In a way I'm glad the BJ era happened.

Shadow.

Now before you all come storming in here and say 'It was the worst era musically and ruined her reputation!' Hear me out.

Think back to 2008 not long after her breakdown she was thrust back into the spotlight with a world tour to boot. Then rumours of a second breakdown in 2010 came about which showed things were not great. 2011 rolls along and it was obvious Britney was not happy. She didn't want to tour (confirmed by the interview Adam gave a few weeks back), her original plans for the album were supposedly scrapped and she wasn't in the best shape physically or mentally.

I think her team finally realised Britney needed time to heal from what had happened previously and listened to what she ACTUALLY wanted. Then the Vegas opportunity comes up and its a perfect way for Britney to balance her professional and personal life.

As much as I hate Vegas for getting in the way of every amazing opportunity to promote Glory this era, I am thankful for it because its allowed Britney to gain her confidence back and get more comfortable on stage. There are times I watch clips from Vegas and I watch in awe because I never thought we would be here with Britney releasing videos like SP and being so candid and interacting with the audience. Although her stage presence and dancing needs a bit more work to see how far she's come since 2011 makes me so proud of her :crying1:

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

God this was refreshing.

Vegas has been absolutely amazing for her. I mean for like 2 years now she's been literally glowing.

Her setup is wonderful now and she's getting to actually live and enjoy the fruits of her labour.

I am so filled with joy to see the woman we have supported through it all FINALLY have this balance where her family

are all close again, and she has so much time off to be with them and she's also got her shows and teaching kids and doing what she loves.

For me after 2011 and things I didn't think we would see her passion again or the joy in her face while performing but we have seen both those things this past couple years. Who thought she'd be slaying festivals in 2016?

Even just listening to Hands today it hit me.

I'd stopped thinking that Britney would do something like that again. Or Toms Diner - like actually showing passion for music.

How people come out with any negatives this year, I just don't get it.

It's all just like 'uhh, this is underperforming, she's irrelevant, this is a flop '

and people are jumping to offer their suggestions on what she could do, sorry, as they say, 'needs' to do.

As if they know more than her and she's sitting there clueless.

and you think 'But Britney is happier than ever? Why are you so bothered by it?'

1 hour ago, Shadow. said:

Now before you all come storming in here and say 'It was the worst era musically and ruined her reputation!' Hear me out.

Think back to 2008 not long after her breakdown she was thrust back into the spotlight with a world tour to boot. Then rumours of a second breakdown in 2010 came about which showed things were not great. 2011 rolls along and it was obvious Britney was not happy. She didn't want to tour (confirmed by the interview Adam gave a few weeks back), her original plans for the album were supposedly scrapped and she wasn't in the best shape physically or mentally.

I think her team finally realised Britney needed time to heal from what had happened previously and listened to what she ACTUALLY wanted. Then the Vegas opportunity comes up and its a perfect way for Britney to balance her professional and personal life.

As much as I hate Vegas for getting in the way of every amazing opportunity to promote Glory this era, I am thankful for it because its allowed Britney to gain her confidence back and get more comfortable on stage. There are times I watch clips from Vegas and I watch in awe because I never thought we would be here with Britney releasing videos like SP and being so candid and interacting with the audience. Although her stage presence and dancing needs a bit more work to see how far she's come since 2011 makes me so proud of her :crying1:

What we know about 2010? I never noticed something except the paparazzi picture of her crying. Do we know of something else?

Archived