D/L: State of Grace (Remastered)

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, Yukisenpi28 said:

Wow the sound difference is totally there! This track made me fall in love with Blackout when the Demos began to surface. I wish they had remastered versions of the others demos :o

I might try to do some more soon, Welcome to Me and Hooked On were heavily requested, but right now I'm focusing on the Glory remixes.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, I Always Sing Live said:

They shouldn't have changed the direction of Blackout. :awww: I'm assuming garbage songs like Piece of Me were added last minute to sell the album. Every single Blackout unreleased song is so ******* good, I still can't get over the fact that they never got released. :otears:

Piece of Me was actually the last song recorded. But the album wasn't any different prior to it's addition. Outta This World would probably be on the standard if POM didn't exist, don't expect some different album. :orangu: Britney shelved those ballads because she didn't want a sad record.

• Like 2
Just now, BoyToySoldier said:

Piece of Me was actually the last song recorded. But the album wasn't any different prior to it's addition. Outta This World would probably be on the standard if POM didn't exist, don't expect some different album. :orangu: Britney shelved those ballads because she didn't want a sad record.

Still can't get over it. The sound was definitely different. I mean, seriously, all the demos are either laid back ballads or R&B tracks. The released Blackout is way more upbeat. I mean I'm not denying that Britney made the decision to scrap those songs herself, considering she was the exec., but I'm sad she did. :awww:

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, I Always Sing Live said:

Still can't get over it. The sound was definitely different. I mean, seriously, all the demos are either laid back ballads or R&B tracks. The released Blackout is way more upbeat. I mean I'm not denying that Britney made the decision to scrap those songs herself, considering she was the exec., but I'm sad she did. :awww:

It's honestly a good thing she did. Both Britney and Blackout share the same crucial move. Both were released at the time the popular chart trend was fading out.

In 2001, teen pop was on it's way out. NSYNC was over, Justin went solo. Had Britney not released Slave and Boys, her career would have been a Katy Perry style flash in the pan. Everyone else was already shifting to urban pop, she was smart to follow along.

In 2007, urban pop was on it's way out in favor of the growing electropop trend. We were getting a lot of popular dance and europop inspired tracks in 2006 that started to shift the attention away from urban that was dominating the charts. Kylie Minogue was also set to make her comeback with X. Britney knew this and made the right move to scrap the more R&B and ballad cuts in favor of more synth and electro style ones. That is what distinguishes Blackout from not becoming a FutureSex/LoveSounds ripoff, a more European sound.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, I Always Sing Live said:

They shouldn't have changed the direction of Blackout. :awww: I'm assuming garbage songs like Piece of Me were added last minute to sell the album. Every single Blackout unreleased song is so ******* good, I still can't get over the fact that they never got released. :otears:

Piece of Me? GARBAGE?! HOW DARE YOU?! :triggered:

• Like 3
On 16/8/2017 at 3:03 PM, BoyToySoldier said:

It was originally recorded for In the Zone, during the same sessions as Breathe On Me with Mark Taylor. ;)

Britney loved this song a lot. It was set to be included on the Chaotic EP, but it was swapped for Over to You Now. Junkie XL then remixed the song for B In the Mix. :)

The audio on the last video is fake, someone messed up the junkie xl remix to make it sound like it was being recorded on a dance studio and mixed it with the "For My Sister" video.

5 minutes ago, CJMCH said:

The audio on the last video is fake, someone messed up the junkie xl remix to make it sound like it was being recorded on a dance studio and mixed it with the "For My Sister" video.

She wasn't dancing to Little Me. Look at her movements. She's swaying her hips and giving a sensual choreography. Why would she be doing that to a song about her little sister.

• Like 1
Just now, BoyToySoldier said:

She wasn't dancing to Little Me. Look at her movements. She's swaying her hips and giving a sensual choreography. Why would she be doing that to a song about her little sister.

OF course she wasn't dancing to Little Me, but that's not the original audio either. The and then we kiss audio is fake, someone made it at the time this video was released to try and pass it as "exclusive".

• Like 1
1 hour ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Britney knew this and made the right move to scrap the more R&B and ballad cuts in favor of more synth and electro style ones. That is what distinguishes Blackout from not becoming a FutureSex/LoveSounds ripoff, a more European sound.

Leave it to @BoyToySoldier to blow everyone out of the water. I can see why you have almost 29k reputation. I wouldn't see past the "I liked this, I wanted that" but you showed me. Thanks, Senpai! :howiroll:

• Like 2