i say huge failure, I mean she's out of the top 200 in the second week.... opens to number 20... and she has invested her OWN money into it

but keep in mind we get new music and new music videos 

Who cares about sales?
I want a GOOD album and I want a ******* performance with ******* GOOD dancing once and for all. I've been waiting for ******* 13 years!

Neither.......

She was passionate about Glory and it failed so that’s already happened.

She is way too young to retire so people need to quit saying that.

She just needs good commercial music that is memorable, a great first music video, some good live performances, some good practice in a dance studio with some good choreography, and more passion and she could be huge again. It’s all up to her how well she does. Her Emancipation of Mimi will come!

I just want her to release music she's passionate about. Who gives a damn if it does well or not? I wish you people would give it up with the retirement talk. Jesus, she's in her thirties. A lot has changed since Britney's prime, but she's still very much capable of selling tickets, making music and booking big performance slots. Some of you act like she's over the hill when she still clearly has a lot of talent and good music left in her which was evident with Glory.

I wish she performed as well as she once did and I wish she was still as strong as a force as she once was, but just because she lost a lot of that doesn't mean she deserves to be written off the the way she is by her own fans. She still has huge star power and a massive talent. Can we give her credit where it's due for once? 

5 minutes ago, jamesedward94 said:

Neither.......

She was passionate about Glory and it failed so that’s already happened.

She is way too young to retire so people need to quit saying that.

She just needs good commercial music that is memorable, a great first music video, some good live performances, some good practice in a dance studio with some good choreography, and more passion and she could be huge again. It’s all up to her how well she does. Her Emancipation of Mimi will come!

She might've been passionate about Glory (or at least a little more "passionate" than she was about her previous 2 albums), but she didn't bother to actually promote the album. Almost all of her promo performances were promoting Vegas instead. And she barely even mentioned Glory in any of her interviews at that time. ALSO, if she was really THAT passionate about the album, she would've given us something better than a screen-capped album cover.

34 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Depends on the quality. If it’s **** like Fergie’s album then keep it.

56 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

this, tbh.

i still can't believe that Britney sold that "most personal album ever" thing when it comes to Britney Jean. it's definitely her worst album ever. plus there is nothing personal in there apart from Alien, probably. it was a shot in the feet in Britney's career. :jlostare:

Fergie is another thing i think. She slayed her Dutchess sound, with London Bridge, Velvet, Big Girls Don't Cry or the flawless Glamorous... but she decided to go with the flow in her new album, making it more generic and do some feaut with people like Nicki Minaj like all the other artists. :nyheadache:

i think that a lot of people thought that she would step up her game with this new album, like the hype she created around it... but there is no coherency on it. probably the best song on the album is Save It Til Morning when she tries to recreate something like Big Girls Don't Cry, something more Fergie-ish. i guess people were wrong the expectations they had about Fergie.:boredney: i don't know nothing about reviews/sales of it tho.:decisions:

9 minutes ago, Maryy said:

this, tbh.

i still can't believe that Britney sold that "most personal album ever" thing when it comes to Britney Jean. it's definitely her worst album ever. plus there is nothing personal in there apart from Alien, probably. it was a shot in the feet in Britney's career. :jlostare:

Fergie is another thing i think. She slayed her Dutchess sound, with London Bridge, Velvet, Big Girls Don't Cry or the flawless Glamorous... but she decided to go with the flow in her new album, making it more generic and do some feaut with people like Nicki Minaj like all the other artists. :nyheadache:

i think that a lot of people thought that she would step up her game with this new album, like the hype she created around it... but there is no coherency on it. probably the best song on the album is Save It Til Morning when she tries to recreate something like Big Girls Don't Cry, something more Fergie-ish. i guess people were wrong the expectations they had about Fergie.:boredney: i don't know nothing about reviews/sales of it tho.:decisions:

Fergie is a terrible artist. She got lucky with the BEP and had a lot of industry professionals behind her like Will.I.Am and ludacris during her early solo career. 

However, on her own she's clearly crap. I liked her early stuff, but she can't write good songs and she doesn't have a coherent image.

She's overrated tbh, not an icon or a legend 

3 minutes ago, Pinky98 said:

Fergie is a terrible artist. She got lucky with the BEP and had a lot of industry professionals behind her like Will.I.Am and ludacris during her early solo career. 

However, on her own she's clearly crap. I liked her early stuff, but she can't write good songs and she doesn't have a coherent image.

She's overrated tbh, not an icon or a legend 

i agree with you. but the fact that she had been with the right people back in the days it was suppose to had nice influence on her... to create her own image and style and sound... unfortunately it wasn't the case. Double Dutchess is the living proof of it. 

I don't know what you all are talking about. Double Dutchess is a great album, except for the opening track, and the visuals are amazing.

I was thinking about making a thread about the fact that a month after it flopped, she's still promoting the album on TV shows. That's something Britney should do and her team should take notes. When the numbers are in, Britney and her team wrap the era, and for the last two albums we've got three-month eras with 2 singles, a week of promo during debut week and that's all. 

And I bet she'll get Fergie-like numbers soon if they keep doing the same with all the upcoming eras. 

And this comes from a Britney Jean stan who defended the album to death. Yes, I want Britney to care about her music for more than the time the album is on the charts.

On 10/24/2017 at 1:14 PM, Alex_1991 said:

Who cares about sales?
I want a GOOD album and I want a ******* performance with ******* GOOD dancing once and for all. I've been waiting for ******* 13 years!

Especially when youvealready sold close to 100 million and accomplished everything she’s done. I say give me 200% and if it flops at least she put her all into it

3 minutes ago, DoSomething954 said:

If she were passionate about an era and album, it wouldn't flop. We'd get better interviews, more promo, more conversation about the music, she'd take her craft seriously, etc. if she were more passionate which would definitely increase exposure and make ppl care again. 

There’s also that. People want britney to succeed and she’s had such good media and ticket sales for Vegas era, now it’s a matter of commitment and creativity 

3 hours ago, now.watch.me said:

I don't know what you all are talking about. Double Dutchess is a great album, except for the opening track, and the visuals are amazing.

I was thinking about making a thread about the fact that a month after it flopped, she's still promoting the album on TV shows. That's something Britney should do and her team should take notes. When the numbers are in, Britney and her team wrap the era, and for the last two albums we've got three-month eras with 2 singles, a week of promo during debut week and that's all. 

And I bet she'll get Fergie-like numbers soon if they keep doing the same with all the upcoming eras. 

And this comes from a Britney Jean stan who defended the album to death. Yes, I want Britney to care about her music for more than the time the album is on the charts.

this explains a lot, tbfqh. :jlostare:

Archived