Las Vegas killed the Pop Star

Nando.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problems with POM are the multiple commitments and she hasn't had time to focus in her new music.

But  has been a very smart move by her team  consolidate her as brand.

Las vegas is a rebirth for her I guess now they will dedicated themselves to her music.

1 hour ago, prettylittleliar_2214 said:

That's the fault of her team. They always promote her past iconic moments and not her current discography and making current iconic moments. She needs a creative director and a real choreographer for different performances. They're cutting corners and it shows. I think they're being cheap and it doesn't work for britney. Vegas helped her as a performer so I won't knock it but now they can concentrate on other things. They keep acting like they can only focus on one thing. 

This.

1 hour ago, zuzzka said:

no ff era and bj era killed the popstar

i agree with the bj era hurting brit but i dont think FF hurt her. she actually had some of her best performing singles ever that era, the tour did well, etc. i think the break after that and the extreme lack of promo for the bj era really hurt her. shes doing very well in vegas but its hard for her to be in the public eye when shes out there.

Her prospects with JT ending, her friendship with Madonna ending, and her ability to use Kevin as a scapegoat for all her problems, ending, killed her as a pop star.  After that, she stopped giving a **** about being a pop star.

Before she got serious with JT her career was simply a venue to save some cash for a rainy day, even after she sold nearly 10 million copies of BOMT. 

no it actually didnt

like a member above said, ff, bj and xfactor were damaging for her

she half assed and did the bare minimum and the gp noticed, the ff tour received horrible reviews cause she was out of shape, did 3 movements for each show and she just was kinda just there, xfactor damaged it as well cause of her or her team not caring how she was portrayed, her comments from the live shows that werent edited were so basic and short, she looked like an old mess most of the times and the gp noticed that as well 

add that to kinda being in a cave by not promoting ANYTHING (which could have been smart considering the lack quality of performances she delivered) 

vegas gave her her confidence back and that is priceless, and like a lot of media outlets said, she made vegas relevant and gave the younger crowd something to do other than just partying and a lot of artists are now in talks or were at least rumored to be looking for a residency after britney went there

what they are doing now is damage contol of everything she didnt do for 5 years, that is why they are promoting her past achievements instead of glory, they are bringing her out to the public to make them remember the star she is but that is not enough, they need bigger things but at least they are doing a better job than what they did the past 5 years, and by they i mean both britney and her team

21 minutes ago, David. said:

no it actually didnt

like a member above said, ff, bj and xfactor were damaging for her

she half assed and did the bare minimum and the gp noticed, the ff tour received horrible reviews cause she was out of shape, did 3 movements for each show and she just was kinda just there, xfactor damaged it as well cause of her or her team not caring how she was portrayed, her comments from the live shows that werent edited were so basic and short, she looked like an old mess most of the times and the gp noticed that as well 

add that to kinda being in a cave by not promoting ANYTHING (which could have been smart considering the lack quality of performances she delivered) 

vegas gave her her confidence back and that is priceless, and like a lot of media outlets said, she made vegas relevant and gave the younger crowd something to do other than just partying and a lot of artists are now in talks or were at least rumored to be looking for a residency after britney went there

what they are doing now is damage contol of everything she didnt do for 5 years, that is why they are promoting her past achievements instead of glory, they are bringing her out to the public to make them remember the star she is but that is not enough, they need bigger things but at least they are doing a better job than what they did the past 5 years, and by they i mean both britney and her team

I dont think you got my point very well

imagine there was no vegas on her resume

there would be moments of terrible dancing and xfactorney, then there would be glory and great music with her being in maybe the best shape of her life

every artist can outcome a bad era, a bad album, a bad image

britney did it in 2008 with circus

but vegas BLANKED the publics view of her

theres no career to follow because they think shes paused reliving her golden years in a vegas show

read my op again and follow this thought process. Vegas is the biggest stain in her career WHEN IT COMES to the public eye (as fans we love it no doubt, but thats not what i mean with this thread)

9 minutes ago, Nando. said:

