I can tell she was over it (Onyx Hotel Tour - June 5, 2004)

https://youtu.be/xne6QM8oEVE?si=zcEUjSGcCFPSPe4J

On June 5, 2004, Britney performed in Lisbon as part of the Onyx Hotel Tour. 

The next day as we know was the last date of the tour and 3 days later, she was filming the Outrageous MV. 

Before we know what we know now, i always thought she seemed angry on that date of the tour. 

The way she dances, her facial expressions etc... she was even too lazy to lipsyncs most of the time. 

However she gave us imo one of her best vocals of Everytime 🥰

Anyways- Spirit Dancing GIF by Britney Spears

She was done performing around that year. I feel like after that she didn't want to be a popstar anymore.

The lifestyle, having to perform the same thing over a over again. After that tour the money was the real first motivation, and the fact she never had the happy family she tried to create. The career was a replacement instead of a priority.

Nah, i only see fire in that perfomance/tour maybe she was tired about her career (she says in For The Record that she wants to stop when she was working for 5 years (but the topic was the Fame thing) i think apart of maybe be tired of the work the scrutiny of the media is what she was tired. Also maybe the thing was more the control of the discography/team than the work inself.

She was so happy in 2004.

Also she wants to film the Do Somethin' video, and go to the radio station with Mona Lisa song in 2005, so... Also when she have the breakup with Kevin and having two kids (and maybe post depresion) is when her mental health start to be bad (wich is normal).

Edited by descg
1 hour ago, Fab britney said:

Tbh I watched a later date on dwad and u can tell she’s going through the steps, but yeh u can tell she was done touring at the time.

Yes because of the break up but i enjoy the later dates actually more even tho you can tell she was getting tired a little she was more experimented with all the material and was a stage pro at it but the first leg of dwad she enjoyed it more especially the one from vegas but was still firguring it out

Edited by Userxxxxxxxxxyes
10 minutes ago, descg said:

Nah, i only see fire in that perfomance/tour maybe she was tired about her career (she says in For The Record that she wants to stop when she was working for 5 years (but the topic was the Fame thing) i think apart of maybe be tired of the work the scrutiny of the media is what she was tired. Also maybe the thing was more the control of the discography/team than the work inself.

Also she wants to film the Do Somethin' video, and go to the radio station with Mona Lisa song in 2005, so... Also when she have the breakup with Kevin and having two kids (and maybe post depresion) is when her mental health start to be bad (wich is normal).

She was high on redbull many times during the itz era to be all energetic and stuff during interviews. 

And was over being on the road by 2003-04 which is why she got married twice in the span of 8 months

21 minutes ago, descg said:

She seems so high here... I'm pretty sure her and Kevin were smoking together. 

I like this show, she was so fierce but she was kinda mad yeah, 

You have to remember that there was sound problem in the end of Toxic or Overprotected on that show, she was pissed with that and maybe that set the tone for the rest of the show, but she did it great

There's no doubt she was overworked during that era, it was just too much, insane schedule for someone (that we know now after the book) that was still adjusting after being scrutinised by the media bc of a break up. 

She's a pro, regardless of everything her work ethic is admirable, just like Taylor Swift

Edited by Jup1ter
  • Love 1

I remember reading an interview from 2006 where she talked about missing the stage and wanting to perform again. I can’t remember what she said exactly but she was excited to be a “popstar” again. if she would’ve had a proper break after the DWAD tour she would’ve been better off. maybe release ITZ but wait a bit longer to start touring, not right away. 

i think also meeting kevin and falling so hard for him didn’t help either. she wanted to have a normal relationship for once and not have her private life conditioned bc or her work. 

Edited by thesimplelife
  • Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.