Now matter how much promotion britney is doing for Make Me, it will keep flopping...

Oxic

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Make Me has been consistent on the charts and radio despite a lackluster video for like 6 weeks now. It's definetly not a flop

its had a good run like MATM didn't catch on but wasn't a flop. 

I'm excited for what single 2 has in store- just luv me, slumber party or DYWTCO looking like the biggest contenders 

9 hours ago, chris1991 said:

Make Me is Amazing and an amazing first single!! The video would have given it a lot more exposure. At least it saw some success with the promo this week! We needed quality music and not a generic dance song trend that only new acts are doing. This is Britney we don't need a Justin/chainsmokers type album. We needed growth and we got it!

Nah, Make Me is extremely boring live (and it has nothing to do with Brit, it's the choreo), imo she should have picked another uptempo song 

9 hours ago, RobRocks said:

I read the comments in this thread and the only thing you guys do is complaining, complaining, complaining... :ririshade2:

There are big hits out there with boring music videos.

Make Me music video is not that bad at all, it's just y'all are obsessed with the original one, which in my opinion, doesn't look THAT good.

If the single flops is because all this fandom does is complaining again and again. If not the song, the music video. If not the music video, the choreo. If not the choreo, the promo. If not the promo, the POM performance. You are so tiring. If we, the FANS, don't support our idol, who the hell will? :rihit:

Slay them sis, and bend over too

9 hours ago, Brichney. said:

MM is not a flop stfu. 

This, anything top 20 is not a flop plus the song has had some major longevity.......by this time WB had completely fallen off the Hot100!

The problem is she should have promoted it sooner because when it was first released radio was really strong, at any rate with the promo she's done recently and it going way up on iTunes again it should see a major jump on the Hot100 and if we're lucky it could out peak 17 by a couple spots. I do think in a couple weeks though they should move on to the 2nd single that way she can use iHeart and Apple Music fest to promote it. 

The song had everything to be a Top 5, first they screw it with the vídeo, believe it or not, that helped with the negative image of the song, second they really started the promo late, what they are trying to do now, they should have done when the song first came, third we needeed performances, rádios aren't enough, at this point, nothing will go better than what already is, it will only give longevity, for me, it's time for a second single

10 hours ago, chris1991 said:

The tragic video does have something to do with the "success" of Make Me.  However the true factor is the fact that radio isn't playing it at all. It's done. Britney's only format isn't supporting her.  On one hand I'm okay with it not being played on radio becuase it's a quality song, top 40 radio doesn't play quality music these day. They don't support Bey, Kanye, Rihanna(unless with Calvin). All they play are these random new acts no one can name.  On the other hand it sucks that they aren't playing her first single.  

I think it's time to move on to Single 2, something a little more radio friendly/generic. And it's going to be hard because most of the album doesn't cater to top 40. Which is fine because I prefer growth over a generic song just so radio can play it. 

Yeah I was actually thinking the other day it's going to be hard to pick singles from Glory because none of the songs are gonna fit on today's radio, I actually think that has been part of her problem most of her career with radio besides the ban. Most of her music with the exception of FF/BJ has never been generic or blatantly followed trends and I think radio has often found it hard to fit her in.......I think that's partly why MATM flopped in 2003 because that song was so different from anything else on US radio back then and even MM sticks out big time on today's radio. 

2 hours ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

Yeah I was actually thinking the other day it's going to be hard to pick singles from Glory because none of the songs are gonna fit on today's radio, I actually think that has been part of her problem most of her career with radio besides the ban. Most of her music with the exception of FF/BJ has never been generic or blatantly followed trends and I think radio has often found it hard to fit her in.......I think that's partly why MATM flopped in 2003 because that song was so different from anything else on US radio back then and even MM sticks out big time on today's radio. 

This is so true, yet some of her songs have very high replay value.

For instance, I still hear "3" on the radio all the time. 

again, it's not about performances or radio deal, is all about the video and the quality of the song.

An example is I Wanna Go, it was the worst performance of FF, it didn't have any tv promo, yet it got a funny video and made it rise on the charts. And people remember the song because of the video. <- longevity

5 minutes ago, Steel_Magnolia said:

Her Team is marketing her as a has-been...and as long as they keep doing that she's going to keep flopping. 

:mhmnod:

(If you consider a #3 Billboard debut as flopping.)

Is a flop for Britney, considering 6 of her 9 albums are #1 tho

2 minutes ago, Oxic said:

again, it's not about performances or radio deal, is all about the video and the quality of the song.

An example is I Wanna Go, it was the worst performance of FF, it didn't have any tv promo, yet it got a funny video and made it rise on the charts. 

I wanna go was on commercials for bravo channel in the US that helped as promo because it was labeled song of the summer.

Archived