TOP 5 | Britney Spears videography [ Result now ! ]

Rojo

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

Everytime was way too high. It's a nice song, but as a video, it's pretty horrible.

what?? :wyd::sofedup: it's one of her videos that has an actual storyline, one that even foreshadowed her future struggles. It's not horrible :staysalty:

3 hours ago, Silver_Nintendo said:

OMG so glad it got top 5! People often talk about Britney's dance-oriented videos (Toxic included considering how the lasers part is all choreographed), that I feel Everytime gets pushed aside a bit! Best storyline in her videos imo

This actually. I love Danceney but Emoteney also slays :tiffanynod:

On 09/08/2017 at 9:26 PM, ClarkKent said:

01. Toxic (215 pts)

02. I'm A Slave 4 U (111 pts)

03. Everytime (62 pts)

04. ...Baby One More Time / Circus (59 pts - ex æquo)

05. Stronger (60 pts)
06. Me Against The Music (55 pts)

07. Oops... I Did It Again / Womanizer ( 44 pts - ex æquo)

08. Work ***** / Slumber Party (33 pts - ex æquo)

09. Overprotected (The Darkchild Remix) (27 pts)

10. Hold It Against Me (25 pts)

:gaspney::clap1:SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GLAD no one forgot about Stronger, and Overprotected. She looks perfect in those, the visuals are a dream came true for fans (exept what she wore on her shoes for Overprotected rmx)

Honestly a bit sad for Born To Make You Happy cause her face while she sings at the bigining, with her short hair, she's soooo cute... 

Overprotected even without the rmx should have been here, I still know the choreo and moves of her body by heart. 

HIAM... WHAT ?:girlwhat: Product placement, no choreo, looks depressed... Is it ranked because we were desperate at the time ?

21 minutes ago, MissDarcy said:

HIAM... WHAT ?:girlwhat: Product placement, no choreo, looks depressed... Is it ranked because we were desperate at the time ?

I think it's ranked because if it hadn't been such a terrible era for Britney, the idea behind the video is solid, product placement or not. (Like all of her vids these days don't have that, though.) I mean, it's her story from the beginning of becoming a superstar, to coming back swinging. I considered voting for it myself based on that, but in the end I decided against it because it was still such a bad time and there are issues with the video itself.

Guest I Think I'm Ready Now
18 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

Everytime was way too high. It's a nice song, but as a video, it's pretty horrible.

It's the best video concept she ever had in her career :wtfdidusay: and the most personal one, because it predicted her whole breakdown :wtfdidusay:

10 hours ago, I Think I'm Ready Now said:

It's the best video concept she ever had in her career :wtfdidusay: and the most personal one, because it predicted her whole breakdown :wtfdidusay:

And that's why it became even worse with time. Why couldn't she predict a happy ending for her life instead?

I just think the song is too beautiful to have a video full of paparazzis, and Britney screaming and fighting with her boyfriend, and drowning on a bathtub and rushed to the hospital, and all those ugly scenes. The song is just so pure and sad and beautiful, it should've been something more artistic like the Someday video. The only parts that kinda save it are the ones with the white background, but even then her look is just so, simple and mundane, that I think it isn't up to the true Britney videos, like Oops, Toxic, Stronger, etc.

I get the concept, I get their intentions, it just results very ugly to me, and it's a video I can't enjoy when I watch it, because it's just the opposite of everything that the song evokes to me. The ABC performance, that's what it should've resembled instead, something beautiful, classy, artistic, not a mad Britney wearing a cap and objects being thrown in a hotel room.

14 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

And that's why it became even worse with time. Why couldn't she predict a happy ending for her life instead?

I just think the song is too beautiful to have a video full of paparazzis, and Britney screaming and fighting with her boyfriend, and drowning on a bathtub and rushed to the hospital, and all those ugly scenes. The song is just so pure and sad and beautiful, it should've been something more artistic like the Someday video. The only parts that kinda save it are the ones with the white background, but even then her look is just so, simple and mundane, that I think it isn't up to the true Britney videos, like Oops, Toxic, Stronger, etc.

I get the concept, I get their intentions, it just results very ugly to me, and it's a video I can't enjoy when I watch it, because it's just the opposite of everything that the song evokes to me. The ABC performance, that's what it should've resembled instead, something beautiful, classy, artistic, not a mad Britney wearing a cap and objects being thrown in a hotel room.

Ok but the video has a happy ending :calculating:

24 minutes ago, I Think I'm Ready Now said:

Ok but the video has a happy ending :calculating:

Only after she dies :girlwhat:

But even so, the rest of the video remains very unpleasant to look at. The fighting scenes, the closeups to the paparazzis, the whole place where the events occur. I don't know, I just don't like it. It simply isn't a beautiful video, aesthetically speaking. Still, I believe there are many other videos that are way worse.

8 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

Only after she dies :girlwhat:

But even so, the rest of the video remains very unpleasant to look at. The fighting scenes, the closeups to the paparazzis, the whole place where the events occur. I don't know, I just don't like it. It simply isn't a beautiful video, aesthetically speaking. Still, I believe there are many other videos that are way worse.

But I mean, if that's how she felt at the time, what's the problem about her expressing her feelings :tiffanynod:

The original concept was way darker

38 minutes ago, I Think I'm Ready Now said:

But I mean, if that's how she felt at the time, what's the problem about her expressing her feelings :tiffanynod:

The original concept was way darker

No, I get it, and I know that's what she wanted to express, and we see in the behind the scenes she was goofing around and everything. I just don't think the final result looks good.

Take Lucky for example, it's a sad story and all, but it has this more poppy look, with vivid colors, nice outfits, it's very pleasant to look at, at least for me. When I think of Everytime video, I just see in my mind a lump of white, black, gray and beige and a very ugly grayish green lol and I don't know, that's just ugly. It's the same with POM and that combination of orange, blue, black, yellow, it's just ugly, and coincidentally was the very same topic of paparazzis and media harassment. However, we have another video about the same theme, I Wanna Go, and that's totally different. With this combination of sky blue, white, gray, it just looks so clean and tidy, it really makes me wanna watch it again and again.

But independently of Everytime being good or bad, I genuinely and objectively think there are many other videos that are just better and deserved to be higher.

Archived