Britney Spears’ “Do You Wanna Come Over” Gets A Slick Re-working From Remix Artist Nick*

Jordan Miller

• Leader
britney-do-you-wanna-come-over-remix-1.j

Kick off your week with a new Britney remix.

If you've been reading BreatheHeavy for a minute, you're probably familiar with remix artist Nick*'s work. He's unofficially devised some of Britney's best remixes over the years, including the pop star's latest release "Slumber Party" (listen to those here). The next Glory cut to get a sweltering re-working? Phantom single "Do You Wanna Come Over." Cause nobody. Should be alone if they don't have to be.

On it, a '90s house beat interpolates between stuttering synths and pulsating electro beats as Brit ponders the age old question: Netflix and chill?

"I wanted to do something fun with it and contrast the lush pre-chorus with a gritty thrashing of synths for the hook," Nick* tells BreatheHeavy.com. "I was saving this as a special gift for Britney fans."

The song is of 10 new remixes from Nick* as part of his 2017 Summer series playlist.

Listen below:

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

8 minutes ago, Dynasty said:

its amazing, nick never makes a bad remix tbh hes so good, dywco should've been a single 100% tbh :meltdown:

Nick's remixes are often better than the official ones. I hope one day he can officially remix Britney. I have always been a fan of Nick*. 

1 hour ago, DJSLAYZEE said:

It's such a summer song

It actually strikes me as more of a fall song.  To me, it has this dark, almost menacing vibe that doesn't mesh with summer.  'Change Your Mind' and 'Better' are the most summer-ish tracks on the album.  

Guest Diamond Horse

I can't edit my post to fix the errors, sadly

But all I wanna accentuate is that I really love the lyrics.

It can also be about the important parts of all relationships, for example: "I can set limitations."

Guest Diamond Horse

Of course I know it is just an ordinary *** song, that is one possible viewpoint. Still, there are shades/tones to every lyrics

Archived