Why do we act like Lazy-ney is a new thing?

I know what u mean!! I figured out what it is cause she doesn't dance any differently really (watching gimme more/break the ice from Vegas... she can still move amazingly when she tries) 

what's missing is her feircness ... the feice look in her face. Her eyes and face expressions gave it fierceness which she doesn't do now unfortunately :(

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Wayne said:

I know what u mean!! I figured out what it is cause she doesn't dance any differently really (watching gimme more/break the ice from Vegas... she can still move amazingly when she tries) 

what's missing is her feircness ... the feice look in her face. Her eyes and face expressions gave it fierceness which she doesn't do now unfortunately :(

also her rhythm is kinda lacking it's like she keeps couting the steps instead of having fun.

19 hours ago, danny1994 said:

Every performer has lazy moments. The issue is that Primeney’s lazy moments are better than currentney’s best moments.

More like "Every performer has lazy moments. The issue is that Primeney's lazy moments are better than currentney's, and most of the artists on the scene, best moments. ;) 

1 hour ago, BraveNewSeth said:

The difference is, Britney in her prime new that when she was being televised, she really had to bring it. Nowadays she's lazy whether she's being filmed or not.

To be fair, her televised performances from the Award shows last year were actually pretty good.  So I think if she were to go on more televised settings like she used, it would help her.

1 hour ago, BraveNewSeth said:

The difference is, Britney in her prime new that when she was being televised, she really had to bring it. Nowadays she's lazy whether she's being filmed or not.

You can look up date performances and it isn't bad in her prime. The only performance I hate from her prime is the DLMBTLTK DWAD one with the pitched weird vocals. Other than that I can't think of any. Even dates I've seen nontelevised.

Now I can only name two I actually like in the span of a regency for four years and three eras. 

26 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

You can look up date performances and it isn't bad in her prime. The only performance I hate from her prime is the DLMBTLTK DWAD one with the pitched weird vocals. Other than that I can't think of any. Even dates I've seen nontelevised.

Now I can only name two I actually like in the span of a regency for four years and three eras. 

Really? I've seen several fan videos of Britney's tours from her prime that haven't impressed me. Where she's kinda half assing dance moves or lip-syncing ballads. But at least back then it's understandable; she was dancing her *** off. Nowadays there's no reason for her to not be singing live if all she's doing is flapping her arms around and doing hair flips.

1 minute ago, BraveNewSeth said:

Really? I've seen several fan videos of Britney's tours from her prime that haven't impressed me. Where she's kinda half assing dance moves or lip-syncing ballads. But at least back then it's understandable; she was dancing her *** off. Nowadays there's no reason for her to not be singing live if all she's doing is flapping her arms around and doing hair flips.

She has lipped a lot of her ballads. That isn't lazy in my mind because she delivered on everything else. 

I agree though now there is no reason she doesn't sing along 

22 hours ago, Hypnotherapy said:

Ok here's the thing. Yes, Britney always lipsynched more than she should have (especially ballads), her performances weren't 100% all out dancing, even OHT performances had a lot of waking and posing etc of course she had a team picking out outfits and directing her and she stuck to a script etc 

The difference is she has obvious passion. She talked in depth about her songs and music. She released an album and took those songs to the stage in different and exciting ways. She pushed visual boundaries. She seemed like she really cared about her craft and was excited about creating and bringing that to the world. When she said she loved dancing she meant it. Yeah she never could dance all out like a professional dancer and had plenty of 'down time' during performances, but overall she was an exceptionally polished performer.

Since 2007 so much of her performances have just been underwhelming. Things have been toned down do the most basic level and she has become so careless that her shows now have zero live singing, no good costumes, the production and visuals are basic, the dancing is very often half assed and she goes on stage with her hair, makeup and costumes looking pretty crap.

Yes she looks amazing, her confidence is at a decade long high and her music is good albeit nothing new or 'real'. We get genuinely excited when she doesn't act repulsed by a fan interaction, says more than 'cool' in a radio interview or does an extra twirl here or there.

There was a glimmer of that passion when POM 2.0 started or the mannequin reversal video or in the early Glory days when she talked about it being her baby etc but honestly Britney hasn't consistently progressed or stepped outside a comfort zone in 13 years and that's why she has lost huge amounts of her following.

I'm happy she's happy, but I understand why that's not enough for most people. Yes she wasn't the flawless star some stans think she was in retrospect, but her attitude and care to her work was 100 times better back then.

TLDR: Lazyney might not be a new thing, but Lazyney 99% of the time definitely is :forkit:

Xxi2Wm.gif

Archived