Britney acknowledges the leak on Twitter

Guest emailmycock

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

Also, it wasn't a leak. It was an early release. :yaknow: Totally different thing. More and more reports are coming in about fans finding it in their local stores. 

But I'm guessing RCA didn't authorize these stores to sell the album already, so it technically would be a leak, albeit an unusual one. Plus those sales led to people uploading and spreading the album around online, which I doubt RCA and Team B are happy about.  

It would only be an official 'early release' if RCA moved up the release date to today and told retailers to begin selling the album.

Guest emailmycock
4 minutes ago, PraiseQueenBrit said:

THIS THREAD IS TRAGIC LMFAO

Flawless thread is flawless and y'all will deal:riri:

I didn't even bother to check the Twitter handle, I was thirsty for that exclusive :moorangu:

5 minutes ago, DirtyMind said:

But I'm guessing RCA didn't authorize these stores to sell the album already, so it technically would be a leak, albeit an unusual one. Plus those sales led to people uploading and spreading the album around online, which I doubt RCA and Team B are happy about.  

It would only be an official 'early release' if RCA moved up the release date to today and told retailers to begin selling the album.

If they're upset, I'm sorry to say there's nothing they can do but get over it. This kind of situation happens all the time in the gaming world. @The Deity Arceus and @PokemonSpears (who lost the é again... :smokney2: Why? ) can back me up. The last new Pokémon games (X and Y) were set to release on October 12th, 2013. People got them as early as Work *****'s video debut, which was October 1st, if I remember correctly. At least the "leak" only happened less than a week before release. If Britney ever went through a "Rebel Heart" situation, I don't think we could deal with it. :gloria: (Actually, somebody leak 20+ outtakes from various eras and give us a "Rebel Britmas" era, please!)

4 minutes ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

If they're upset, I'm sorry to say there's nothing they can do but get over it. This kind of situation happens all the time in the gaming world. @The Deity Arceus and @PokemonSpears (who lost the é again... :smokney2: Why? ) can back me up. The last new Pokémon games (X and Y) were set to release on October 12th, 2013. People got them as early as Work *****'s video debut, which was October 1st, if I remember correctly. At least the "leak" only happened less than a week before release. If Britney ever went through a "Rebel Heart" situation, I don't think we could deal with it. :gloria: (Actually, somebody leak 20+ outtakes from various eras and give us a "Rebel Britmas" era, please!)

That's exactly what I commented earlier on another thread, the situation with X and Y. It's a situation they can't control, but I'll always say they should say, "heck, they screwed up our plans, but here it is" and release it earlier, even if doesn't go according to their original plans. In this day and age you can't pretend that because you don't acknowledge the leaks, or you just say "don't download it" á la Dora the Explorer, the entire world will wait another week.

This is not about people not wanting to spend money and buy it legally, it's about people wanting things immediately, and they'll take what they get first. Her team should've been more cautious about shipping the physical copies. I legit thought the stores would actually have it a few days after the digital release. Why don't they do somethin'?

Archived