Why is Britney's image only being a **** pop star?

KatLove

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's like what she does though. She's not known for her vocals or her live singing. She's not even really known for dancing anymore. Or her personality. She's not a fully hands-on artist that's heavily involved in every aspect of her career. And she's not pushing an agenda or doing controversial things like Madonna. So - it's her image. She likes putting on those little leotards (no matter how ugly lol) and showing skin.

4 hours ago, $elfish said:

She has a lot more to offer she's just being lazy 

I think she isn't passionate about her career any more , the only reason she's probably still making music and performing just for money  it's been that way since 07/08

I agree. At this point, she is just fulfilling her recording contract. After the contract is up, I don't expect her to renew it or make new music really

34 minutes ago, KatLove said:

Its just that the *** image is so tiresome. You can be **** and mature at the same time with class as well. Sad she has to rely on her past so much.

Well Kat, she is not exactly doing anything else with her career. Everything has lagged behind with her. She has been making albums she is not passion about for about 6 years until Glory. She did not get a chance to grow as an artist since she had such a lack of control. At least in the beginning of her career, she was just a kid who was not fazed by this industry at all; just a small town girl trying to make her dreams come true. Now, she is a woman-child with a conservatorship.

She has a lot of freedom to grow and change as of late but it will take awhile because she is an adult now and old habits are hard to change at her age.

7 hours ago, sarahbbyy said:

Well Kat, she is not exactly doing anything else with her career. Everything has lagged behind with her. She has been making albums she is not passion about for about 6 years until Glory. She did not get a chance to grow as an artist since she had such a lack of control. At least in the beginning of her career, she was just a kid who was not fazed by this industry at all; just a small town girl trying to make her dreams come true. Now, she is a woman-child with a conservatorship.

She has a lot of freedom to grow and change as of late but it will take awhile because she is an adult now and old habits are hard to change at her age.

Very true.

Because she's a **** woman.

Imagine if instead of Work ***** she released Don't Cry as the lead single, followed by Brightest Morning Star and Passenger. Probably Alien too. No one is here for that, sadly, because it's another side of Britney that exists in her albums, and that is also really good, but just looked what happened with Perfume.

I don't have anything against it. When she was younger, everyone criticized how sexualized she was for her age, now that she's a grown woman, everybody thinks she's too old or that is already too boring or tiring that she keeps with that, so the thing is she never wins. Maybe we didn't get to see a "mature" and serious image on her music, but just look back at 2013 or 2014 during her interviews and appearances, she looked like her mom, or even older. Is that what ya'll wanted?

Being **** is in her nature and it's part of her act. I just think in recent years it haven't been done properly, but that's a constant in every aspect of her career nowadays. What I mean is with the proper outfits, proper makeup, the proper songs, she could be **** and fun and yet look classy and artistic. But then she comes up with her overly tanned skin that adds 10 extra years to her age, her three piece bikinis if they can be called so, or any other outfit that isn't flattering at all, her MM choreos that look like she's dancing to a remix instead of the slow song we're all listening to, it all subtracts to the quality of her performances, videos, or her overall image, and makes it look like she's trying too hard, or as you said, as if she was doing a really bad impression of her past self.

Back during FF era I thought that sexiness in her was gone, but after S&S she showed it still was there. I think she still has a long way to go, because we see she's trying, we see she's doing it but it feels as if she thinks she HAS TO be ****, so she tries, but it also seems as if she wasn't totally convinced that it's the right thing, even if it sounds as  joke now, it probably is because she's a mom now, her kids are more aware of what she does now, etc. Also having a couple really changes her attitude, it's as if she felt embarrassed to be **** with anyone other than her boyfriend. 2016 was the most confident she's been in years, and it was when she was single. As soon as she started her relationship with Sam, it all started to water down.

And as ironic as it sounds, I think if she tried to come up with a serious, non-**** image for her next single/era, it wouldn't feel natural either. It would also look like she's trying to be someone else, or trying to fool us, so I think she should just stick to her brand, otherwise she may fall to a strange place where she's in the middle of all the specters, trying to be something she's not. In any case, I think it would be fine just for a single or so, if she released more than two singles per album, just to show a different side of her, but without completely ditching the **** image from her act.

Yaaaas we need Adeleney! Arethaney! Even Barbraney! I mean a real Britney. I need VOCALS and true, soulful MUSIC about serious FEELINGS, not ***, hookups, dancing, applepies or freaking vegatables. Enough of these cheap albums full of fillers and several "bops" :lemmetellu:

Archived