"Love me down" is the last song Britney recorded for 'Glory'!

"So the song I did for Britney Spears called "Love Me Down" was the last song she recorded for the album. So it was a real last minute like, "Get it on there!" It was a huge accomplishment for me. She kept me in the loop up until the last minute when we got the vocal files of Britney actually singing the song, and that's when I knew it was real and I was walking on air." - Jesse Saint John, co-writer of "Love Me Down"

https://broadly.vice.com/en_us/article/a-britney-superfan-talks-about-writing-a-song-for-her-new-album-glory

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, F.a.u.zish said:

what do you even mean, near the end its just the chorus again:huh:

11 minutes ago, BritneyIsPurePerfection said:

PG-is? :idontknowney:

It sounds more like The Chainsmokers' work to me. :soyeah:

From 2:11 - 2:30 it has that PG beat. Of course Love Me Down is very different overall, but since they say she had been recording stuff at the beginning and she wasn't happy with it, I've always had the idea, and probably many others too, that she was aiming for that Pretty Girls kind of "urban" sound, but changed it after the reception it had. When I first listened to LMD, my first thought was that they somehow managed to rescue that early sound and evolve it into what it became at the end.

She must have liked a lot that song though, to make it part of the standard tracklist when she already had other songs like Liar, Better, If I'm Dancing. (Or she did it on purpose because she usually leaves the best tracks as bonuses).

Archived