A letter to Britney: you saved my life

Derrickr411

I just wanted to share something with you that means a lot to me and I wasn't sure what means of delivery would be the best.  I'm a very outgoing friendly person always was very social and well known in my small country town as well as the surrounding areas. I had never had an easy life but I enjoyed every moment of it and made the best of life.

I love to laugh and smile and share my positive energy with everyone I can. I was 300lbs and the happiest person ever lol but when I started watching and listening to Britney it made me want to dance. I used this energy to lose nearly 100lbs with her on my iPod. I was on top of the World then my world came crashing down.

I was betrayed by people in my life and subsequently incarcerated for ********* and lost all the esteem that I had built up as well as having to withdraw from nursing school. Then when I got out I had come to the realization that the people In my life didn't value me as much as I thought. They fed off my energy but cared nothing about my well being. This Alienated me and caused me social anxiety and just a sense of distrust for humanity.

They shaved my head and locked me away. When i got out nothing seemed right. It was in 2009 which is after Brits ordeal. I felt an enlightened sense of respect  for her bravery and perseverance inspired me to try again. I established myself again and got back into nursing school only to lose the love of my life, followed by my father. This was my darkest hour. Nothing had prepared me for this moment.

I got a bottle of my anxiety medicine and a glass of water to take my life as I went to type my goodbye. I got a message on my phone. It was a guy I had befriended on FB  and he saw my post, he invited me to Vegas to see Britney. It saved my life. I sought therapy and continue to root for Brit who has come so far. I just wanted to share this with you and to thank her for the influence on my life.  If you share any part of this with her I wanted her to know that even though her darkest hour was displayed for the world and nobody knows why or what Gods plan is, it wasn't for nothing. Through her pain and strength it allowed me to battle my demons and I will always be extremely grateful. Thank you so much Britney. You have my upmost respect and gratitude. I've dreamt of meeting her to tell her this. One day

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is so sad :crying1:

But I'm so happy Britney helped get you through the horrible times you've had. Right now I don't really have any close friends or a best friend because of my social anxiety and just the fear of rejection because I am gay and I don't want to be judged for that but when I have Britneys music it just makes me forget about all of that it takes me to another place that puts a smile on my face and I love her for it everyday.

:wendycry: I know how your feel, I have anxiety too and Glory relaxes me. I had losses too these last years, lost the person that loved me most and that I loved most and her music helps. I am glad you are on track even though you suffered a lot.

Nobody is perfect but we can always try to be our best for ourselves and others and seeing how hard was for Britney after all the shame she went through she still can be happy and be there for her loved ones makes me emotional :crying4: Good luck for everybody in following the right path for each one!

3 hours ago, Mario Posey said:

But I'm so happy Britney helped get you through the horrible times you've had. Right now I don't really have any close friends or a best friend because of my social anxiety and just the fear of rejection because I am gay and I don't want to be judged for that but when I have Britneys music it just makes me forget about all of that it takes me to another place that puts a smile on my face and I love her for it everyday.

Britney's music always make you forget about the bad stuff for a while. Like I don't need relatable sad music. I need music that makes me think about something else, which Britney's music does

1 hour ago, Britneybbhmm said:

Wow!:crying11: 

Ur story touched me:crying2:.

I'm happy u r in a good place right now. I've been through a lot as well and tbh my soul still to this day isn't healed!:ehum:

but britneys music and especially her quotes are definitely helpful!!! 

Yes it doesn't go away you just learn to live with it 

4 hours ago, Electro World said:

:crying4: We love you sis! :hugs:

Love you all too!

5 hours ago, Amanda1822 said:

This is beautifully insightful and I'm happy you're steal here with us to share your story <3 

Me too ! Thank you kindly 

5 hours ago, Nebulosa said:

:wendycry: I know how your feel, I have anxiety too and Glory relaxes me. I had losses too these last years, lost the person that loved me most and that I loved most and her music helps. I am glad you are on track even though you suffered a lot.

Nobody is perfect but we can always try to be our best for ourselves and others and seeing how hard was for Britney after all the shame she went through she still can be happy and be there for her loved ones makes me emotional :crying4: Good luck for everybody in following the right path for each one!

Just keep trucking if you stop it will suck you under

5 hours ago, Mario Posey said:

I didn't mean for it to be sad it was a story of triumph, self discovery and learning how to say no to people in my life who were there just for the show

Love your story and i'm SO glad you're still here. People like you are needed in this world. Struggling with anxiety and my sexuality growing up Britney has helped me in so many ways then after the loss of my dad a year and a couple months ago her music really helped me during those hard grieving days.

She's so inspirational and you can't help but to wish her as much happiness as she gives to so many others like you. Thanks for sharing your story and again i'm VERY glad you're still here :) and that you'll get to witness all the future music, performances and general slayage Britney still has in store us:hype:

Archived