The Backstreet Boys Announce Las Vegas Residency 'Larger Than Life'

31 minutes ago, nonoiseplz said:

I know, but I strongly think that Howie is gay.  Being in a group or on a team made up with other men makes it harder for people to come out of the closet.  Backstreet Boys never really dismantled to the point where the possibly gay members didn't feel the pressure of maintaining the groups image. Gay people get married, have kids,  and have *** with women all the time; particularlly those who have a public image to maintain and responsibility to friends/family to live a heterosexual life.

I know they do... but they dont need to keep a certain image anymore, their fans know who they are so do the world in terms om music/performance and i strongly feel that wouldnt change one bit if someone of them said they were gay. And they come a looong way with themselfs to and i dont think it would be a problem to come out, bc all of them imo is really strong individuals and know what they want and what to do in their life and i dont see Howie or anyone of them as a gay man... IF it were so i wouldnt care but i dont think so and i really dont think they would have a problem coming out to each other bc they are so close, if they werent they never ever could have done this and being a band for so long.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Melinda said:

I know they do... but they dont need to keep a certain image anymore, their fans know who they are so do the world in terms om music/performance and i strongly feel that wouldnt change one bit if someone of them said they were gay. And they come a looong way with themselfs to and i dont think it would be a problem to come out, bc all of them imo is really strong individuals and now what they want and what to do in their life and i dont see Howie or anyone of them as a gay man... IF it were so i wouldnt care but i dont think so and i really dont think they would have a problem coming out to each other bc they are so close, if they werent they never ever could have dont this and being a band for so long.

From my experience and from what I've seen, the closer the bond that men have with their male friends, the more they realize what could be lost or changed by coming out as a gay man, so

... wait....

" After the pair was officially pronounced man and wife on Saturday, "They high-fived each other in church," says singer Deborah Gibson, a longtime friend of Howie Dorough's who attended their Orlando nuptials. "They really are best friends and that came across throughout the whole ceremony."  - People Magazine

:beysip:

1 hour ago, LostInAnImage said:

I had a meet and greet with Nick a few months ago, and I went with my hand outstretched to shake his hand and introduce myself (trying to play it cool since I've been stanning for this man 20 ******* years), and instead he pulls me right in for a hug, gives me a KISS ON THE LIPS, tells me I'm beautiful and asks me my name. At that point, I finally answered but I don't know if it was even the correct name. :embarrassney:

Then we took our pic (which turned out---not great), he gave me another hug and a kiss on the cheek and told me to enjoy the show.

It was so many childhood/adolescent fantasies wrapped up into such a ridiculous moment that I'm glad my best friend was there as a witness, otherwise no one would believe me.

After I left the M&G I walked out and was so in shock I was completely silent for 30ish mins until we got to a bar and I got wasted. Then we went to the concert, which I don't remember at all. :hehehe:

He KISSED you?! *Make Me MV laughter* Slay me with your ******, sis.

He'd never kiss me (or **** my tight, fast ***) lol :crying1:

3 hours ago, nonoiseplz said:

I don't follow BSB but lets see if I can remember more than 6 of their hit songs...

1. I want it that way

2.  Everybody

3. The Call

4. Show Me The Meaning of Being Lonely

5. Quit Playing Games With My Heart

6. Larger Than Life

7. All I Have to Give ( I had to google this one, but its one of my favorite)

I guess you're right. :angietea:

Disclaimer: I'm sorry @nonoiseplz, this isnt directed at you personally, your post was just a perfect jumping off point to start my BSB education course.:hehehe:

Warning to all others: this is super long and I'm sure most of you couldn't care less, but I feel it's my duty to educate on the (literally) record breaking success of BSB.

8. As Long As You Love Me (although it was never released as a commercial single, it spent 56 weeks on the Billboard Hot 100 Airplay chart, with a peak of #4).

9. Shape of My Heart (#9 US BBH100. From Wiki: On TRL the music video broke the Backstreet Boys' own record for longest running number-one song, which was previously held by "Larger than Life." The video spent 61 days at the top position. The song also earned a Grammy Award nomination during the 44th Grammy Awards for Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocals).

10. Get Down (Single on debut album international version; not released as US single.) #8 on Eurochart Hot 100 and winner of MTV Europe Music Award.

11. I'll Never Break Your Heart (During initial 1995 international release, hit #6 on Eurochart Hot 100; when released to US in 1998, hit #1 on BB Adult Contemporary, #4 on US BB Top 40 mainstream, and #35 on US BBH100).