I dont think you got my point very well

imagine there was no vegas on her resume

there would be moments of terrible dancing and xfactorney, then there would be glory and great music with her being in maybe the best shape of her life

every artist can outcome a bad era, a bad album, a bad image

britney did it in 2008 with circus

but vegas BLANKED the publics view of her

theres no career to follow because they think shes paused reliving her golden years in a vegas show

read my op again and follow this thought process. Vegas is the biggest stain in her career WHEN IT COMES to the public eye (as fans we love it no doubt, but thats not what i mean with this thread)

no i got what you said but if vegas didnt happen she wouldnt have the motivation to even be in the shape she is rn

look at how she was when she started vegas, not just her body, but her attitude, she even touched some people on the crowd a few shows ago, her confidence is sky high rn and being in vegas made her crave to be out there again

vegas isnt a stain, she made it hot, people thought the show would flop yet she has won bets strip show twice i think 

and those "moments of terrible dancing" were years of her looking medicated and doing the robot onstage

and it isnt that vegas blanked the public views of her, she just didnt release anything from when vegas started up until now, she didnt promote BJ, pretty girls was a bad move that is why she is doing "so much" now going to london, doing festivals etc cause her team knows whats up 

vegas is probably the best thing to happen to her personally and profesionally it wasnt a bad move either

17 minutes ago, David. said:

no i got what you said but if vegas didnt happen she wouldnt have the motivation to even be in the shape she is rn

look at how she was when she started vegas, not just her body, but her attitude, she even touched some people on the crowd a few shows ago, her confidence is sky high rn and being in vegas made her crave to be out there again

vegas isnt a stain, she made it hot, people thought the show would flop yet she has won bets strip show twice i think 

and those "moments of terrible dancing" were years of her looking medicated and doing the robot onstage

and it isnt that vegas blanked the public views of her, she just didnt release anything from when vegas started up until now, she didnt promote BJ, pretty girls was a bad move that is why she is doing "so much" now going to london, doing festivals etc cause her team knows whats up 

vegas is probably the best thing to happen to her personally and profesionally it wasnt a bad move either

Again i think you didnt read anything i posted

i said three times in this thread that i love vegas as a fan and i think its the best thing financially and personally for her

im talking about britney spears the popstar

and i even said and quote "vegas didnt kill her as a performer, vegas didnt kill her as an artist, but it killed her as a popstar"

theres lots of ways things could go for her, if she didnt have kids, if she didnt broke her knee, if she hadnt met kevin, if she hadnt had vegas

thats not the point. She could be in shape in lots of ways

the point is. Throw an artist like her in vegas and people think theres no career anymore. Shes delivering one of her best eras with glory and no one knows besides fans and pop fans. Thats a fact. Thats not an if

1 hour ago, Smokez said:

Her prospects with JT ending, her friendship with Madonna ending, and her ability to use Kevin as a scapegoat for all her problems, ending, killed her as a pop star.  After that, she stopped giving a **** about being a pop star.

Before she got serious with JT her career was simply a venue to save some cash for a rainy day, even after she sold nearly 10 million copies of BOMT. 

She was never friends with Madonna

4 hours ago, Nando. said:

I was thinking about Britney's lack of success this era and came up with this theory in my mind that Vegas killer her as a pop star known by the public.

I think we were all happy and fine with it when she started changing the show and sharping it up because we are fans, but our initial thought and fear with vegas as people of the public eye must be remembered. Vegas was the place you go to die.

As a business model and as a personal choice for her life and for her family it was the smartest idea around. But career wise, people assumed she was in there to die. Yes she released music videos and albums during this period, but think of it as with Celine Dion. People dont put her besides her "peers" because she doesnt have any as a vegas act. People dont follow Celine's career as if she is going somewhere. She already accomplished everything if shes in Vegas. Music from her is like a gift instead of a career move, and that is exactly what is happening to Britney public-wise. Its easier to place her in this memorial category, every appearence for the last few years has been to pay homage to her as a pop star, and even when shes current at a VMA performance, the public doesnt seem to care to put that information anywhere near her peers. Vegas made people not think of her as another act, instead, as a stand-alone piece collecting her coins and living a confortable life.

But that's what she's become at this point. If she's not going to have another re-invention, then she's already accomplished everything.

I don't care as long as I keep getting new music but eventually she is going to retire and I see that happening somewhere between age 45-50.

Archived