Why did Myah record Britney Jean?

cgshaw

I do agree with the fact that Myah sings the lead on most songs, however I still wonder WHY and mainly in WHICH goal? What reason pushed them to release a Britney album with Myah singing on most of it. Maybe Brit had some bore or mini breakdown or realised the album is pure trash and had too much respect for her fans and herself to continue to work on such trash but it was too late to scrap the entire album.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Streets said:

Because Britney and her team were focused on Vegas (IE a far more lucrative deal that pulls a ton more $$$ than a Britney Spears album would sell in 2013) and the album was only a cross-promotional tool that was meant to push Britney's name on the charts to sell Vegas seats :plzexplain:

and those were a bunch of songs that Britney did not particularly like or fit the direction she was trying to go

57 minutes ago, Streets said:

Because Britney and her team were focused on Vegas (IE a far more lucrative deal that pulls a ton more $$$ than a Britney Spears album would sell in 2013) and the album was only a cross-promotional tool that was meant to push Britney's name on the charts to sell Vegas seats :plzexplain:

Basically. Her full commitment was Vegas, they barely shot the two music videos, Britney didn't have the time to record all of her vocals so they used Myah to fill in the blanks.

1 minute ago, Crayboy said:

The direction the album was going in was more Hold on tight-y I think

It was going to originally be Blackout 2, she was working with mostly urban producers and artists. Hold On Tight was essentially the Heaven On Earth of the album. She was working with some dreamy pop producers as well like Koolkojak and William Orbit.

22 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Basically. Her full commitment was Vegas, they barely shot the two music videos, Britney didn't have the time to record all of her vocals so they used Myah to fill in the blanks.

It was going to originally be Blackout 2, she was working with mostly urban producers and artists. Hold On Tight was essentially the Heaven On Earth of the album. She was working with some dreamy pop producers as well like Koolkojak and William Orbit.

Wasn't BO 2 just rumpred?

hopefully she'll acknowledge her best album turning 10 this year :) 

1 hour ago, vdez83 said:

From what I heard, the album was the last one on that contract so rushing it no matter what would have been a quick way to get out of the contract.  Then came the stupid decision to resign with them. 

:meltdown::meltdown::meltdown::meltdown:

Never knew it was the fu!king last album, we were so close to see the light :byebitch:

Archived