Las Vegas killed the Pop Star

Nando.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tumblr_n408z9NCiR1ro9v2co2_250.gif

After Blackout, she took 2 steps back musically.

Something is clearly wrong when the songs on ITZ and Blackout are more mature than the songs that followed...some lyrics are really cringeworthy. Not one song comes even close to the quality on ITZ / Blackout.

FF = amazingly produced but there was nothing "Britney" about it

BJ = I can't even... let's be real, "Perfume" wouldn't have been a B-side on Sia's album

Glory = it's okay...but nothing special

And hearing Larry say things like "Her Ray of Light"... "Sounds like the Weeknd"....makes it really obvious where the problem lies...

47 minutes ago, Nando. said:

Again i think you didnt read anything i posted

i said three times in this thread that i love vegas as a fan and i think its the best thing financially and personally for her

im talking about britney spears the popstar

and i even said and quote "vegas didnt kill her as a performer, vegas didnt kill her as an artist, but it killed her as a popstar"

theres lots of ways things could go for her, if she didnt have kids, if she didnt broke her knee, if she hadnt met kevin, if she hadnt had vegas

thats not the point. She could be in shape in lots of ways

the point is. Throw an artist like her in vegas and people think theres no career anymore. Shes delivering one of her best eras with glory and no one knows besides fans and pop fans. Thats a fact. Thats not an if

and you dont understand what im saying either

people werent there for britney jean either and that was before vegas

britney the popstar was a non event before vegas cause she made that mess herself with the lack of interest she had for her career and work, she did the bare minimum for too long and it eventually got to her

vegas was like a different approach to try to market her and i know what you said about artists going to die in vegas but that was not the case with britney, she changed that label little by little and without vegas she would have flopped even worse

to this point i still think she cant tour RIGHT NOW and i dont want those tragic headlines artists like gwen stefani are getting about giving away tickets for free and venues being so empty cause they arent appealing, she is rebuilding her image but vegas approached her to a different audience 

the people who complain most about vegas are fans that want britney to come to them cause they cant go to see her but people who would not normally go to see her tour are seeing her in vegas and being exposed and wowed by her

its all like an equation or a sequence, she was unmotivated, irrelevant and tired but vegas gave her the motivation she needed to get in shape, work harder and the thirst to go back out there with glory, ofc she cant turn back everything she did in a few months that is why she is being marketed with her previous hits and iconic moments rn, to remind the public who she is and what she has achieved

her image was SEVERELY damaged and vegas brought back a bit of interest to her thanks to the good reviews, the obvious improve of herself and the way she paved it so its cool for a younger generation to get a show in vegas

1 hour ago, BRING THE NOISE said:

this

HIAM, TTWE & IWG were top 10 on BB HOT 100 and massive hits on the radio. Also the album did really well.

yes but she came from circus which was her comeback and the hype was still there

Just now, Vgameman2011 said:

I can't with people blaming FF for anything. 

#1 album, 3 Top 10 hits... the album was great and you will deal :staysalty:

we are not blaming the album

the album was good

we are blaming the way she handled it and how she obviously didnt care

she did the bare minimum and everyone noticed

1 minute ago, David. said:

yes but she came from circus which was her comeback and the hype was still there

we are not blaming the album

the album was good

we are blaming the way she handled it and how she obviously didnt care

she did the bare minimum and everyone noticed

But yet the GP was still here for her. 

I say we blame everything that came after the FF era

3 minutes ago, Vgameman2011 said:

I can't with people blaming FF for anything. 

#1 album, 3 Top 10 hits... the album was great and you will deal :staysalty:

Sis.. did you see the Femme Fatale WTour? She could be everywhere thanks to the success of Circus, but people started ignoring her after seeing her as a perfomer in FFTour, and I don't blame them.

Just now, Vgameman2011 said:

But yet the GP was still here for her. 

