Why do we act like Lazy-ney is a new thing?

I came across this video which features a number of differents dates from Onyx, of the ''The Hook Up'' dancebreak and you can see she does a lot of the same movements she does now. (hands over her head, hands on her hips). As much as Britney slayed her performances, she did have the benefit of editing in her televised performances!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

I came across this video which features a number of differents dates from Onyx, of the ''The Hook Up'' dancebreak and you can see she does a lot of the same movements she does now. (hands over her head, hands on her hips). As much as Britney slayed her performances, she did have the benefit of editing in her televised performances!

"Editing" her taped performances?

DON'T. EVEN.

Image result for britney shhh gif

1 minute ago, cheri said:

criticizing britney in her prime isn't going to make parody of me look any better, sorry :weusay:

Oh don't get me wrong, the POM show at the moment is a mess. It has its moments, but as a show....its had its day to say the least. She brought it in mid mid-late 2015 through to 2016 and the revamp, and has had moments here and there, but over all Onyx was obviously more consistent. I'm not gonna defend Pom for what its not.

I'm just pointing out that a lot of the slightly stiff mannerisms, that only notice now thanks to messy production, staging and choreo, were always there, when she doens't know what she's to do to fill in a beat. 

Also, some of these performances are slightly lacking than others!

Kween of jumping :letitburn:

Please don't compare Primeney with POMney. World apart. The music FLOWS through Primeney's body like she's feeling every fukking second of the beat and song. POMney wants to fiddle with her hair every 2 seconds to cover up the complete lack of content in her choreo. 

Currently is looking closer to Primeney than she has in a decade though so I'm happy for that :ahhh:

Just now, TemptedBoy said:

THIS. :plzney:

Wow, trying to bash Primeney to make Currentney look somewhat decent.

That's a new low, even for Britards. Damn.:ehno:

did you see my post to Cheri? I'm not being Britarded, I'm just pointing out a lot of the mannerisms we've only noticed over the past two years have always been there, its just we've had messy choreography and staging which only made them more noticable!

Ok here's the thing. Yes, Britney always lipsynched more than she should have (especially ballads), her performances weren't 100% all out dancing, even OHT performances had a lot of waking and posing etc of course she had a team picking out outfits and directing her and she stuck to a script etc 

The difference is she has obvious passion. She talked in depth about her songs and music. She released an album and took those songs to the stage in different and exciting ways. She pushed visual boundaries. She seemed like she really cared about her craft and was excited about creating and bringing that to the world. When she said she loved dancing she meant it. Yeah she never could dance all out like a professional dancer and had plenty of 'down time' during performances, but overall she was an exceptionally polished performer.

Since 2007 so much of her performances have just been underwhelming. Things have been toned down do the most basic level and she has become so careless that her shows now have zero live singing, no good costumes, the production and visuals are basic, the dancing is very often half assed and she goes on stage with her hair, makeup and costumes looking pretty crap.

Yes she looks amazing, her confidence is at a decade long high and her music is good albeit nothing new or 'real'. We get genuinely excited when she doesn't act repulsed by a fan interaction, says more than 'cool' in a radio interview or does an extra twirl here or there.

There was a glimmer of that passion when POM 2.0 started or the mannequin reversal video or in the early Glory days when she talked about it being her baby etc but honestly Britney hasn't consistently progressed or stepped outside a comfort zone in 13 years and that's why she has lost huge amounts of her following.

I'm happy she's happy, but I understand why that's not enough for most people. Yes she wasn't the flawless star some stans think she was in retrospect, but her attitude and care to her work was 100 times better back then.

TLDR: Lazyney might not be a new thing, but Lazyney 99% of the time definitely is :forkit:

1 minute ago, Hypnotherapy said:

Ok here's the thing. Yes, Britney always lipsynched (even ballads), her performances weren't 100% all out dancing, even OHT performances had a lot of waking and posing etc of course she had a team picking out outfits and directing her and she stuck to a script etc 

The difference is she has obvious passion. She talked in depth about her songs and music. She released an album and took those songs to the stage in different and exciting ways. She pushed visual boundaries. She seemed like she really cared about her craft and was excited about creating and bringing that to the world.

Since 2007 so much of her performances have just been underwhelming. Things have been toned down and she has become so careless that her shows now have zero live singing, no good costumes, the production and visuals are basic, the dancing is very often half assed and she goes on stage with her hair, makeup and costumes looking pretty crap.

Yes she looks amazing, her confidence is at a decade long high and her music is good albeit nothing new or 'real'. We get genuinely excited when she doesn't act repulsed by a fan interaction, says more than 'cool' in a radio interview or does an extra twirl here or there.

There was a glimmer of that passion when POM 2.0 started or the mannequin reversal video etc but honestly Britney hasn't consistently progressed or stepped outside a comfort zone in 13 years and that's why she has lost huge amounts of her following.

I'm happy she's happy, but I understand why that's not enough for most people. Yes she wasn't the flawless star some stans think she was in retrospect, but her attitude and care to her work was 100 times better back then.

Oh I agree with most of this. I do think that she has struggled with anxiety and needed to be pushed out of her comfort zone, which pom did and why 2015 and 2016 gave us some incredible moments, and helped her know that she can deliver when she wants to, but is utterly bored of pom and no intention of changing that until its gone. 

