The Official 'Britney Ever After' Discussion Post

Jordan Miller

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, SwaggedyAndy said:

It's a Lifetime movie. Even if it is a "hit" for the network, it isn't going to have much, if any, impact on the GP.

Regardless of GP or no GP watching, if it has low ratings it indicates no one cares about Britney. Which isn't good, and thats the story that the GP will see across TMZ, People, US Weekly, Extra, Access Hollywood, E!,  etc after the ratings are released on Monday. 

A lifetime biopic is not a measurement to britney:kesha: their movies have had bad reputation for ages :weusay: even more considering the case that britney has said publicly she has nothing to do in the realization and she doesn't approve:forkit: that's film on first impression  looks cheap and the tragic and based In gossip:meltdown: also over britney there are like +1000 documentaries that look better than this.:yeaok:

Just now, lirebelde said:

A lifetime biopic is not a measurement for britney:kesha: their movies have had bad reputation for ages :weusay: even more considering the case that britney has said publicly she has nothing to in  the realization and she doesn't approve:forkit: that's film on first impression  looks cheap and the tragic and based In gossip:meltdown: also over britney there are like +1000 documentaries that look better than this.:yeaok:

Missing the point...yes they are cheap and bad, but millions still turned out to watch those cheap and bad movies for Aaliyah and Whitney. If Britney's cheap and bad movie has a bad audience she will be ridiculed for no one giving two cents about her. They will defintiely compare the audiences for Aaliyahs and Whitneys to hers in articles for People, TMZ, E!, etc.  The GP will see the bad press coverage and start up with the "no one cares about this chick anymore, why did they bother even making this? She isn't even worthy of a cheap lifetime movie" etc, etc, etc. 

And don't think no one will care to report on it. ABC News, one of the world's most prestigious world news organizations even took the time to cover this.....http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/britney-spears-biopic-star-lifetime-movie-feminist-story/story?id=45572689

I think the fanbase didn't think through the horrible effect Britney's brand could endure if this shitty biopic bombs. If theres isn't a substantial audience for this, industry people will think there is no interest in her and will take that into consideration when it comes to her bookings, brand, budgeting, etc. The film won't be the make or break for those types of decisions, but it will be another thing to add to the pile over the years between poor ratings for X-Factor, poor ratings for I Am Britney Jean doc on E!, poor sales for her last two albums, her performances/inclusion on BBMAS and VMAs not helping to boost ratings like her prior appearances on awards shows in the past, etc. etc. etc. 

Sometime you guys have to start thinking like business minded people and not just delusional fans who don't get how these things go. 

11 hours ago, Don Juan said:

The acting is good considering what they are working with.  They are not professional dancers so we can´t judge them on that.  At that time they could go out and not get approached by a lot of people so although that scene did not happen it does not strain credibility.  I think it adds a lot of meaning hence why it was included.

have you watched the movie chicago? the main artists were not dancers too but they danced way better than prof dancers in that movie.
so no excuses...:staysalty:

1 hour ago, ukfan said:

Only a couple days ago I heard it apparently ends in 2008,

Which if true,  really takes the piss.  if 10 years later they want to make a film regarding her breakdown then they should have the decency to show her accomplishments after breakdown,  her career soared past 2008

I don't want gp thinking her breakdown is the highlight of her career.. since 2007 :

5 albums 

2 hugely grossing world tours 

X factor 

A hugely successful residency 

Endless new fragrances 

A fantastic mother 

They could of atleast shown some Vegas scenes to tell the audience where she's at today... it's 2017,  why are they showing cringey made up scenes with nsync but no scenes of Vegas or her tours to show her massive success after 2007/2008 

It shoud AT LEAST have writing before the end credits saying something like "Britney since has embarked on 2 massive world tours,  made 5 album's and is currently focused on her hugely successful Las Vegas residency etc etc"

To simply end in 2008 without any reference to her up to date accomplishments would be insulting to her image.  

I won't watch the movie but I think there's nothing bad with it, they won't talk about baby one more time, oops, in the zone... they will talk about her life and her highilghts so they will show the story of a popstar, her breakdown and her comeback as a popstar, that's all... it's just a movie with a happy ending

1 hour ago, ukfan said:

Only a couple days ago I heard it apparently ends in 2008,

Which if true,  really takes the piss.  if 10 years later they want to make a film regarding her breakdown then they should have the decency to show her accomplishments after breakdown,  her career soared past 2008

I don't want gp thinking her breakdown is the highlight of her career.. since 2007 :

5 albums 

2 hugely grossing world tours 

X factor 

A hugely successful residency 

Endless new fragrances 

A fantastic mother 

They could of atleast shown some Vegas scenes to tell the audience where she's at today... it's 2017,  why are they showing cringey made up scenes with nsync but no scenes of Vegas or her tours to show her massive success after 2007/2008 

It shoud AT LEAST have writing before the end credits saying something like "Britney since has embarked on 2 massive world tours,  made 5 album's and is currently focused on her hugely successful Las Vegas residency etc etc"

To simply end in 2008 without any reference to her up to date accomplishments would be insulting to her image.  

But I think when there's a timeline for it, it implies they made a movie out of an incident(and what led to it) in her life not her whole career, and it's way better than wrapping up all her life in one movie! I think it's more respectful this way. 

39 minutes ago, Army1 said:

Missing the point...yes they are cheap and bad, but millions still turned out to watch those cheap and bad movies for Aaliyah and Whitney. If Britney's cheap and bad movie has a bad audience she will be ridiculed for no one giving two cents about her. They will defintiely compare the audiences for Aaliyahs and Whitneys to hers in articles for People, TMZ, E!, etc.  The GP will see the bad press coverage and start up with the "no one cares about this chick anymore, why did they bother even making this? She isn't even worthy of a cheap lifetime movie" etc, etc, etc. 

And don't think no one will care to report on it. ABC News, one of the world's most prestigious world news organizations even took the time to cover this.....http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/britney-spears-biopic-star-lifetime-movie-feminist-story/story?id=45572689

I think the fanbase didn't think through the horrible effect Britney's brand could endure if this shitty biopic bombs. If theres isn't a substantial audience for this, industry people will think there is no interest in her and will take that into consideration when it comes to her bookings, brand, budgeting, etc. The film won't be the make or break for those types of decisions, but it will be another thing to add to the pile over the years between poor ratings for X-Factor, poor ratings for I Am Britney Jean doc on E!, poor sales for her last two albums, her performances/inclusion on BBMAS and VMAs not helping to boost ratings like her prior appearances on awards shows in the past, etc. etc. etc. 

Sometime you guys have to start thinking like business minded people and not just delusional fans who don't get how these things go. 

Again......The ''lifetime'' biopic does not measure a **** and you are trying to condition your opinion by making a hidden shade?  I'm not going to see it and I'm a fan of britney who buy her stuff stream her music like a hell,  you get it? There are hard fans who will not see it either or are gonna do illegally not to give raitings, this does not measure a **** of the britney's brand what is a measured is how her products buoyed up  by her are doing and I agree that in music she has not been doing well.

1 hour ago, Army1 said:

Regardless of GP or no GP watching, if it has low ratings it indicates no one cares about Britney. Which isn't good, and thats the story that the GP will see across TMZ, People, US Weekly, Extra, Access Hollywood, E!,  etc after the ratings are released on Monday. 

I mean ppl arent that interested in Britney anymore because she is boring these days. 

Doesnt care about music and only about vegas. 

This is the only exciting thing we know of for the year.

either way Britney does doesnt care so we shouldn't.

Im excited for the movie

Archived