There goes #1 debut.

ShaneBritneyFan

I want a #1 album again too, just like the rest of us. But tbh, after the underwhelming Britney Jean album, I think for the FIRST time I can be secure with her not being number 1. Because that album was SO disappointing for me, her releasing quality music again is enough to keep me happy. (The way it should've always been tbh. I'm done stressing about charts. She's established herself.) :imcute:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you guys are underestimating Frank Ocean :bigtime:

His albums been HIGHLY anticipated for a while now!

Him being a bi-****** hip-hop artist didn't stop him AT ALL. If anything he became more popular after. Thinking Bout You (where he sings about his same *** lover) was HUGE on urban radio. Also many straight men loved his album, specifically Pyramids. Hes worked with Jay-Z, Kanye & Beyonce after coming out.

Hes trended on twitter numerous times over the last few months just from hype and disappointment.

If you don't think Frank should be considered just as big a threat as Babs & FGL I think you might be in for a surprise.

5 minutes ago, PraiseQueenBrit said:

:xcuseme:

Beyoncé didn't get more than 1 week at #1. Who is going to keep his album at the top for over 1 week? The mostly homophobic urban-leaning GP? A cult-following/fanbase isn't enough to get a multi-week #1 record.

Plus it has been released on Apple Music today. If he releases it digitally next week, who is exactly going to buy it after it has been up for streaming the whole week? :huh:

This is delusion at its best. The knees... :madonna:

1 minute ago, mlk1227 said:

She doesn't need or care for #1 albums anymore. And even if this doesn't debut at #1, if the album is good people will catch on and it could go #1 at some point. We should be more concerned about quality.

none of her albums have ever stayed at that top spot for more than a week besides Baby One More Time...don't be delusional. 

2 minutes ago, button said:

Beyoncé didn't get more than 1 week at #1. Who is going to keep his album at the top for over 1 week? The mostly homophobic urban-leaning GP? A cult-following/fanbase isn't enough to get a multi-week #1 record.

Plus it has been released on Apple Music today. If he releases it digitally next week, who is exactly going to buy it after it has been up for streaming the whole week? :huh:

This is delusion at its best.

The mostly homophobic? lmfao

No one cares that Frank Ocean is gay, it's irrelevant. He's extremely popular, ya'll are being super delusional. His streams will keep him #1 for at the least 3 weeks. IF Brit wants to beat him she needs to go hard and I mean ******* hard. And I don't see her even remotely touching Frank, even if he doesn't put his album on physical copy it'll just be another, but far less successful, Drake's Views. 

22 minutes ago, saicis said:

I see you got down voted as well. This place is unreal. 

oh of course i did. anybody who isn't saying "GODNEY IS SELLING 200K AND SNATCHING #1 WITH EASE" is at risk at getting downvoted too, i knew that was coming. :ricackle: what's worse though is that i was predictably personally attacked for it too. sad how some of them can't even respectfully disagree and have a mature discussion about it. i don't think everybody has to agree with me but the way some of them handle it is sickening.

5 minutes ago, PraiseQueenBrit said:

The mostly homophobic? lmfao

No one cares that Frank Ocean is gay, it's irrelevant. He's extremely popular, ya'll are being super delusional. His streams will keep him #1 for at the least 3 weeks. IF Brit wants to beat him she needs to go hard and I mean ******* hard. And I don't see her even remotely touching Frank, even if he doesn't put his album on physical copy it'll just be another, but far less successful, Drake's Views. 

Where is the proof of his streaming power? I wanna the see the receipts. 3 weeks at #1? Riiiiiiiight.

Also about the bolded part: Sure jan. I guess that's why every gay male artist in the industry is rocking the charts. The GP loves them, especially the urban lovers! I think that's also why people are saying Troye Sivan will get a #1 with his next single. :britoverit:

5 minutes ago, -ididitagain- said:

oh of course i did. anybody who isn't saying "GODNEY IS SELLING 200K AND SNATCHING #1 WITH EASE" is at risk at getting downvoted too, i knew that was coming. :ricackle: what's worse though is that i was predictably personally attacked too for it too. sad how some of them can't even respectfully disagree and have a mature discussion about it. i don't think everybody has to agree with me but the way some of them handle it is sad to see.

