Jump to content

New BreatheHeavy live stream TODAY at 12:30 pm PT

One-click subscribe to our YouTube channel!

Las Vegas killed the Pop Star


Nando.

Recommended Posts

I was thinking about Britney's lack of success this era and came up with this theory in my mind that Vegas killer her as a pop star known by the public.

I think we were all happy and fine with it when she started changing the show and sharping it up because we are fans, but our initial thought and fear with vegas as people of the public eye must be remembered. Vegas was the place you go to die.

As a business model and as a personal choice for her life and for her family it was the smartest idea around. But career wise, people assumed she was in there to die. Yes she released music videos and albums during this period, but think of it as with Celine Dion. People dont put her besides her "peers" because she doesnt have any as a vegas act. People dont follow Celine's career as if she is going somewhere. She already accomplished everything if shes in Vegas. Music from her is like a gift instead of a career move, and that is exactly what is happening to Britney public-wise. Its easier to place her in this memorial category, every appearence for the last few years has been to pay homage to her as a pop star, and even when shes current at a VMA performance, the public doesnt seem to care to put that information anywhere near her peers. Vegas made people not think of her as another act, instead, as a stand-alone piece collecting her coins and living a confortable life.

Link to comment
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's the fault of her team. They always promote her past iconic moments and not her current discography and making current iconic moments. She needs a creative director and a real choreographer for different performances. They're cutting corners and it shows. I think they're being cheap and it doesn't work for britney. Vegas helped her as a performer so I won't knock it but now they can concentrate on other things. They keep acting like they can only focus on one thing. 

10 minutes ago, CriminalLegend said:

Femme Fatale, Britney Jean AND Vegas!

 

I think she could've come back from Femme Fatale but BJ was a disaster. 

Link to comment
1 minute ago, zuzzka said:

no ff era and bj era killed the popstar

She was still pretty solid with femme fatale as an artist, bringing new sounds to the genre, like the dubstep in hiam. Britney jean on the other hand started on the wrong foot by being the album fans thought was her last from the get go, and filled with vegas promo. Vegas didnt kill the performer, neither did it kill her as an artist, but as a pop star it did.

Link to comment
1 minute ago, prettylittleliar_2214 said:

That's the fault of her team. They always promote her past iconic moments and not her current discography and making current iconic moments. She needs a creative director and a real choreographer for different performances. They're cutting corners and it shows. I think they're being cheap and it doesn't work for britney. Vegas helped her as a performer so I won't knock it but now they can concentrate on other things. They keep acting like they can only focus on one thing. 

I think she could've come back from Femme Fatale but BJ was a disaster. 

But even when shes sharp on her coreography and killer on her visuals like with slumber party, people cant seem to take her as seriously as before vegas and being a vegas act.

Link to comment
3 minutes ago, prettylittleliar_2214 said:

That's the fault of her team. They always promote her past iconic moments and not her current discography and making current iconic moments. She needs a creative director and a real choreographer for different performances. They're cutting corners and it shows. I think they're being cheap and it doesn't work for britney. Vegas helped her as a performer so I won't knock it but now they can concentrate on other things. They keep acting like they can only focus on one thing. 

I think she could've come back from Femme Fatale but BJ was a disaster. 

GP doesn't even know about BJ, GP doesn't seperate the era's, they remember hit songs.

For GP last they heard was Till the world ends, Work ***** and Scream and Shout, those were big hits and that's what they remember as her last move.

Link to comment
6 minutes ago, The Dream said:

Nothing killed anything... Actually in our lives we have the ability to change anytime we want to whatever we want.

So stop trying to justify the lack of Glorys' success. It just happened.

She can overcome vegas as she did with 2007, yes. But it is a pause moment in her career. If, let's say, Madonna had been to Vegas when she was 30 releasing the Music album she wouldnt have gone very far. I still defend Vegas as a business move and it did bring back the performer in her but it did kill her as a pop star

Link to comment
6 minutes ago, prettylittleliar_2214 said:

I think she could've come back from Femme Fatale but BJ was a disaster. 

The GP (and the 90% of the fans too) hated the FFT and her image in 2011... Then Britney Jean and I'm not talking about the album because the GP listen everything, they don't care about the quality, I'm talking about zero promo, perfume and the beginning of Vegas= Cool for some moths for the US fans but a terrible choice for the rest of the world...

Link to comment
13 minutes ago, ukfan said:

I hate dumb threads like this. Britney isn't over so stfu

 

13 minutes ago, Oh My Stars said:

Who cares if it's what Britney wanted, and it made her happy. Its not all about being a damn mega pop star. Especially when it's not what she wants. Get over it, you're not earning a pay check from her success, so either enjoy what you get or, stop following her.

Calm down, I love her and as i stated i stand by vegas because it is a wise move personally and financially

Im just sharing this theory that it did kill her as a pop star for the public. Just think about Celine and how no one follows her career as a linear line of growth anymore. Now forget youre a britney fan and put yourself in the publics view. Its easy to "kill" her off

and come on you know something is wrong in this particular situation when she releases one of the best albums of her career and one of the best music videos of her videography and almost nobody seems to care about it

Link to comment
44 minutes ago, everybodygoesdown said:

GP doesn't even know about BJ, GP doesn't seperate the era's, they remember hit songs.

For GP last they heard was Till the world ends, Work ***** and Scream and Shout, those were big hits and that's what they remember as her last move.

The GP didn't hear much of work ***** because the radio didn't play it. I think if she would've taken break after FF and come back with a great 8th album then it would've been different for her. Femme Fatale shocked a lot of people. They loved the music but her performances were bad. Wb was also polarizing people either loved or hated it. 

Link to comment
23 minutes ago, prettylittleliar_2214 said:

The GP didn't hear much of work ***** because the radio didn't play it. I think if she would've taken break after FF and come back with a great 8th album then it would've been different for her. Femme Fatale shocked a lot of people. They loved the music but her performances were bad. Wb was also polarizing people either loved or hated it. 

Lets not forget that FF was another album Britney was not proud of because it did not go in the direction she wanted it to go in

16 minutes ago, Britney M. Carey said:

FF is radio-ney and chart-ney at her best

With music that she was not here for

Link to comment
50 minutes ago, Nando. said:

 

Calm down, I love her and as i stated i stand by vegas because it is a wise move personally and financially

Im just sharing this theory that it did kill her as a pop star for the public. Just think about Celine and how no one follows her career as a linear line of growth anymore. Now forget youre a britney fan and put yourself in the publics view. Its easy to "kill" her off

and come on you know something is wrong in this particular situation when she releases one of the best albums of her career and one of the best music videos of her videography and almost nobody seems to care about it

You say nobody cares about the album or SP video, yet the album seen a little increase in sales this past week and the SP video has lots of views and is counting and doing well on radio.

Link to comment

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block