Why is there always a Deluxe edition?

kutayuysaler

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, Isla. said:

It's very common nowadays for albums to have deluxe editions which have extra tracks on them. I think it is to make money but hey, i like them. We get bonus tracks after all anyway!

Yeah, I don't hate that point but for example why didn't Britney release all the 18 tracks as "Glory". Why she separated 5 songs for deluxe and 1 song for Japan? (don't tell me "for money" that can't be the only reason)

Well there are usually different versions of albums over seas because it costs more money to import the album so the extra tracks help justify spending all that money to the consumer. Also deluxe editions started out as something for the fans.....the standard was meant for the casual listener that just wants the album based on the singles they've heard and then the deluxe was for the actual fans that want as much music as they can get.

5 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

Well there are usually different versions of albums over seas because it costs more money to import the album so the extra tracks help justify spending all that money to the consumer. Also deluxe editions started out as something for the fans.....the standard was meant for the casual listener that just wants the album based on the singles they've heard and then the deluxe was for the actual fans that want as much music as they can get.

well but i think that meaning is lost nowadays

Well, it's simple. It's made for people who want to spend just some money on the artist or a lot. Those who may be buying the cd just for curitosity buy the standard one, they don't want to spend more money on something they (may not) like, whereas those who are loyal fans or like the artist go for the whole package and buy the more expensive one.

3 hours ago, kutayuysaler said:

Yeah, I don't hate that point but for example why didn't Britney release all the 18 tracks as "Glory". Why she separated 5 songs for deluxe and 1 song for Japan? (don't tell me "for money" that can't be the only reason)

Japan has always gotten exclusives because it is expensive to import albums over there so they have to give a reason for the customer to buy the expensive album. So they'll put a Japan only bonus track on there. Femme Fatale also had a Japan only bonus track (Scary)

Archived