Britney songs not in 4/4 time

December02

I'm racking my brain trying to think of Britney songs that are not in 4/4 time signature. I can only think of Private Show, which is 6/8 time. Anybody know any others? I have a pop music theory class in university and it's made me somewhat curious, but I think she almost always goes 4/4.

Update: apparently womanizer and rader are in 12/8 time according to the internet

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

Can you explain a bit what you’re talking about I’m sure that many people here, myself included, would love to learn more about this. 

Sure! So 4/4 is what most pop songs are and they have 4 beats (4 quarter notes) in a measure. So when you're tapping along to it you can count 1-2-3-4 within one measure and that patterns remains through the song. With like private show for example, it's 6/8 time so there are 6 eigth notes that are divided into two sets of 3. So you can count 1-2-3 1-2-3 in one measure and that pattern continues. There are other types of time signatures, but I was just wondering if anybody knows others that aren't the standard 4/4. Sorry if I butchered the explanation. 

1 hour ago, December02 said:

Sure! So 4/4 is what most pop songs are and they have 4 beats (4 quarter notes) in a measure. So when you're tapping along to it you can count 1-2-3-4 within one measure and that patterns remains through the song. With like private show for example, it's 6/8 time so there are 6 eigth notes that are divided into two sets of 3. So you can count 1-2-3 1-2-3 in one measure and that pattern continues. There are other types of time signatures, but I was just wondering if anybody knows others that aren't the standard 4/4. Sorry if I butchered the explanation. 

Still confused haha. I never did well in music at school. :calculating:

10 hours ago, December02 said:

OH, so the beginning of the song (I'm using the Private Show example) you go 1-2-3, 1-2-3, 1... 2... 3? (I mean to say the last "doo-doo-doo" can be three counts as well, but its slower?) Is that right? Or no?

20 minutes ago, popprison said:

I almost understood this but don't. When I do the counts during a song, it doesn't fit. 

5 minutes ago, Anita **** said:

Me too I tried it, didn't fit either, no wonder I had such bad grades in music class:yesokay:

Is there a reason why 4/4 is the norm for a lot of pop songs? 

Listen to the 4 hits before the songs starts (while she says It's Britney *****)

That's the pattern that remains throughout the whole song. 

10 hours ago, December02 said:

So now I wanna know this for ALL of her songs.

Archived