There goes #1 debut.

ShaneBritneyFan

Just now, PraiseQueenBrit said:

I mean just to add the VMA's won't have the same performance 

I know it won't, but it's pretty shady that people pay to see Vegas. That was my point. Like i'd be pissed if i went and she gave me that performance. That's all i was saying.

Anyway, enough about that... I just hope she ******* brings the house down at the VMAs.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Jeanius said:

Frank Ocean has a lot of fans and respect within the hip-hop community and music community in general. You have to be living under a rock not to know this. 

His album will sell a lot. It's been highly anticipated for 3 years now. And he's far more socially acceptable by the general public than Britney. 

So far, this all just talk. No receipts of him being a commercial threat to Britney. Unlike Barbra and FGL, he has no history of pulling high numbers. And the same first bit can be said about Britney. She doesn't lack anything of that, I don't see how he will have an edge over her. 

And I'm sceptical about him having any sort of GP support. Just because you have hip-hop artists talking grand about you and your work in interviews (probably out of fear of being called homophobic) doesn't mean you have the consumers' support.

If you're all feeling THIS threatened, then you better go hard on streaming then. :tiffanynod:

13 minutes ago, saicis said:

I know it won't, but it's pretty shady that people pay to see Vegas. That was my point. Like i'd be pissed if i went and she gave me that performance. That's all i was saying.

Anyway, enough about that... I just hope she ******* brings the house down at the VMAs.

Well you can't really blame her. She's already splitting her time between doing the actual choreo and the Vegas one, you can't expect both to be fantastic. One was obviously was rushed. What matters is she concentrates on the VMA.

• Super Mods

It's so disturbing to see that hardly anyone here knows who Frank Ocean is :crying1: So for starters, here's his Wiki: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Ocean

Apple is putting tons of support behind his album: last night he released an exclusive 45 minute visual (almost same length as Lemonade), Apple is exclusively releasing the album this weekend, and they're printing a visual book that'll be exclusive in their stores. He has a huge following and the fact that he is able to speak to pertinent social injustices and issues of the time (not just for "commercial success", but actually providing insightful commentary), makes him all the more capable of grasping a wide popular appeal. So called "urban" listeners actually support him because he is Black and queer, and it's ignorant white people and others that don't support him because he actually speaks truth. But they're in the minority, because he has tons of appeal since dropping his first LP three years ago.

Frank Ocean is a valid chart contender, and for anyone to say otherwise is frankly delusional. Just because y'all "don't know ha" doesn't mean he's not relevant or a force.

1 minute ago, SlayOut said:

It's so disturbing to see that hardly anyone here knows who Frank Ocean is :crying1: So for starters, here's his Wiki: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Ocean

Apple is putting tons of support behind his album: last night he released an exclusive 45 minute visual (almost same length as Lemonade), Apple is exclusively releasing the album this weekend, and they're printing a visual book that'll be exclusive in their stores. He has a huge following and the fact that he is able to speak to pertinent social injustices and issues of the time (not just for "commercial success", but actually providing insightful commentary), makes him all the more capable of grasping a wide popular appeal. So called "urban" listeners actually support him because he is Black and queer, and it's ignorant white people and others that don't support him because he actually speaks truth. But they're in the minority, because he has tons of appeal since dropping his first LP three years ago.

Frank Ocean is a valid chart contender, and for anyone to say otherwise is frankly delusional. Just because y'all "don't know ha" doesn't mean he's not relevant or a force.

THANK YOU! Couldn't have said it better myself :adeleclap:

42 minutes ago, SlayOut said:

So he's releasing his album on sale this weekend on iTunes? How exactly is he going to beat fresh new albums supported by promo with a one-week old album? I wanna see the logic. :receipts2:

Archived