So how many comebacks has Britney had by now?

Mr. Lucky

No seriously, how many? :squintney:

l2SpV9OZwkJrvBMvm.gif

Is there really gonna be a 3rd single?

Is she really gonna sing live?

Will the dancing improve or we still stuck with baby-steps?

What's the cool and faded collabo?

Should we still compare Britney with her former peers, like Beyonka?

Image result for britneyinterview  2016 gif

Should we still be hyping things or believing there are surprises on the way, or new fabulous desert performances coming? 

Maybe not. :weirdmeout:

It is what it is. If Britney's happy with the status quo, we should be happy too.  

It's probably for the best. Image result for britneyinterview  2016 gif

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, sue the expectional earner said:

it's 2009 the real one

I agree. The GP just call it a ''comeback'' everytime Britney does something new, as they are probably used to 1999-2004 when she was everywhere all the time. Now that she takes like 3 years to put a new album together, they call it ''her comeback''. Even though it lasts for 2 weeks, just like Glory era.

I feel like she should have an album titled "Comeback Girl" Or atleast a song. She could push out a turd on the toilet and ppl would go "Wow! what a comeback" :orangu:

5 minutes ago, Daxx said:

I agree. The GP just call it a ''comeback'' everytime Britney does something new, as they are probably used to 1999-2004 when she was everywhere all the time. Now that she takes like 3 years to put a new album together, they call it ''her comeback''. Even though it lasts for 2 weeks, just like Glory era.

This makes sense, good point :forkit:

3 minutes ago, (IDont)KnowU said:

I feel like she should have an album titled "Comeback Girl" Or atleast a song. She could push out a turd on the toilet and ppl would go "Wow! what a comeback" :orangu:

LOL whut? :ponderney:

I'm really confused by this thread, because what you're saying doesn't really make any sense.

You're talking as if she's had many comebacks, which just wouldn't be accurate.
I mean I understand the media say that a lot and we get on them for being misinformed, but you're a Britney fan... you should know yourself.
A comeback is when someone returns to their profession after a long time of being absent from it.

Baby was released in January 1999
Oops was released in May 2000
Britney was released in November 2001
ITZ was released in November 2003
Blackout was released in October 2007
Circus was released in December 2008
FF was released in March 2011
BJ was released in December 2013
Glory was released in August 2016

The longest time she's taken to release a new album is 3 years and 11 months. To me that doesn't seem that long.
So I get why Britney says 'she never really left' - because to her, she hasn't much during her career.
So when people talk about whether or not she was 'good enough' for them during a specific era, that just
doesn't make a lot of sense to me, because it's a separate thing. Its got nothing to do with the word 'comeback'

3 minutes ago, Kiiddy said:

I'm really confused by this thread, because what you're saying doesn't really make sense.

It can be argued that Britney's had one comeback, but the way you're talking is as if she's had many. That just isn't correct at all.
I mean I understand the media say that all the time and we get on them for being misinformed, but you're a Britney fan... you should know yourself.
A comeback is when someone returns to their profession after a long time of being absent from it.

Baby was released in January 1998

Britney has never ONCE gone more than 3 years without releasing a new album.
So I understand why Britney says 'she never really left' - because to her, she actually hasn't.
So when people talk about whether or not she was good enough, it makes no sense because its irrelevant to the word 'comeback'

:wontcry:

You'd think professionals in the industry, doctors, lawyers and parents would know that a personal hospitalised twice in a month in a psych ward probably isn't ready to make a global music comeback that same year. Well...unless you can make lots of money from it.

FF performances were sad to watch, and really helped stigmatize the mental health side to her image. 

It is always a comeback because she's not really been in full force. :kidcries:

9 minutes ago, justkeepdoingit said:

you can also say 4 years, bc it's literally 3 years and 11 months.

Yeah I was going to do that tbh, but then I thought... what if someone quotes me telling me I'm incorrect still saying
"It would be 4 years by November 2007, not October 2007."
So I just put 3 years and 11 months to be exact.

Originally I meant to say that, but I revisited the first two sentences above to edit them
and then continued on below without remembering to consider the months haha

43 minutes ago, Kiiddy said:

I'm really confused by this thread, because what you're saying doesn't really make any sense.

You're talking is as if she's had many comebacks, which just wouldn't be accurate.
I mean I understand the media say that a lot and we get on them for being misinformed, but you're a Britney fan... you should know yourself.

Baby was released in January 1999

The longest time she's taken to release a new album is 3 years and 11 months. To me that doesn't seem that long.
So I get why Britney says 'she never really left' - because to her, she hasn't much during her career.
So when people talk about whether or not she was 'good enough' for them during a specific era, that just
doesn't make a lot of sense to me, because it's a separate thing. Its got nothing to do with the word 'comeback'

Fixed:kiss:

Archived