Was Britney uncomfortable on her Carpool Karaoke? Others were

none

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Alexanda said:

Yeah, a radiohost back in the day even said something is wrong and he didn't do that interview with her. :calculating: Something is very wrong compared to the beginning no, Britney never was that shy.

It's major anxiety. Being locked up in her house and with the same ppl every day isn't going to make it better. Which she has been doing for years. Why do you think she has improved emotionally over the last few years? She was forced to be around dancers and new ppl. I don't think it's fair for them to use the fans money to improve Britney's emotional tolerance. 

I have pretty bad anxiety but I forced myself to talk to ppl I don't normally associate with the get over a huge chunk of my anxiety. I am still pushing forward and working through certain fears with it but secluding yourself is the worst thing she can do...

1 hour ago, Alexanda said:

I don't get the hate for this guy? I like him, he is funny and really is doing the most to make people comfortable as it seems

Yeah I don't get it either, I think he goes out of his way to make people feel comfortable. And anyway, people agree to do this! It's not like he's driving around abducting musicians for his segment, for god's sake.

Bieber has been on there like four times, and he supposedly has an attitude problem, so clearly Corden is able to establish rapport with at least some artists, even difficult ones.

6 hours ago, mylonliNESS said:

I'm gonna say something a little mean and I might get dragged for this, but here goes nothing. When isn't home girl nervous these days. I totally understand, yes she has anxiety and some cases its almost crippling. She has been a performer for 2 decades now, and before you all drag me talking about her mental break down and '07 being the reason. She survived and doesn't like to talk about it. No offence to anyone but she needs to get a grip! She of all people knows life isn't easy, but if she wants the life away from the attention and media, she has the option of retiring. I don't want her to... but clearly she could use the time away.

As for her old songs, I get she may be tired of doing some of her old songs but she needs to remember that's what made her an Icon today. She needs enough confidence to say NO, I wanna sing some new songs if the old ones make her uncomfortable. She can say what she wants but there isn't a PLACE ON EARTH, that she can go and where they won't ask her to do Baby One More Time and Oops!... I'm sorry but it's true

If you all wanna drag me... I'm fine with that

Having anxiety isn’t something you can fix with just telling someone to “get a grip”. People struggle with it for the rest of their life, I know this because my mom and my best friend struggle with it and it’s heartbreaking. I can totally see why it’s hard for Britney to work under these kinds of conditions. But everyone screams at her do promo, and THIS IS PROMO. She comes across far less awkward than she did from 2008-2014, so she’s making a lot of progress. As far her old songs, she did say no to her oldest songs (like sometimes) but it’s pretty obvious they were going to do Oops and baby since those are her biggest classics. 

5 minutes ago, Legend said:

Having anxiety isn’t something you can fix with just telling someone to “get a grip”. People struggle with it for the rest of their life, I know this because my mom and my best friend struggle with it and it’s heartbreaking. I can totally see why it’s hard for Britney to work under these kinds of conditions. But everyone screams at her do promo, and THIS IS PROMO. She comes across far less awkward than she did from 2008-2014, so she’s making a lot of progress. As far her old songs, she did say no to her oldest songs (like sometimes) but it’s pretty obvious they were going to do Oops and baby since those are her biggest classics. 

I personally know people who suffer anxiety myself people who have gone through messed up circumstances (which I'd rather not get into, cause its really disgusting what happened to her). The whole point is, through therapy there are ways to overcome your anxiety. When I say "get a grip" meaning she has to find ways to cope with it. I'm not saying she needs to go out swinging and just laugh about it, but to some extent she can. She seems almost checked out in public appearances. I respect your views, because obviously each person handles their issues differently. However I will leave with this, if her condition is as bad as it seems, my honest suggestion is retirement. Since she is not able to cope with her anxiety.

On 10/13/2017 at 6:47 AM, mylonliNESS said:

I personally know people who suffer anxiety myself people who have gone through messed up circumstances (which I'd rather not get into, cause its really disgusting what happened to her). The whole point is, through therapy there are ways to overcome your anxiety. When I say "get a grip" meaning she has to find ways to cope with it. I'm not saying she needs to go out swinging and just laugh about it, but to some extent she can. She seems almost checked out in public appearances. I respect your views, because obviously each person handles their issues differently. However I will leave with this, if her condition is as bad as it seems, my honest suggestion is retirement. Since she is not able to cope with her anxiety.

That's stupid to tell her to just retire. She obviously enjoys what she does and is making an effort to be more personable. She has always been awkward but back then she was better at hiding it. So many celebrities are the same as her but it comes off as a diva. I met Jefferey Star's cousin one time and he said that Jefferey is a recluse and prefers staying at home whenever he can and not talk to anyone. I think you're being a little too harsh because she's trying unlike people like Demi Lavato and Justin Bieber that makes it look like it's such a pain to deal with people and hiding behind the anxiety excuse.

On 10/13/2017 at 3:07 AM, WilderWein said:

I actually think it's a terrifying situation to be in if you are even just a little shy and it is akward, it's different from performing on a stage.

Accurate. I'm an actor, but I have social anxiety, I hate rehashing old roles in intimate settings, but I love goofing off too music or other people's roles. 

On 13/10/2017 at 10:07 AM, Dark.Knight said:

But I'm sure she dedicates OIDIA to her fans nowadays:

I think I did it again
I made you believe I do more than lipsync
Oh, baby
It might seem like it's live
But it doesn't mean that I'm serious

'Cause to lose all my wardrobe
That is just so typically me
Oh, baby, baby

Oops!... I did it again
I played with your heart, got lost in the show