Zoe Saldaña Is open to a ‘Crossroads’ Sequel but Says ‘It Would Only Work’ With Britney Spears Returning!

Zoe Saldaña is open to working on a sequel to the road trip comedy-drama “Crossroads,” in which she starred alongside Britney Spears.
While playing a game of Variety‘s “Know Their Lines,” Saldaña weighed in on whether or not she would reprise her role as Kit from the 2002 film. She also shared a few conditions she believes the hypothetical sequel should meet.
“Why not?” Saldaña said. “But I feel like it would only work if Britney comes back and plays her character again. And Taryn Manning does as well, and Anson Mount. And that we write realistic sort of scenarios for them. That would be beautiful.”
Saldaña noted the rise in popularity of sequels over time and how “we’ve been living the last 20 years in the world of sequels.” She added, “Usually, you thought that sequels were only for action movies or superhero movies, and now, sequels can live in all kinds of genres.”

VARIETY.COM

Zoe Saldaña is open to working on a sequel to the 2002 film 'Crossroads,' in which she...

Wouldn't it be cute a sequel starring Lucy, Mimi and Kit's daughters on a roadtrip? Perhaps Britney could do a small cameo :tifftear_miss_ny_new_york_ms_crying_wipe_tears_sad:

Edited by Pablitonizer
  • Love 2
  • Like 2

Oh my God, I love this woman so much! She is always so respectful and nice toward Britney and everybody! Such an amazing, classy, smart and talented actress!

Crossroads 2 will never happen tho. The first one was really cute, Britney did an amazing job, I don't get why she once said she thinks that she's a bad actress???

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, Mayenaise said:

:explainlol_stare_spin:

Hide contents

Im sorry but have you seen the other girl lately, what's her name Taryn Manning she's a lunatic 

I know :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

Taryn has been struggling a lot. Her career never took off so that could be the main reason. I believe a legacy sequel starring these friend's daughters on a road trip could work. Keeping just a brief cameo of Britney, Zoe and Taryn 

Seriously nice and humble of her to say that at THIS point in her career, she already made it big and doesn’t “need” a Crossroads sequel at all. 

Plus, the fact she brought up Taryn (who is super cool to hate at the moment) shows how grounded she is. She worked with those girls IN PERSON and she shows them respect regardless of what’s “cool” now. :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

I hope Britney stars in a more serious type of movie. We’ve seen her potential. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Pablitonizer said:

Zoe Saldaña is open to working on a sequel to the road trip comedy-drama “Crossroads,” in which she starred alongside Britney Spears.
While playing a game of Variety‘s “Know Their Lines,” Saldaña weighed in on whether or not she would reprise her role as Kit from the 2002 film. She also shared a few conditions she believes the hypothetical sequel should meet.
“Why not?” Saldaña said. “But I feel like it would only work if Britney comes back and plays her character again. And Taryn Manning does as well, and Anson Mount. And that we write realistic sort of scenarios for them. That would be beautiful.”
Saldaña noted the rise in popularity of sequels over time and how “we’ve been living the last 20 years in the world of sequels.” She added, “Usually, you thought that sequels were only for action movies or superhero movies, and now, sequels can live in all kinds of genres.”

VARIETY.COM

Zoe Saldaña is open to working on a sequel to the 2002 film 'Crossroads,' in which she...

Wouldn't it be cute a sequel starring Lucy, Mimi and Kit's daughters on a roadtrip? Perhaps Britney could do a small cam

Noooo just them in focus ,Kids maybe but the focus on them and their womanhood.

i have an idea, it would open to britney reminiscing about the graduation because the 20 year reunion is coming up. she reflects on the last time they saw each other, the end of the original crossroads film, and they make a new pact. the film would be a road trip comedy/drama of them all driving separately to the reunion, with of course new characters with them to fill out the movie… and as they each get their screen time it focuses on what they been doing the last 20 years. ultimately leading to the reunion kinda like romy and michelle’s reunion. they meet up share words and just slowly build their friendship back. 

7 minutes ago, itsxrichiexbish said:

i have an idea, it would open to britney reminiscing about the graduation because the 20 year reunion is coming up. she reflects on the last time they saw each other, the end of the original crossroads film, and they make a new pact. the film would be a road trip comedy/drama of them all driving separately to the reunion, with of course new characters with them to fill out the movie… and as they each get their screen time it focuses on what they been doing the last 20 years. ultimately leading to the reunion kinda like romy and michelle’s reunion. they meet up share words and just slowly build their friendship back. 

The sequel could start with someone's passing, perhaps al old friend of theirs from high school and Lucy, Mimi and Kit meet up at the funeral after so many years. They reconnect in the same veins of "the first wives club" and they decide to go on a road trip... one more time

Give me the movie rights and I'll develop a funny, adult and fresh sequel :nynod_miss_new_york_ms_nodding_yes_yas_agree:

Edited by Pablitonizer
Just now, Pablitonizer said:

The sequel could start with someone's passing, perhaps al old friend of theirs from high school and Lucy, Mimi and Kit meet up at the funeral after so many years. They reconnect in the same veins of "the first wives club" and they decide to go on a road trip.

Give me the movie rights and I'll develop a funny, adult and fresh sequel :nynod_miss_new_york_ms_nodding_yes_yas_agree:

there is honestly so many ideas they could do!!! i would be here for it 🥹

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.