Why Didn’t Britney Mention ‘Original Doll’ in Her Memoir?

Because it wasn't an actual album and I doubt she remembers it. Fans made it bigger than it is

She never planned to do the radio interview. She just wanted to drop the song off to get feedback since she came up with it herself, but they made her come in to announce it because they thought it was a prank.

I don’t think Jive was pushing for an album that soon especially when she just released GHMP that was about to have another single with the Chaotic EP coming after that

OD could’ve just been something for a show that became Chaotic. She said Mona Lisa was for a show when she called into TRL not long after that so the “album” was probably just the Chaotic EP

Also for those saying ML&H and other songs were for OD, there’s no other songs for it that we know of if there's any at all. They’re just ITZ songs registered in 2005

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Disagree with the majority of comments here, it was important enough for her to turn up to a radio station bare foot to play an unfinished demo - obviously it meant something to her back then. Today maybe not so much but it was still disappointing not to see any mention in her book. Tbh the book read like anyone could have written it and I wonder how much Britney wrote. Also I do agree with comments that Britney probably doesn’t remember much about OG, sadly I think due to her abuse etc she probably doesn’t remember a lot of her life which I’m sure is what ppl like Lou Taylor wanted. We even saw in 2016 in interviews how she couldn’t remember things like her VMA performance with Nsync. It’s really sad to think about but the Britney today really isn’t the Britney from 2004 so it’s not that surprising she can’t give us any insight into an important event from those days.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Slave4Brit88 said:

Disagree with the majority of comments here, it was important enough for her to turn up to a radio station bare foot to play an unfinished demo - obviously it meant something to her back then. Today maybe not so much but it was still disappointing not to see any mention in her book. Tbh the book read like anyone could have written it and I wonder how much Britney wrote. Also I do agree with comments that Britney probably doesn’t remember much about OG, sadly I think due to her abuse etc she probably doesn’t remember a lot of her life which I’m sure is what ppl like Lou Taylor wanted. We even saw in 2016 in interviews how she couldn’t remember things like her VMA performance with Nsync. It’s really sad to think about but the Britney today really isn’t the Britney from 2004 so it’s not that surprising she can’t give us any insight into an important event from those days.

Well, most celebrities don’t actually sit down at a computer and “write” their books. They make notes and they expand on them with an actual writer.. for books. And im pretty sure she remembers everything, it’s just all tainted by certain events. But I feel like all her IG posts and captions is her healing. 

But the Original Doll I just believe was a bunch of demos, some of which showed up on the Chaotic EP and some on Blackout

• Love 1
17 hours ago, troubleforyou said:

Unpopular Opinion

because OD was a terrible album with horrible songs and was rejected by the label for this reason. 

I agree that Mona Lisa would not have been a good or succesfull lead single. Nor would the other leaked tracks from around that time. They are all good bonus tracks, but not album material, especially not after Britney and In The Zone.

My guess is that she was due for another album, started working on recording some tracks, had some sort of a rift with the label because they didn't really like the undertone of the songs she picked, or didn't really feel like any of it was really marketable. She then decided to embarass them, go on radio and play Mona Lisa and say that OD was going to be the albums name. Wouldn't be surprised if OD was a name that just came up in that moment.

The recording sessions got put on hold and they used some of the tracks for the ITZ dvd and GH MP since they knew it wasn't exactly going to be album material.

In the grand perspective of things it was probably not a big deal and a very momentarily and spontaneous spur of the moment, and not this really thought-through huge concept that we imagine it to be. So it probably wasn't worth mentioning in the book or not something that would tell much about her life.

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.