Justin Bieber, Drake And Kanye Won't Attend The Grammys

Jordan Miller

• Leader

They think the Grammys don't represent young artists.

Are The Grammys becoming a thing of the past?

Usually Grammy-related headlines leading up to the show confirm expected appearances and performances, like Adele and Bruno Mars taking the stage, but in a turn of events... TMZ has a list of A-listers who aren't planning on attending.

Kicking off the trend is Frank Ocean, who didn't even bother submitting Blond for consideration because he reportedly feels like the Grammys don't represent young, black artists.

Justin Bieber, who has four nominations, also reportedly feels like the Grammys aren't relevant and don't represent young artists. Meanwhile Drake, who has eight nominations, will stay put on tour in Europe and miss the awards ceremony. Ditto for Kanye – he has eight noms but is not planning on attending either. TMZ says every time Kanye has gone head-to-head with a white artist, he loses.

"Our sources say it's not like the Oscars ... there's no real anger, it's just that a lot of younger singers think the Grammys are out of touch and arguably irrelevant."

Thoughts? Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Kanye West has won 21 Grammy awards in his career, yet the big problem for him is not winning against a white artist? That's weird to me, it's seriously cringeworthy. I mean he's mostly nominated in rap categories and we know there's not a majority of white rappers so that makes sense. I made some maths so he lost 8 grammies to "white" artists but won 21 grammies overall. And he's bitching about that...Ok. 

Archived