Flashback - Britney Denies Lipping Her Crazy 2k Tour: "I'm singing every song. I'm singing my *** off."

Guest Arckangel

Guest Arckangel

Year 2000: "I'm singing every song. I'm singing my *** off."

Year 2017:  “I am busting my *** out there and singing at the same time.”

Guess our Queen has come full circle!

Here's a full footage of the (You Drive Me) Crazy Tour also known as Crazy 2K Tour . Even this tour, though fully live, was plagued with accusations of lip-synching:

"During the tour, accusations of lip-synching arose. Spears talked to Rolling Stone about the accusations, saying:

"There's a delay in the screen above me, so if you listen to the music and watch the screen, they don't sync up. I think that confuses people. But I'm singing every song. I'm singing my *** off. [...] There are times during the show, when I'm dancing so much, where I get out of breath, and we have a signal where I'm dying and they'll help me out. Believe me, I'd give anything to do a show where I just sit there and sing."

Another footage (may have dubbed parts):

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Arckangel

Full 2017 quote: “I’m glad you’re addressing this question,” Britney said, “because it’s really funny – a lot of people think that I don’t sing live... Because I’m dancing so much I do have a little bit of playback, but there’s a mixture of my voice and the playback. It really pisses me off because I am busting my *** out there and singing at the same time and nobody ever really gives me credit for it.”

Back then?  She had reason to mime.  Her dancing was on par with her dancers, she was constantly moving.  Back then everything was overexaggerated lol

Now?  Not so much.  Bending your knees and whipping your hair is not dancing, neither is that small "choreography" break that plagues the show once or twice every song for about 7 seconds a piece.

1 minute ago, Arckangel said:

Full 2017 quote: “I’m glad you’re addressing this question,” Britney said, “because it’s really funny – a lot of people think that I don’t sing live... Because I’m dancing so much I do have a little bit of playback, but there’s a mixture of my voice and the playback. It really pisses me off because I am busting my *** out there and singing at the same time and nobody ever really gives me credit for it.”

I'm pretty sure she's singing sometimes behind the album vocals, but I'm also pretty sure that she knows those vocals are playing and she sometimes relies on them. 

39 minutes ago, Arckangel said:

".... Believe me, I'd give anything to do a show where I just sit there and sing."

I'd given anything for that too.  I'd much rather her just sing since her voice is so soulful and so strong now.  She needs to ditch her team ASAP and go independent so she can have full creative control. :slayney:

Guest Arckangel
10 minutes ago, jennyj said:

I'd given anything for that too.  I'd much rather her just sing since her voice is so soulful and so strong now.  She needs to ditch her team ASAP and go independent so she can have full creative control. :slayney:

I'm afraid, under conservatorship. she may not.

Guest Arckangel
23 hours ago, jennyj said:

The thing is, she could do that at any time. Really! I don't think her team would object to that. She could, on her free time, organize an intimate/acoustic type of show (like Madonna's Tears of a Clown) and just... Sing! I highly doubt there is a clause in her contract saying she just cannot sing live. She always could. ...Baby One More Time and Crazy 2k were mostly live (sounds like her mic was always on).

Guest Arckangel
23 hours ago, CashmereCat said:

I loved this tour. :crying11: 

I just re-watched it, and God... The magic was so much stronger back then. The last number, ...Baby One More Time, literally gave me goose bumps and had me in tears! lol

On 7/1/2017 at 4:55 PM, CashmereCat said:

Back then?  She had reason to mime.  Her dancing was on par with her dancers, she was constantly moving.  Back then everything was overexaggerated lol

Now?  Not so much.  Bending your knees and whipping your hair is not dancing, neither is that small "choreography" break that plagues the show once or twice every song for about 7 seconds a piece.

it's crazy how the crazy 2k tour only had 9 songs and it the show is almost as long as POM

On 2017-7-1 at 9:55 PM, CashmereCat said:

Sis, you clearly don't know how exhausting it is to ruffle your hair every 5 seconds :tiffcackle:

Guest Arckangel
24 minutes ago, Dark.Knight said:

it's crazy how the crazy 2k tour only had 9 songs and it the show is almost as long as POM

Yeah. That's because of the performance introduction, the two dance interludes and the two performances interludes. I guess it made the show even more dance-oriented. The ...Baby One More Time Tour had 10 songs + the '80s Medley (of three songs).

The difference between THIS Britney and the POM Britney it's CRAZY, you can see that she used to have some little 'walks' in her Primeney days but the difference is that she DANCED and she did it right, the POM Britney just does cringe-worthy moves and hair flips.

**** she wasn't from this planet.

She did try to sing live, although yeah with a lot of help.

Her dancing routines are stuff from legends.

The performances and choreos were really well designed too, but it was mostly her being the shining star on the stage.

I miss those days. :crying4:

Archived