12. Drowning (released as a single for their greatest hits album, only reached #28 on USBBH100, however, again was #1 on TRL so long it was "retired." Also, hit top 5 or 10 in nearly every European country).

13. Incomplete (#13 US BBHot 100, #8 US Top 40 Mainstream, #6 US Pop 100, #4 US Adult Contemporary Charts. Btw, this single was released in 2005 after a two year hiatus when Nsync and all other boybands were long gone).

And that is just a small sample; people fail to realize that BSB debuted in Europe in 1995, and were massively successful, dominating the charts, and then they came back to the US in 1998 (hence, "Backstreets back, alright!" They were returning "back" home after years of building a massive international fanbase). Point being, although they were enormously successful album and concert ticket sellers in the US, their primary chart success has always been in Europe, which later also extended to Asian, Oceanic and South American countries. To this day, they STILL manage to attain #1 albums and singles internationally.

Even so, of all their 9 albums released in the US between 1996 and 2013, ALL have debuted in the top 10 on the BBH100, making them the only boy band to ever have done so. Beyond that, it's frankly an amazing feat considering they've been active since 1993, no longer do promo and had two of those nine albums released sans one group member (since, as we all know, the departure of a member is usually the kiss of death for boybands/girl groups).

Additional fun facts regarding US sales:  In 1999, Millennium entered the Billboard 200 at No. 1, and managed to sell 1,134,000 copies in its first week of release. Millennium became the best-selling album of 1999 in the U.S., selling 9,445,732 copies. It also holds the record for most shipments in one year, with 11 million shipments. Millennium remained on the Billboard chart for 93 weeks, eventually selling over 12 million copies in the United States and being certified 13 times platinum. As of January 2013, the album stands as the fourth best selling album in the U.S. of the SoundScan era.

In 2000, their Black & Blue album sold 1.6 million discs in the first week in the US, making them the first artist since The Beatles to achieve back-to-back million plus first week sales.

And finally, it bears repeating: The Backstreet Boys have sold over 130 million records worldwide, making them the best-selling boy band in history, and one of the world's best-selling music artists of all time. 

I cant at you all shading living pop legends on the forum for another living pop legend! 

Cherion is lovely! :D That's a great idea. Btw. Howie being gay is really laughable. AJ however is open about his liberal view on sexuality. Btw. listen to number one down below. 

Btw. IF one of them were gay (like Take that) . Or had a gay member Like CITA, Nsync or Boyzone, what would it matter? We love them for their MUSIC! 

34 minutes ago, LostInAnImage said:

Disclaimer: I'm sorry @nonoiseplz, this isnt directed at you personally, your post was just a perfect jumping off point to start my BSB education course.:hehehe:

Warning to all others: this is super long and I'm sure most of you couldn't care less, but I feel it's my duty to educate on the (literally) record breaking success of BSB.

8. As Long As You Love Me (although it was never released as a commercial single, it spent 56 weeks on the Billboard Hot 100 Airplay chart, with a peak of #4).

9. Shape of My Heart (#9 US BBH100. From Wiki: On TRL the music video broke the Backstreet Boys' own record for longest running number-one song, which was previously held by "Larger than Life." The video spent 61 days at the top position. The song also earned a Grammy Award nomination during the 44th Grammy Awards for Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocals).

10. Get Down (Single on debut album international version; not released as US single.) #8 on Eurochart Hot 100 and winner of MTV Europe Music Award.

11. I'll Never Break Your Heart (During initial 1995 international release, hit #6 on Eurochart Hot 100; when released to US in 1998, hit #1 on BB Adult Contemporary, #4 on US BB Top 40 mainstream, and #35 on US BBH100).

12. Drowning (released as a single for their greatest hits album, only reached #28 on USBBH100, however, again was #1 on TRL so long it was "retired." Also, hit top 5 or 10 in nearly every European country).

13. Incomplete (#13 US BBHot 100, #8 US Top 40 Mainstream, #6 US Pop 100, #4 US Adult Contemporary Charts. Btw, this single was released in 2005 after a two year hiatus when Nsync and all other boybands were long gone).

I remember all of those except "Get Down", but I guess thats because it was never a commercial release.  I intentionally didn't mention "Shape of My Heart" because I hated the song and considered it to be the song/ album that changed their music direction. But they brought me back with "The Call" for a while.... The Black/Blue album was the death of BSB for me. I knew what type of artist they were trying to become and I just wasn't here for it. 

