Despite the scrapped Make Me... music video, I still want David LaChapelle to direct Britney's next lead music video. :)

Buslim

On 09/07/2017 at 2:20 AM, NotAPassenger said:

He won't, they won't. And tbh I don't care. His work is vastly overrated these days and the original Make Me looked like a ******* mess anyway. 

Neither potential video got the vibe of the song right, though the one we got was the closest.

Also please try and remember that we can't post videos/links/gifs/memes of the original video. 

Well, I just did. :tiffcackle: 

JK

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tbh original Make Me was nothing more than dancing and showing skin. A little bit like Womanizer. The original files that leakef had zero originality tho. Allthough it would have been a better video by far than the extended photoshoot we got as replacement:uknowit:

But david created masterpieces along the road, but Make Me seemed a bit easy but I guess this is because he already knew Brinny was gonna give em a hard time, I mean, Perfume had a GREAT concept and then Brinny and her team teared it down to the boring music video that is Perfume nowadays....I think he is more frustrated not being able to show the world his original plans than we are for having a shitty replacement....

22 hours ago, Million Billion said:

No, there's nothing but that picture of Britney holding a gun. But Joseph himself told he was asked to hand in all the material recorded so HER team was gonna edit the music video, so Joseph is just partially the director because her team ended up editing the final cut. 

Imagine a world where nothing was scrapped. Outrageous, perfume, make me, darker gimme more video, the risqué work ***** video...

imagine a world... :calculating:

5 hours ago, reecejwilson said:

Imagine a world where nothing was scrapped. Outrageous, perfume, make me, darker gimme more video, the risqué work ***** video...

imagine a world... :calculating:

It would be great as a fan because we would get amazing visuals but the media would destroy her and ONLY if she had a thick skin to not care of what her label/management/people say or think about her it wouldn't affect her.

That's what they did to Madonna yet she continued true to herself and that's why she delivered great iconic singles like Vogue, Like a prayer, Express yourself, Justify my love, etc. but we know Britney is not that way, so... :girlwhat:

On 7/7/2017 at 1:41 PM, BoyToySoldier said:

Remember she was "hanging out" with the young bald model from the video? They went out for sushi and he was snapchatting from her house.

And then after that there was a blind item about a popstar being "so embarrassed" that she had a one night stand with a model in her video, in which the day after he told everyone else on crew. :tiffcackle:

On 7/7/2017 at 1:47 PM, BoyToySoldier said:

:meltdown::meltdown::meltdown::meltdown:

Also who has the pic of Larry "it didnt work"

He will never work with her or her team again, they acted unprofessional and used him.

To all the people who say the video looked bad, it was not done, the red paint scene for instance would have been fixed in post production. Similar to toxic. Or Mystique in x-men. Who knows if her nipples would really show, in post production she could have looked totally different, like a shining goddess. We will never know the real vision he had, we saw leaked unedited clips with time stamps still on them. Clearly in pre-production. 

The video looked amazing but after having the biggest meltdown ever :britdrown: I came to my senses and I don't think the video really went with the song. It was for sure going to be controversial but it didn't fit the god-like theme of the album nor the song. Who knows what happened? There are so many rumors... some blaming David, others Britney, other rumors blaming the label. We might never know for sure what really went down, but  whatever the case might be I sadly think he won't ever want to work with her again. I wish we at least got a mature version of the childish video we ended up getting but meh, what happened happened and she delivered on Slumber Party so hopefully next era we get mature Britney without the need to create controversy. She doesn't need it and I think she stopped being that person a long time ago. 

Archived