The 200k predictions didn't show up until VMA were confirmed. If performing at a show that gets 9M yearly viewers (probably even more this year LOL) and doing Carpool Karaoke is considered " snatching with ease".... :ricackle:

The 200k predictions didn't show up until VMA were confirmed. If performing at a show that gets 9M yearly viewers (probably even more this year LOL) and doing Carpool Karaoke is considered " snatching with ease".... :ricackle:

there were some giving ridiculous predictions even before that. of course the VMA's will help some but people thinking they're going to raise her numbers by like 100k are sadly mistaken. if that were the case everybody in the industry would still be getting platinum albums since everyone performs at award shows.

Where is the proof of his streaming power? I wanna the see the receipts. 3 weeks at #1? Riiiiiiiight.

Also about the bolded part: Sure jan. I guess that's why every gay male artist in the industry is rocking the charts. The GP loves them, especially the urban lovers! I think that's also why people are saying Troye Sivan will get a #1 with his next single. :britoverit:

He just released a visual album on Apple Music that is getting massive hype. Frank Ocean is super popular so I'm sure his streams will be immaculate. He hasn't released an album in the heat of the streaming era so we don't know the true extent of his stream power. 

Do ya'll really live under a rock? 

And well there aren't many gay artists but alright cool. Let's just forget that every major pop star expresses their love for the gay community, that Frank Ocean is a huge popular rapper at the moment (more relevant than Britney btw), Troye Sivan is becoming a huge break out star, etc..there are plenty of very popular gay and lesbian and actors too. Miley Cyrus being a very popular fluid ****** singer even who will have good hype for her album too..

2 minutes ago, -ididitagain- said:

there were some giving ridiculous predictions even before that. of course the VMA's will help some but people thinking they're going to raise her numbers by like 100k are sadly mistaken. if that were the case everybody in the industry would still be getting platinum albums since everyone performs at award shows.

:cigney:

it does help songs a lot tho that is actual tea, and streams for sure. But sales just don't automatically skyrocket for albums cuz of a performance. 

10 minutes ago, -ididitagain- said:

You're badly mistaken. Britney's music is very promo-sensitive. Do you think everyone knew Britney released BJ when it was out? :ricackle:

Britney didn't flop because her music was bad or something. Did she ever perform during that era? She just had a bad marketing plan. 

Think logically, if she did 107k without being visible to the majority, how much can she do with such exposure? Britney was successful during an era where people loved buying albums. There is a nostalgia factor.

7 minutes ago, PraiseQueenBrit said:

He just released a visual album on Apple Music that is getting massive hype. Frank Ocean is super popular so I'm sure his streams will be immaculate. He hasn't released an album in the heat of the streaming era so we don't know the true extent of his stream power. 

Do ya'll really live under a rock? 

And well there aren't many gay artists but alright cool. Let's just forget that every major pop star expresses their love for the gay community, that Frank Ocean is a huge popular rapper at the moment (more relevant than Britney btw), Troye Sivan is becoming a huge break out star, etc..there are plenty of very popular gay and lesbian and actors too. Miley Cyrus being a very popular fluid ****** singer even who will have good hype for her album too..

The second paragraph... I won't even talk about it. You're living in a perfect illusion. Being gay is still a taboo and the vast majority of the GP won't touch an album made by a gay artist. No matter how much popstars pander to this minority and "spread the love".

Can I use your hype-meter btw? When you convert it into sales/streams, which number is it giving you? Hype, if anything is an indicator of front-loadedness. This week is for him and that's it. :britoverit:

Just now, button said:

The second paragraph... I won't even talk about it. You're living in a perfect illusion. Being gay is still a taboo and the vast majority of the GP won't touch an album made by a gay artist. No matter how much popstars pander to this minority and "spread the love".

Can I use your hype-meter btw? When you convert it into sales/streams, which number is it giving you? Hype, if anything is an indicator of front-loadedness. This week is for him and that's it. :britoverit:

If Frank Ocean drops his album and it has to compete with Glory, I'm bookmarking this and dragging you to the pits of hell when he blocks her. 

Archived