Back when Incomplete leaked online, I loved it.

2 minutes ago, DirtyMind said:

Good for them.  But between Britney, BSB, and J.Lo, I'm worried that Planet Hollywood will get a reputation of being the Vegas venue where '90s stars go to die.  I don't want Britney tied to a bunch of has-beens. :sobbing:

This! Britney needs leave that right now! 

BSB residency = has been act. 

4 minutes ago, DirtyMind said:

Good for them.  But between Britney, BSB, and J.Lo, I'm worried that Planet Hollywood will get a reputation of being the Vegas venue where '90s stars go to die.  I don't want Britney tied to a bunch of has-beens. :sobbing:

Didn't Kelly Clarkson recently hold a few shows in Vegas as well? She started out in early 2000's but is still super relevant, had a #1 album with two top 10 singles this past year.

I kind of get what you mean re: Brit being too early in her career (in terms of capability to still remain relevant and a contender with the other top pop girls) to become labeled as a "Vegas act," but at the same time, the fans going to see Britney/JLo/BSB/(Kelly?) are all going to be young adults ~25-35 years old.  I think Vegas is primarily associated with "has-been" status due to the older age of the traditional Vegas visitor, but our demo could potentially change that perception.

1 hour ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

He KISSED you?! *Make Me MV laughter* Slay me with your ******, sis.

He'd never kiss me (or **** my tight, fast ***) lol :crying1:

You never know, he seemed pretty open minded :saycheese:. It was so surreal and super awkward, even though he was so nice...I'm really shy and just was NOT expecting that, considering his face had been covering my bedroom walls with giant teenybopper posters most of my life.

Afterward I said I'd never meet any of my idols ever again, but let's be real...if there's a divorce announcement re: he and his relatively new wife, I'm buying another set of M&G tickets for the very next day.:werk:

5 minutes ago, LostInAnImage said:

You never know, he seemed pretty open minded :saycheese:. It was so surreal and super awkward, even though he was so nice...I'm really shy and just was NOT expecting that, considering his face had been covering my bedroom walls with giant teenybopper posters most of my life.

Afterward I said I'd never meet any of my idols ever again, but let's be real...if there's a divorce announcement re: he and his relatively new wife, I'm buying another set of M&G tickets for the very next day.:werk:

*****, I'm gagging. :hahaha:

Oh, well. If i ever want a gay Carter, I'll just hop on Aaron's ****. ;) If he's not still balls deep in Cumdumpster Crocker. :grimace:

Is this ap? Just saw it on PopCrush

AJ McLean Says Britney Spears Inspired the Backstreet Boys’ Las Vegas Residency

The Backstreet Boys singer opened up to ET about the band’s upcoming Las Vegas residency and how Britney Spears influenced their final decision.

“We’ve known Brit for years. Me and Kevin went to see her show earlier this year and right before it started she had me come up to her dressing room to take a selfie with us,” McLean tells ET. “We started talking and I was asking lots of questions [about her show], ‘How do you like this? Is it cool? Cause we’re trying to do the same thing.’”

“She literally said, ‘This is the best job ever!’ She said that it’s hard work, but easy in the sense that you get to be with your family more than when you’re on tour, and have somewhat of a normal life ,” he continued.

:pensiveney:

Guest Brichney.

Britney Spears persuaded Backstreet Boys to book a Las Vegas residency.

The 'Everybody (Backstreet's Back)' group announced on Friday (09.23.16) they will be performing at the city's The AXIS Theater at Planet Hollywood from March next year and they discussed the proposal with the 'Piece of Me' singer - whose own residency is staged at the same venue - before making a final decision.

Band member AJ McLean explained: "We've known Brit for years. Me and Kevin went to see her show earlier this year and right before it started she had me come up to her dressing room to take a selfie with us.

"We started talking and I was asking lots of questions [about her show], 'How do you like this? Is it cool? Cause we're trying to do the same thing.'

"She literally said, 'This is the best job ever!' She said that it's hard work, but easy in the sense that you get to be with your family more than when you're on tour, and have somewhat of a normal life."

AJ promised the 'Larger Than Life' concerts will be "mind blowing" and incorporate some of the most popular elements from the group's past tours.

http://www.thespec.com/whatson-story/6876733-backstreet-boys-agreed-residency-because-of-britney-spears/

The BSB are legends! I would go and see them if I happen to go to Vegas.

:sobbing:

Archived