Britney’s iconic “Overprotected” tour costume

Words can’t express my fascination with Britney’s “Overprotected” DWAD tour costume:

spacer.png

It’s certainly one of my favorite looks from her entire career, & it’s a shame it was put up for auction just a few years back, but I won’t get into that…

The leather catsuit was designed for her Dream Within a Dream Tour (2001-2002), but was also worn in Top of the Pops (TOTP) for a performance of the single, during that era.

Here’s the video:

What are your thoughts on this iconic outfit, & did it come in different versions, or was it simply a result of lighting?

• Love 6

What I notice is that this outfit in another person/artist wouldn't look that good and not even the same outfit in another Britney tour would. It was specifically and rightfully designed for that moment.

Edited by Fita
  • Love 3

Simply put:

Agree.

Nothing quite captured the fashion forwardness of this outfit.  Low-rise belt, peekaboo top, industrial vibe, flare cut... There's nothing about it that's out of step for the time.  AND it still forward enough to be trend setting.

Perfect. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, thesimplelife said:

the DWAD tour was perfect all around. this outfit is also one of my faves and it works so well with the others. i wonder who’s the designer?

Spears worked with the famed stylist duo Kurt and Bart, who styled her for this tour. Kurt and Bart worked with Dalrymple on several stage-worn looks, including her iconic Swarovski nude illusion ensemble for her "Oops I Did it Again..." performance at the MTV Music Video Awards in 2000.

BID.JULIENSAUCTIONS.COM

A custom-made David Dalrymple for Feild New York ensemble, including a catsuit, belt, and platform boots worn by Britney Spears during her 2001-02 "Drea

I think the outfit itself is so kinda ugly lol look at that on the mannequin. It looks hot on Britney, tho.

Edited by Fita
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, MikeHunt said:

I loved this costume. Funny thing is, in person and on film it looked bronze but when I photographed her, it appeared white in the prints.

You photographed Britney in this costume?! Thats so cool, I’m sure you cherish that moment a bit too much, I sure would.

Such an awesome anecdote!

14 minutes ago, DoYouDare? said:

You photographed Britney in this costume?! Thats so cool, I’m sure you cherish that moment a bit too much, I sure would.

Such an awesome anecdote!

Well photographed her as in bringing my little disposal camera and taking photos from 3rd row in her audience hahah. It’s wasn’t anything professional but I do cherish those photos.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Fita said:

Spears worked with the famed stylist duo Kurt and Bart, who styled her for this tour. Kurt and Bart worked with Dalrymple on several stage-worn looks, including her iconic Swarovski nude illusion ensemble for her "Oops I Did it Again..." performance at the MTV Music Video Awards in 2000.

BID.JULIENSAUCTIONS.COM

A custom-made David Dalrymple for Feild New York ensemble, including a catsuit, belt, and platform boots worn by Britney Spears during her 2001-02 "Drea

I think the outfit itself is so kinda ugly lol look at that on the mannequin. It looks hot on Britney, tho.

oh i had a feeling it was them! they had my b.itch fitteddd. 

i remember they bashed her looks in 2003 when they stopped styling her lol i think they criticized the page six six six look and a few others 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.