Thinking about selling my collection

LeglessJamie

Over the years, being a die-hard fan I was, I've collected quite much stuff such as perfume, merchandise, her haircare line products, official bed sheets, tourbooks and a few dolls. All that stuff has been in my closets for years just laying there. However, now that I'm older, I really need the space in my closets and to be quite honest, I really don't care about her merchandise stuff anymore except from some t-shirts and physical releases (cd's, dvd's and such).

I'm not quite sure if it's time yet to sell it though, it all took a lot of money and I would -ofcourse- like to get my money back from it as some items are rare and such. IF I decide to sell it now, I'd def try it here and on social media first so I'd be sure it'd go to a loyal fan.

What would you do if you were me? Somehow it's hard to even think about selling it all but on the other hand, I have no plans of displaying any of it whatsoever so what's the point of keeping it all? And on the plus side; the money I'd get is always welcome lol

CHOICES

I

HATE

THEM

lol

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tbh I've been wanting to sell my Britney stuff too but haven't gotten motivated to do it. I'm not worried about value, I just don't really want it anymore. Just taking up room. Idk if her value will increase in time as it becomes more vintage or decrease as she's becoming less popular

2 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

Tbh I've been wanting to sell my Britney stuff too but haven't gotten motivated to do it. I'm not worried about value, I just don't really want it anymore. Just taking up stuff. Idk if her value will increase in time as it becomes more vintage or decrease as she's becoming less popular

I honestly do, I know some pieces are rare and I paid enough for it, not planning on making any loss lmao but your point about her popularity is terrifying yet true actually

2 minutes ago, Britney M. Carey said:

Get them on eBay ;)

I will IF I decide to so so after I tried social media :p

4 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

Tbh I've been wanting to sell my Britney stuff too but haven't gotten motivated to do it. I'm not worried about value, I just don't really want it anymore. Just taking up stuff. Idk if her value will increase in time as it becomes more vintage or decrease as she's becoming less popular

Just now, It'sSamB!tch said:

I honestly do, I know some pieces are rare and I paid enough for it, not planning on making any loss lmao but your point about her popularity is terrifying yet true actually

I will IF I decide to so so after I tried social media :p

I know for a fact the really vintage stuff like things from the Baby, Oops and Britney eras are valuable.

Especially the rare stuff like backpacks, etc.

Everything from ITZ and onward isn't really much higher than it's actual price, unless you have like rare editions of releases (i.e. the US Target edition of Blackout with Outta This World) or limited edition merch and such.

3 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Especially the rare stuff like backpacks, etc.

Everything from ITZ and onward isn't really much higher than it's actual price, unless you have like rare editions of releases (i.e. the US Target edition of Blackout with Outta This World) or limited edition merch and such.

I do have BOMT and Oops era stuff like a hat, magnet, light stick, stickers and all sealed and such, I will take photo's tho but my phone fell today and it's broken lol, gonna get a new one tmrw

1 minute ago, Enoshima Junko said:

Well I´m a die hard fan and I will never sold my collection I prefer to gift the thing to someone who will take care about it, Britney Music is a gift from heaven, so I prefer to spred her gospel

that's really cool of you actually but I could not do that, I want to price if fairly, not planning on making big bucks, but making loss? Not on my watch, I'd rather keep it then lol

Just now, It'sSamB!tch said:

that's really cool of you actually but I could not do that, I want to price if fairly, not planning on making big bucks, but making loss? Not on my watch, I'd rather keep it then lol

Feels dont have price sis, For example I purchased 5 FF copies the day of the release and  I gift 3, I mean the guys who gave the disc are still slayed by FF. Same with Glory  (but is diferent because on my flop country not exist a music store) And when they explain how much they love her music is a gift for me. I mean obviusly you dont give a rocker or someone who dont care about Britney or pop. but is a great deal beacuse you feel you made something good with your passion and you feel that person has a part of you

4 minutes ago, OutrageousSin said:

Tbh if you can keep up for few more years the price will be doubled! 

I think it will be decreased, Britney is becoming really unpopular especially in Europe (which I live in) :/

6 minutes ago, Enoshima Junko said:

Feels dont have price sis, For example I purchased 5 FF copies the day of the release and  I gift 3, I mean the guys who gave the disc are still slayed by FF. Same with Glory  (but is diferent because on my flop country not exist a music store) And when they explain how much they love her music is a gift for me. I mean obviusly you dont give a rocker or someone who dont care about Britney or pop. but is a great deal beacuse you feel you made something good with your passion and you feel that person has a part of you

happy for you really, but I have bills to pay lmao and they give me better feels like: water and heat LOL XD

I have a huge Britney collection, that I display I a big glass case in my room. Probably the largest and most complete one in Virginia, US. I know that eventually when I'm older I'll sell it, or gift it away. It's so weird to think of, but the time will come when I'm ready to part with my beloved collection, and I'll want things to go to people who will love and enjoy them. That's what it's really about, just wanting someone to have as much happiness collecting as I have. 

1 minute ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

I have a huge Britney collection, that I display I a big glass case in my room. Probably the largest and most complete one in Virginia, US. I know that eventually when I'm older I'll sell it, or gift it away. It's so weird to think of, but the time will come when I'm ready to part with my beloved collection, and I'll want things to go to people who will love and enjoy them. That's what it's really about, just wanting someone to have as much happiness collecting as I have. 

Indeed, I won't sell any of the vinyls, cd's or dvd's tho but al the rest can go lol

2 minutes ago, Melinda said:

I would never sell my collection, i still collect stuff and for me personally its a hobby and i LOVE it. No way i would sell it even if i needed money :unbelievableney::brit:

I thought so too once haha but the lack of space is real here xd and tbh I'm a bit mad too. Why would I keep all the stuff I paid for if she ain't even promoting her own stuff decent and doesn't even tour? It has become a personal matter lmao

4 hours ago, It'sSamB!tch said:

I thought so too once haha but the lack of space is real here xd and tbh I'm a bit mad too. Why would I keep all the stuff I paid for if she ain't even promoting her own stuff decent and doesn't even tour? It has become a personal matter lmao

Well.. i have space and if i didnt id make space lol... if not i have a storage and im almost 30 and still havnt getting sick of it so. And i dont care about stuff like that, i love her and i love collecting stuff, lack of promotion and her not touring would never change how i feel about the merchandise or her music or her as a person.. but thats me :) 

Archived