Why do we act like Lazy-ney is a new thing?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Spearsfan said:

We know how reliable they are with their live singing comments. 

Her performances and production was so good we were distracted by Britney herself from the fact she wasn't live singing. Now there is nothing to focus on because everything is bad most of the time. I'm shocked with all these new artists that ppl still will pay to see her. She always acts embarrassed by her past but if that didn't exist she would have nothing. 

I was excited for the first years but than they stopped caring about the music and got really really lazy. 

I really feel for the people that have to say the 'live singing' comments. They're stuck between a rock and a hard place imo. I realize a lot of people might reply to this post with a comment like: "Well, Britney needs to open her mouth up and actually let that 'live singing' come out of her mouth." But that's not going to happen. What can one do or say when put on the spot? "Nah, she's gonna lip to 20 year old audio.  Just save up your money and come to the show anyway!" It's just awkward as hell no matter the direction they turn in. I guess in their mind it's easier for the cat to come out of the bag after the fact instead of them letting it out right from the get go.

2 hours ago, Hypnotherapy said:

Ok here's the thing. Yes, Britney always lipsynched more than she should have (especially ballads), her performances weren't 100% all out dancing, even OHT performances had a lot of waking and posing etc of course she had a team picking out outfits and directing her and she stuck to a script etc 

The difference is she has obvious passion. She talked in depth about her songs and music. She released an album and took those songs to the stage in different and exciting ways. She pushed visual boundaries. She seemed like she really cared about her craft and was excited about creating and bringing that to the world. When she said she loved dancing she meant it. Yeah she never could dance all out like a professional dancer and had plenty of 'down time' during performances, but overall she was an exceptionally polished performer.

Since 2007 so much of her performances have just been underwhelming. Things have been toned down do the most basic level and she has become so careless that her shows now have zero live singing, no good costumes, the production and visuals are basic, the dancing is very often half assed and she goes on stage with her hair, makeup and costumes looking pretty crap.

Yes she looks amazing, her confidence is at a decade long high and her music is good albeit nothing new or 'real'. We get genuinely excited when she doesn't act repulsed by a fan interaction, says more than 'cool' in a radio interview or does an extra twirl here or there.

There was a glimmer of that passion when POM 2.0 started or the mannequin reversal video or in the early Glory days when she talked about it being her baby etc but honestly Britney hasn't consistently progressed or stepped outside a comfort zone in 13 years and that's why she has lost huge amounts of her following.

I'm happy she's happy, but I understand why that's not enough for most people. Yes she wasn't the flawless star some stans think she was in retrospect, but her attitude and care to her work was 100 times better back then.

TLDR: Lazyney might not be a new thing, but Lazyney 99% of the time definitely is :forkit:

Preach. Standards seem to be getting lower and lower

48 minutes ago, really really cool guy said:

what did you try to do with this thread? :weirdmeout:

I just wanted to point out that a lot of Britney's filler moves (like puting her arms above her head, or on her hips and moving them) that we called ''Lazy-ney'' have always been there. The big difference is that she used to be far more consistent, and there was more effort put into the choreo and staging, which is why we didn't notice them before: because everything else was near perfection. Now we see them because nothing else is able to distract from them.

Not saying ''POM is better than Onyx'' but pointing out that they were always there.

41 minutes ago, glitterfalls said:

I really feel for the people that have to say the 'live singing' comments. They're stuck between a rock and a hard place imo. I realize a lot of people might reply to this post with a comment like: "Well, Britney needs to open her mouth up and actually let that 'live singing' come out of her mouth." But that's not going to happen. What can one do or say when put on the spot? "Nah, she's gonna lip to 20 year old audio.  Just save up your money and come to the show anyway!" It's just awkward as hell no matter the direction they turn in. I guess in their mind it's easier for the cat to come out of the bag after the fact instead of them letting it out right from the get go.

By saying she always sings live is straight lie though, She could have avoided the question all together and talked about the  production of the show or something. 