I just posted this to show that a lot of the mannerisms we've only noticed over the past two years have always been there, but we only notice them because everything else is lacking.

2 minutes ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

Oh I agree with most of this. I do think that she has struggled with anxiety and needed to be pushed out of her comfort zone, which pom did and why 2015 and 2016 gave us some incredible moments, and helped her know that she can deliver when she wants to, but is utterly bored of pom and no intention of changing that until its gone. 

I just posted this to show that a lot of the mannerisms we've only noticed over the past two years have always been there, but we only notice them because everything else is lacking.

Thing is, she should always want to. She should never be bored because she can call a rehearsal at any time. Hell she could try singing a line or two of even a ballad live to see if that makes things more exciting.

The awkwardness you're pointing out is different, that's just a performer filling in the gaps until a dance real comes up. Britney'a current awkwardness is a lack of caring and trying. She simply shouldn't be fixing her hair 100 times a song or fluffing the already basic choreo she has. It's carelessness, not boredom.

The fact she has a run of good shows during Brunetteney and  pom2.0ney is even worse. That should be the bare minimum we expect. So much of the routines are absolutely terrible and she cut out a few of the only good ones herself. Changing the BTI routine, easily her beat since 2004 is just plain sad. Even during work *****, which is a good routine, she hasn't done the 'Don't mean to trouble ya/bubbler' and final chorus choreo right since 2014. 

But I do agree that people she did have not great acts/moments in her prime and she suffers more now because of the lack of everything else, but I firmly believe it's her who is making it so shitty.

I mean you tried it. 

Listen, primeney was FEELIN it. Primeney could make any dance move look epic, anything. Probably even that dumb as hell knee tap.

I get why people want currentey to be up to primeney par (I pray for the day myself), you want to live it like some of us got to back in the day. But so far she hasn't gotten there yet. We can't just pretend she has. I mean she doesn't even seem to have balance anymore, she's always lookin at the floor and mis-stepping. 

:nyheadache: I'm gonna stop there before I get into a mad rant.

Thing is, she should always want to. She should never be bored because she can call a rehearsal at any time. Hell she could try singing a line or two of even a ballad live to see if that makes things more exciting.

The awkwardness you're pointing out is different, that's just a performer filling in the gaps until a dance real comes up. Britney'a current awkwardness is a lack of caring and trying. She simply shouldn't be fixing her hair 100 times a song or fluffing the already basic choreo she has. It's carelessness, not boredom.

The fact she has a run of good shows during Brunetteney and  pom2.0ney is even worse. That should be the bare minimum we expect. So much of the routines are absolutely terrible and she cut out a few of the only good ones herself. Changing the BTI routine, easily her beat since 2004 is just plain sad. Even during work *****, which is a good routine, she hasn't done the 'Don't mean to trouble ya/bubbler' and final chorus choreo right since 2014. 

But I do agree that people she did have not great acts/moments in her prime and she suffers more now because of the lack of everything else, but I firmly believe it's her who is making it so shitty.

I agree with all this. I see very little flaw in primeney though. 

It kills me even more that they keep saying they are focusing on the live performances. You mean just easy money... 

Because putting work would mean improving and reinventing which I don't see. Which shows their current state of mind still which equals no respect for b10 imo

Are they gonna just continue selling the GH forever now? How can you sell an album tour if you don't put work into making the album a hit. Three flop eras if they do the same way for b10 as they did for BJ and Glory.,..

Guest I Think I'm Ready Now

:orangu:

Onyxney  was feeling the music, had charisma and stage presence, she was a real performer and entertainer

No comparison with Pomney 

1 minute ago, Spearsfan said:

I agree with all this. I see very little flaw in primeney though. 

It kills me even more that they keep saying they are focusing on the live performances. You mean just easy money... 

Because putting work would mean improving and reinventing which I don't see. Which shows their current state of mind still which equals no respect for b10 imo

Are they gonna just continue selling the GH forever now? How can you sell an album tour if you don't put work into making the album a hit. Three flop eras if they do the same way for b10 as they did for BJ and Glory.,..

Flaws is a strong word. Like it's a fact she didn't sing love much and had walkney performances and came off as a puppet sometimes, but my point is the fact she was such a polished artist/performancer 90% of the time she was still able to capture such a large audience whereas now she's good 10% of the time.

Yeah I was actually excited about Vegas when it started when she and her team talked about changing it up every 3 months :squintney:

Flaws is a strong word. Like it's a fact she didn't sing love much and had walkney performances and came off as a puppet sometimes, but my point is the fact she was such a polished artist/performancer 90% of the time she was still able to capture such a large audience whereas now she's good 10% of the time.

Yeah I was actually excited about Vegas when it started when she and her team talked about changing it up every 3 months :squintney:

We know how reliable they are with their live singing comments. 

Her performances and production was so good we were distracted by Britney herself from the fact she wasn't live singing. Now there is nothing to focus on because everything is bad most of the time. I'm shocked with all these new artists that ppl still will pay to see her. She always acts embarrassed by her past but if that didn't exist she would have nothing. 

I was excited for the first years but than they stopped caring about the music and got really really lazy. 

Archived