Does Britney need to leave RCA?? And since shes under contract how messy would it get if she tried to leave?

GimmeMario

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SomeoneGimmeBritney said:

She should start her own label and then she would be able to record what she wants. Another option is to not sign to one of the big record labels and instead be signed to a smaller independent one (I refuse to use the term 'indie' because people normally use that to describe boys with guitars bands)

She will never do that, that requires more work and more stress on her part, and we already know her priorities in life have changed. I think she's happy where she's at, where other people manage the legal aspects of her career, her label sets appointments for her, the label talks with the distribution department, etc. 

She will never sacrifice her family for her work.

Maybe she'll do it when her kids grow up and they no longer want to hang out with mom :)

2 minutes ago, PlayingItSafe said:

Syco Music & Columbia Records in the US.

She already knows Simon Cowell and Syco did a great job for One Direction, Leona Lewis, Little Mix and others. 

Syco is a mess, no thanks :orly:

50 minutes ago, Applejack said:

why?

considering everything glory, they're really betting on her and rooting for her

although they could bank her a little more in promo like they do to their other artists :truthtea:

I think they realise she doesn't want to do any :truthtea:

Guest Lord Bills
8 minutes ago, PlayingItSafe said:

Syco Music & Columbia Records in the US.

She already knows Simon Cowell and Syco did a great job for One Direction, Leona Lewis, Little Mix and others. 

:beysip:

RCA is currently the perfect fit for Britney, but Epic (Sony) is also a good fit. It doesn't have a really big female star, so focus will be hers there.

Interscope (Lady Gaga) and Capitol (Katy Perry) are not good options. Beyonce is lording it in Columbia, so no no there too.

But the thing about legacy artists like Britney (legacy, in a sense that she has been with one record label - Jive - before it was acquired) focus is given more to younger artists because it is assumed that older artists have already developed a base or, have peaked already. RCA has a lot of stars to focus on, while Epic has a rather thin portfolio so they can push her there. I dunno how this works though, but if Britney's sales continue to plummet like Britney Jean, we'll be grateful if she even has a recording contract in the future.

1 hour ago, SomeoneGimmeBritney said:

She should start her own label and then she would be able to record what she wants. Another option is to not sign to one of the big record labels and instead be signed to a smaller independent one (I refuse to use the term 'indie' because people normally use that to describe boys with guitars bands)

she tried to do that before and we all know how it ended :wendycry:

54 minutes ago, laurelhenessy said:

RCA is currently the perfect fit for Britney, but Epic (Sony) is also a good fit. It doesn't have a really big female star, so focus will be hers there.

Interscope (Lady Gaga) and Capitol (Katy Perry) are not good options. Beyonce is lording it in Columbia, so no no there too.

But the thing about legacy artists like Britney (legacy, in a sense that she has been with one record label - Jive - before it was acquired) focus is given more to younger artists because it is assumed that older artists have already developed a base or, have peaked already. RCA has a lot of stars to focus on, while Epic has a rather thin portfolio so they can push her there. I dunno how this works though, but if Britney's sales continue to plummet like Britney Jean, we'll be grateful if she even has a recording contract in the future.

EPIC is good, LA Reid reportedly tried to reach her during the X Factor period.

4 minutes ago, HenryBai said:

i feel like after this damn vegas thing, she'll be willing to promote more because she got nothing to do

Vegas is just an excuse. Unless she is learning new things I doubt she rehearses before each show. 

So idk how many days she has shows in a week. I'll say four....so for the whole week so only works 8 hrs. 

There is no reason one can't promote. Even being a mom...

1 hour ago, laurelhenessy said:

You're right, you don't know how it works if you believe she won't have a recording contract if her sales continue to decline. 

Britney is on a 360 deal with RCA, meaning they receive profits from almost EVERYTHING she does, including her perfume line. 

They receive profit from music (album sales, single sales, streaming, royalties), touring (world tours, Piece of Me, smaller gigs - like iHeartRadio & BBMAs), merchandise (Intimate Collection, perfume line, store sales, merch sales on tour & piece of me), TV appearances etc, etc... 

Record deals for big name artists like Britney, Madonna, Beyonce, Rihanna etc no longer only include music. That changed a long time ago. Britney is offered an extremely lucrative amount of money (estimated around $40-50 million) for around 3 albums and then all of the above included. 

Britney will never lose out on a record deal and will always be an in demand artist for any major label due to her mass appeal in other areas as well as music. 

Archived