9 hours ago, Hypnotherapy said:

Ok here's the thing. Yes, Britney always lipsynched more than she should have (especially ballads), her performances weren't 100% all out dancing, even OHT performances had a lot of waking and posing etc of course she had a team picking out outfits and directing her and she stuck to a script etc 

The difference is she has obvious passion. She talked in depth about her songs and music. She released an album and took those songs to the stage in different and exciting ways. She pushed visual boundaries. She seemed like she really cared about her craft and was excited about creating and bringing that to the world. When she said she loved dancing she meant it. Yeah she never could dance all out like a professional dancer and had plenty of 'down time' during performances, but overall she was an exceptionally polished performer.

Since 2007 so much of her performances have just been underwhelming. Things have been toned down do the most basic level and she has become so careless that her shows now have zero live singing, no good costumes, the production and visuals are basic, the dancing is very often half assed and she goes on stage with her hair, makeup and costumes looking pretty crap.

Yes she looks amazing, her confidence is at a decade long high and her music is good albeit nothing new or 'real'. We get genuinely excited when she doesn't act repulsed by a fan interaction, says more than 'cool' in a radio interview or does an extra twirl here or there.

There was a glimmer of that passion when POM 2.0 started or the mannequin reversal video or in the early Glory days when she talked about it being her baby etc but honestly Britney hasn't consistently progressed or stepped outside a comfort zone in 13 years and that's why she has lost huge amounts of her following.

I'm happy she's happy, but I understand why that's not enough for most people. Yes she wasn't the flawless star some stans think she was in retrospect, but her attitude and care to her work was 100 times better back then.

TLDR: Lazyney might not be a new thing, but Lazyney 99% of the time definitely is :forkit:

tumblr_oq2t03TX1t1tpe64to1_r3_540.gif

9 hours ago, britbitch94 said:

We all know the effort is nonexistent at this point. All Britney is doing is TAPPING HER KNEE ALL THE WAY TO THE BANK

yeah, she doesn't do anything that every one of us can't do...like really 

that's why she needs to sing (which will never happen) 

13 hours ago, CrAzAY said:

I mean you tried it. 

Listen, primeney was FEELIN it. Primeney could make any dance move look epic, anything. Probably even that dumb as hell knee tap.

I get why people want currentey to be up to primeney par (I pray for the day myself), you want to live it like some of us got to back in the day. But so far she hasn't gotten there yet. We can't just pretend she has. I mean she doesn't even seem to have balance anymore, she's always lookin at the floor and mis-stepping. 

:nyheadache: I'm gonna stop there before I get into a mad rant.

THIS. The difference is that primeney is feeling it! Also she is feeling the rythm and is on beat. POMney is dead in the eyes when she perform, and when she freestyle it looks like she has a seizure

12 hours ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

I just wanted to point out that a lot of Britney's filler moves (like puting her arms above her head, or on her hips and moving them) that we called ''Lazy-ney'' have always been there. The big difference is that she used to be far more consistent, and there was more effort put into the choreo and staging, which is why we didn't notice them before: because everything else was near perfection. Now we see them because nothing else is able to distract from them.

Not saying ''POM is better than Onyx'' but pointing out that they were always there.

But weren't they part of this Hook Up choreo? When she does them now it's completely unrelated to the moves or the vibe in that moment. In the OHT she was really in the moment and present, she was natural.

Where she is now is a million miles away from then, truly like a different person. She looks stunning in jeans/crop tops and has a figure millions would dream of, but on stage in those cheap 'things' she looks out of shape and washed up - how is that allowed?? By her or anyone around her?

Everything now is so so bad. She won't sing a note live, she won't speak the speaking parts of songs which would make a huge difference, she can't or WON'T perform the choreography properly, she has horrendous mannerisms now that actually give me anxiety to the point where I can only watch 10 seconds of it. She goes from a knee bend, a head tilt, a hair touch to a butt grab - repeat ad nauseum.  I wouldn't even go to a free concert the way she's performing at the moment because it makes me uneasy.

Why do I keep watching? Why am I here? It's madness isn't it!!! I don't know.

It's very frustrating seeing her potential being disregarded, it's awful really to see someone be so lazy and money hungry. I suppose I just hope she can do what she's capable of one day.

Sorry for long post, just been thinking about it after watching these newest videos. 

Archived