Britney Slayed ‘Allure’ in 2007

16 minutes ago, DoYouDare? said:

Interestingly, there was a moment during her I Am: Britney Jean documentary (2013), where she was shown a photo from these specific Allure sessions, but did not remember the moment.

She said, “When did I take that picture?”

spacer.png

Omg, I always wanted to know what the original pic was that she mentioned, because I had only seen this meme: 

Btw, she really looks amazing in this photoshoot :brityes_britney_yes_nodding:

Edited by Honeymoon
  • Love 1
  • Haha 4

Ok but it’s not self protection when it’s a cancelled meeting for the fourth time.

just say no.

this other woman has a job. Newsflash she’s a working woman. And she was thrown about for 4 days and ended up with ****.

self protection would be declining the interview.

britney and Lyndsay are obviously cut from the same cloth so yes this was on brand for both of them at the time when they didn’t give a **** about people places or things.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, DoYouDare? said:

I absolutely love Britney’s Allure photoshoot, mainly because she looked stunning, & the photo session was simple, but very beautiful, in my opinion. Especially, given that it was during one of the most chaotic times in her life — & she still delivered.

I actually read some brief summaries of the shoot on the magazine’s website, & Britney was described as easy-going, & cooperative, at least to my understanding.

Here’s the article:

WWW.ALLURE.COM

In many photographs you see of her, Spears appears to be an unwilling participant. She voluntarily posed for...

However, it was also said that she dodged the interview for the magazine, but I’d like to add that refusing interviews still feels very on-brand for Britney today. I do realize they made it look dramatic in the following video, but looking at it through Britney’s lens, I feel like it might’ve been her own self-protection from any potential further harm from the media — especially in 2007, when she was the center of attention, for basically everything.

Here’s the video:

Interestingly, there was a moment during her I Am: Britney Jean documentary (2013), where she was shown a photo from these specific Allure sessions, but did not remember the moment.

She said, “When did I take that picture?”

spacer.png

Regardless, this overall photoshoot — & everything attached to it, is an underrated (somewhat infamous), & very iconic Britney moment, at least in my book.

Share your thoughts, if you’d like.

2013ney here-

magazine-2007-08-masl07-brit-Nero-AI-Pho

Edited by Wendy Williams
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, DoYouDare? said:

However, it was also said that she dodged the interview for the magazine, but I’d like to add that refusing interviews still feels very on-brand for Britney today. I do realize they made it look dramatic in the following video, but looking at it through Britney’s lens, I feel like it might’ve been her own self-protection from any potential further harm from the media — especially in 2007, when she was the center of attention, for basically everything.

Yeah I agree. I think she was afraid that of if she said something, it could be used against her. Anyway, she should have sat down with someone and told her whole truth. 

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, Emil87 said:

Only Britney could slay this hard while in the middle of a breakdown. She looks so beautiful, but I can see alot of pain and sadness behind her eyes. For that reason, it’s not one of my personal favorites.

I agree, but I think there’s a subtle art behind the desolation in her eyes, which adds substance to the photos.

By the way, why do you think she didn’t recall the photo in her documentary?

• Like 1

she looks so good as a brunette:thirsty_britney_onyx_drink_flirt_drinking_sipping_fan_hot:

i loveee this photoshoot. can’t believe she managed to serve this hard while going through so much.

and as to why she doesn’t remember she was very manic all throughout 2007 (probably going through postpartum depression) so i don’t think she remembers half of it 

Edited by thesimplelife
  • Love 2
  • Like 1
18 minutes ago, thesimplelife said:

she looks so good as a brunette:thirsty_britney_onyx_drink_flirt_drinking_sipping_fan_hot:

i loveee this photoshoot. can’t believe she managed to serve this hard while going through so much.

and as to why she doesn’t remember she was very manic all throughout 2007 (probably going through postpartum depression) so i don’t think she remembers half of it 

Michael Jackson - You Are Not Alone

2 hours ago, DoYouDare? said:

I agree, but I think there’s a subtle art behind the desolation in her eyes, which adds substance to the photos.

By the way, why do you think she didn’t recall the photo in her documentary?

Good question. Honestly I think 2007 was just such a brutal year for her that she probably subconsciously blocked a lot of it from her memory. I definitely think it’s a year she’d like to forget.

• Love 1

29 minutes ago, Emil87 said:

Good question. Honestly I think 2007 was just such a brutal year for her that she probably subconsciously blocked a lot of it from her memory. I definitely think it’s a year she’d like to forget.

i think she lost good part of her memory on her hospitalization and mental health dr*g abuse that she went thru during the c-ship,

it’s probably all a blur too, her mind was speeding hard in 2007 when that happens you don’t recall much.

People say Britney has no memory and such, just imagine be her for a moment, when a lot happens and when she attends a lot of places a lot of conversations and a lot of plans and stuff is going on + anxiety or pressure on top of that, it’s hard to remember.

Edited by Jup1ter
  • Love 1

Guys she doesnt remember simply because she is the one doing it. Sounds weird but im an artist, im taken pics every single week and i dont remember every single shoot or show i did. I can imagine its totally normal for someone of the caliber of Britney. Add to it that she was probably on meds or just goong through so much that she went through the motions. Seems that shoot was not special for her, if it had been she would remember

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.