Are you sad that Perfume didn't take off?

Guest Diamond Horse

Guest Diamond Horse
1 minute ago, prettylittleliar_2214 said:

In a way yes but in a way no. I think Perfume was a necessary flop so we could get to Pretty Girls another flop to get everyone involved to wake up regarding her musical choices. 

And Make Me was so awesome :crying2: 

And even Slumber Party is kinda tasteful. Even though I am not sure if it had hit potential at all, looking back.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Diamond Horse said:

And Make Me was so awesome :crying2: 

And even Slumber Party is kinda tasteful. Even though I am not sure if it had hit potential at all, looking back.

I love Make Me so much. It's so majestic and very Britney. I still cannot accept that they waited that long to release Slumber Party with no promotion and a Tinashe collaboration. She's cool and respects Britney BUT that wasn't helpful to Britney at all. I really wanted it to be a collaboration with Rihanna. 

Guest Diamond Horse
1 hour ago, prettylittleliar_2214 said:

I love Make Me so much. It's so majestic and very Britney. I still cannot accept that they waited that long to release Slumber Party with no promotion and a Tinashe collaboration. She's cool and respects Britney BUT that wasn't helpful to Britney at all. I really wanted it to be a collaboration with Rihanna. 

Would Rihanna even want to collaborate with Britney nowadays?

• Super Mods
1 hour ago, prettylittleliar_2214 said:

Totally agree. I still have the same feelings I had when I first listen to Make Me. It's exactly what you said. Very majestic yet soothing, which is why I'm so bummed that the original video got scrapped because the visuals fit with the song so much. 

I was neither sad nor surprised it flopped. It's not a good song in my opinion. It sounds like britney trying to do sia. When other artists sing a sia song they try to sound like her too, with that weird accent. It's very sia specific and I didn't care for it, can barely stand it when sia does it herself. And compare it to everytime, it can't hold a candle to it.

Guest Diamond Horse
9 minutes ago, CrAzAY said:

I was neither sad nor surprised it flopped. It's not a good song in my opinion. It sounds like britney trying to do sia. When other artists sing a sia song they try to sound like her too, with that weird accent. It's very sia specific and I didn't care for it, can barely stand it when sia does it herself. And compare it to everytime, it can't hold a candle to it.

I still think that Britney makes it somewhat her own.

It makes me feel more sad tha fact she didn't do any justice to such moody song. It was her first ballad since Out from Under (and that's not even of hers) and even if we go back way before her last ballad before Perfume was Everytime and Shadow in 2003, can you believe it? 10 years. :tifftear:

At this point I don't care about charts that much. Im much more concerned about how ignored and left outthe soong was and her further projects might be if she continues this way.

It didnt deserved such poor treatment. It just didn't. :otears:

One night I was drunk af walking down the street with some guy listening to Perfume on my phone (lol), when some random girl walked at me to know who was singing

When I told her it was global pop sensation Britney Spears she was shook and told me she would listen to it :brit:

If the music video was incredible and she gave great live performances of it and it still didn't take off I would've been upset. But the music video was terrible (the edited version anyway) and she didn't promote it other then just walking around lip-syncing it at her Vegas show, so no, I can't really be upset about it. She does sound amazing on it in my opinion, but I don't really care for the song honestly.

I have to admit I was hyped prior to its release because it's a ballad and Sia wrote it. But seeing how she let WB die down with underwhelming promo and no performances, I wasn't expecting this one to do well in charts. I'm much more concerned with its original video tbh. :meltdown:

The Dreaming Mix should've been the official and ONLY version. The will.u.not one that was released as a single is garbage, the background doesn't fit the moodiness of the song at all. :nyschool:

Overall it was a bad single choice, but I think the Dreaming Mix would've done slightly better. It just has a more, relatable feel to it. I have a guy friend I worked with for years who's older in his 40's, his wife cheated on him years ago and when I played him the Dreaming Mix, he literally teared up a little bit at work. The original I don't think would have ever provoked that reaction, it's just too childish sounding. :decisions:

Neither version would have been a monster hit by any means, but the Dreaming Mix is truly a good, solid song that sounds like it's actually finished and polished. The garbage they sent to the radio deserved to flop. It's like listening to two totally different songs. Sorry about the long rant, I'm forever pressed about the situation with this track though!:sippinga:

Archived