Question: Do you guys think Britney should've gotten the chance to say a speech when she received the Billboard Millenium Award?

Buslim

I still remember the day of the BBMA 2016 like it was yesterday. She walked the red carpet, then opened the awards with a medley of her hits. Of course, I was still expecting her to receive the award on stage and give her speech after. But nothing happened. Do you guys think they should've given her a portion of the show to receive the award or did you feel that she already had too much airtime for her performance?

britney-spears-2016-billboard-music-awar

The GP could've seen how flawless she looked with this dress!!! Oh well, at least she slayed her performance. :)

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess they gave her the time slot and she chose to perform for the whole time instead

she probably wouldn't have said much so i'm good with it. i do wish that someone would have walked on stage and have given her the award, even if she didn't say anything

Just now, Dark.Knight said:

I guess they gave her the time slot and she chose to perform for the whole time instead

she probably wouldn't have said much so i'm good with it. i do wish that someone would have walked on stage and have given her the award, even if she didn't say anything

True. Like when Beyoncé performed, then received the award afterwards. :/

Um, of course she would have had an opportunity.

However, she clearly chose not to. She really thinks very low of herself when it comes to her career. She's kinda always been very humble but after 2007 she's just tried to attract as least attention as possible. I feel like she's so scared of embarassing herself again and getting backlash, that's why her performances and almost everything in general has been on the safe side.

I mean you can see it in her face everytime someone's calling her legendary or referring to her high status as the pop princess, she's acting like a teenager embarassed by her mom bragging about her accomplishments.

:overwhelm:

Tbh I feel like we would have had exactly the same speech as usual:

"Awwww thank you that's so coool! I didn't expect this! (yeah even though she knew it since the beginning of the year that would have been what would have come out of her mouth tbh). Thank you to all my fans, I love you"

Oh and almost forgot "Buy glory pls" 

No just kidding #NoPromotionOnly.

4 hours ago, Buslim said:

I still remember the day of the BBMA 2016 like it was yesterday. She walked the red carpet, then opened the awards with a medley of her hits. Of course, I was still expecting her to receive the award on stage and give her speech after. But nothing happened. Do you guys think they should've given her a portion of the show to receive the award or did you feel that she already had too much airtime for her performance?

britney-spears-2016-billboard-music-awar

The GP could've seen how flawless she looked with this dress!!! Oh well, at least she slayed her performance. :)

Honestly these pictures remind me of Trisha Paytas if she were much thinner and didnt have the overdone lips.

5 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

However, she clearly chose not to. She really thinks very low of herself when it comes to her career. She's kinda always been very humble but after 2007 she's just tried to attract as least attention as possible. I feel like she's so scared of embarassing herself again and getting backlash, that's why her performances and almost everything in general has been on the safe side.

I think this might be the case, and just decided that if she didn't absolutely have to accept an award, and could just perform her thing and then chill for the rest of the show, she prefered to do that.

I think she feels like obviously she loves her songs and the stuff that she did in her career so far, but thinks that she's just not as talented as her peers (madonna, beyonce, mariah, christina, Gaga, rihanna) and feels very uncomfortable when people put her up on a pedestal. She just wants to put up a fun show and do fun songs, she's not aspiring greatness or exceptional artistry.

6 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

She really thinks very low of herself when it comes to her career. She's kinda always been very humble but after 2007 she's just tried to attract as least attention as possible. I feel like she's so scared of embarassing herself again and getting backlash, that's why her performances and almost everything in general has been on the safe side.

I mean you can see it in her face everytime someone's calling her legendary or referring to her high status as the pop princess, she's acting like a teenager embarassed by her mom bragging about her accomplishments.

THIS TO THE MUSIC HEAVENS

Makes me sad :(

7 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

:overwhelm:

Yeah, you're so right she's so afraid something will go wrong or she'll start some kind of controversy so she keeps things safe and brief.......it's sad but I get it. 

I don't want to be mean, but Britney's speeches are always bland and generic. I rather see her performing.

At the 2008 VMAs she had a change to speak from her heart and make huge impact with her speech after her breakdown and she chose to not do it. She should've won so many VMAs before, it kinda pisses me off that she is not more outspoken about the things she deserves.

Archived