I say we blame everything that came after the FF era

nope

other than the music ff was just a low point for her

the tour had horrible reviews, her physical appearance was mostly bad, the little promo she did was trash and she was awkward af 

she was just bad 

other than the videos (which still had its bad stuff like the body double for ttwe) and the music it was bad bad bad 

1 minute ago, lolo. said:

Sis.. did you see the Femme Fatale WTour? She could be everywhere thanks to the success of Circus, but people started ignoring her after seeing her as a perfomer in FFTour, and I don't blame them.

i remember the HUGE backlash she got everywhere she went, it was my first time seeing her and i was so upset, i tried to fake it and said the show was amazing but a lot of people from my school went to the show and the next day was hell, everyone talking about how bad the show was, how out of shape she was, how uninterested she looked etc etc

same with xfactor, the next day after an episode they would come and ask me (the britney fan of the school) what had happened to her, how old she was and when i said she was 31 or 32 i dont remember they all were shocked and said how she looked 45 and how dumb and medicated she looked

those were bad years for britney fans which led to where we are today

16 minutes ago, Royalney said:

tumblr_n408z9NCiR1ro9v2co2_250.gif

After Blackout, she took 2 steps back musically.

Something is clearly wrong when the songs on ITZ and Blackout are more mature than the songs that followed...some lyrics are really cringeworthy. Not one song comes even close to the quality on ITZ / Blackout.

FF = amazingly produced but there was nothing "Britney" about it

BJ = I can't even... let's be real, "Perfume" wouldn't have been a B-side on Sia's album

Glory = it's okay...but nothing special

And hearing Larry say things like "Her Ray of Light"... "Sounds like the Weeknd"....makes it really obvious where the problem lies...

Well, ITZ: The hook-up/Showdown/Boom Boom/Early morning talks basically about partying and going out, have fun=  hedonism

Mature songs: Breathe on me/ Shadow/ TOMH

ITZ is basically an album talking about a 22 girl.

Blackout: It isn't mature neither; it's much more personal because it does reflect Britney's background.

Glory lyrically is much more mature. You can see that she has grown up as a 35 year woman. To me, her past lyrics are not much more mature than the recent ones tbh and yes, Glory is special.

2 minutes ago, Vgameman2011 said:

I watched the DVD and I loved it... but maybe it was the wine :forkit: idk

Surely it was the wine.

In my case, it was the gin when I saw her live in 2011:queenflopga2:

6 minutes ago, David. said:

i remember the HUGE backlash she got everywhere she went, it was my first time seeing her and i was so upset, i tried to fake it and said the show was amazing but a lot of people from my school went to the show and the next day was hell, everyone talking about how bad the show was, how out of shape she was, how uninterested she looked etc etc

same with xfactor, the next day after an episode they would come and ask me (the britney fan of the school) what had happened to her, how old she was and when i said she was 31 or 32 i dont remember they all were shocked and said how she looked 45 and how dumb and medicated she looked

those were bad years for britney fans which led to where we are today

Yes, those were the bad years for the fanbase tbh. And it got worse with BJ. But FF did not bring nothing new, neither good to her career. Musically it can be good (FF, although it's my least fav album by her)).

1 hour ago, BRING THE NOISE said:

this

HIAM, TTWE & IWG were top 10 on BB HOT 100 and massive hits on the radio. Also the album did really well.

HIAM was a flop honey. It could have sold 92382380230 copies (I think it was nearly 400k) in its first week, after it was death on the charts. 

TTWE/IWG were big hits by the time. But, EDM is now so yesterday, and specially FF's EDM. Blackout sounds fresh in 2016, ITZ sounds fresh, Britney sounds good in 2016, FF sounds outdated, repetitive in 2016. I cannot listen to TTWE/IWG (specially IWG) nowadays, they are boring and so uninteresting (the same w/S&S). 

5 hours ago, Nando. said:

She was still pretty solid with femme fatale as an artist, bringing new sounds to the genre, like the dubstep in hiam. Britney jean on the other hand started on the wrong foot by being the album fans thought was her last from the get go, and filled with vegas promo. Vegas didnt kill the performer, neither did it kill her as an artist, but as a pop star it did.

But like Britney didnt even promote BJ. Majority of the people did not know Britney had come out with another album. Yes, there were two singles but they had ZERO promotion. People do not listen to radios as much as they use to back in her prime and even during the FF era. Also, talk show appearances do not really help out as much, specially with the young demographics. She needed to do music festivals. She needs appearances at events, even if its just the red carpet. When she goes out, she needs to put on a fashion show. She needs to give looks, because that's what people talk about. All the other girls out there, they are seen out serving looks while going out with friends or just getting groceries. She has to use the paparazzi to her advantage. If she is seen serving a look, fashion blogs will talk about her and boom, there is some promo. 

Back to BJ, I do not think it hurt her with the gp, since majority of them did not even know she had come out with a new album. What killed her was her lack of interest. She just did not care.

Archived