is mtv harassing britney?

i been finding videos of the vma awards this year and the references to britney is so crazy. i feel like mtv is trying to bully britney. i know britney is iconic but this is just too crazy to me. like why are they harassing her like this. mtv is like a weird ex bf that post on socials leaving you hints that they’re still watching you, effing weirdos  move the f on

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 2
Just now, Imnotcrazy said:

No. They know that the iconic maximum pop element they got in the past “Britney” was and still is the only iconic maximum pop element they need. 

Britney literally change mtv with her pop iconic presence. 

she set the bars to high, and at least we gotta give her that, cuz Grammys never gave her a proper space.

ya i get that, but they’re acting like she’s dead. and to give katy perry the win for iconic performance is crazy. dude mtv is bullying her. we all know katy’s performance was not that iconic 

• Like 1
Just now, itsxrichiexbish said:

ya i get that, but they’re acting like she’s dead. and to give katy perry the win for iconic performance is crazy. dude mtv is bullying her. we all know katy’s performance was not that iconic 

They are using her since 2007 more than ever for any particular thing, even commercials and stuff 

sadly at the time 1999-2007 ( they didn’t even awarded her in any category  for NOTHING) and yet they nominated her this year, with an ICONIC performance that EVERYONE REMEMBERS, but they gave it to a random performance that not even the artist remember 

it seems like that but I think mostly they really are very messy with creating a show now-days, in a way that there’s nothing iconic, everything it’s recycle. so it seems that the only iconic thing is Britney for making her own brand with the VMAS 

• Like 2

If you brag about Britney having a legacy be happy she is still remembered and a reference. Not everything is an attack or bad intention. you can't talk about VMA. without mentioning Britney... it's an honor.

Only Britney and some fans will think homages are bullying.

Dear Lord...

2 minutes ago, itsxrichiexbish said:

ya i get that, but they’re acting like she’s dead. 

That's her team. They're doing a biopic movie even tho she said she isn't dead and all the recent projects are celebrating her like she is dead: museum, book, musical, now the movie.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Dark Willow said:

If you brag about Britney having a legacy be happy she is still remembered and a reference. Not everything is an attack or bad intention. you can't talk about VMA. without mentioning Britney... it's an honor.

Only Britney and some fans will think homages are bullying.

Dear Lord...

That's her team. They're doing a biopic movie even tho she said she isn't dead and all the recent projects are celebrating her like she is dead: museum, book, musical, now the movie.

of course you would say this. as if a company like mtv hasn’t ****ed over people who have been involved with their company. like do you watch their reality tv shows? they don’t care who they take down as long as their pockets are getting fatter. just like someone said above, they used britney. bottom line and they desperately want her to make a appearance again. vmas are trash and they know it

It’s not necessarily weird. I think they’re just showing love for Britney, because deep down many people still idolize the popstar she was at one point. However, I did feel it was a bit random, since Britney wasn’t given an “icon” award, or even attended. So if that’s what you mean by “weird,” then I sort of agree.

11 minutes ago, itsxrichiexbish said:

of course you would say this. as if a company like mtv hasn’t ****ed over people who have been involved with their company. like do you watch their reality tv shows? they don’t care who they take down as long as their pockets are getting fatter. just like someone said above, they used britney. bottom line and they desperately want her to make a appearance again. vmas are trash and they know it

Ok baby, so let's hope everybody stops with the Britney references. 

Then you'll cry that Britney is forgotten and mtv should praise her more 

Judge Judy Eye Roll GIF

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
14 minutes ago, Dark Willow said:

Ok baby, so let's hope everybody stops with the Britney references. 

Then you'll cry that Britney is forgotten and mtv should praise her more 

Judge Judy Eye Roll GIF

actually i don’t care about mainstream artist or vmas, even grammys. they’re all trash to me, only celebrity i actively follow is britney. so i don’t care who references her. but this is unhealthy on mtvs part. regardless of what you say or think, they need to let go. :)

53 minutes ago, itsxrichiexbish said:

Katy got the award because she showed up, it's always like that. If you don't show up, you get nothing. it's all just business. They won't give an award to someone who is absent, that would mean rewarding someone who considers their ceremony not that important. And yes, Katy Perry didn't deserve it, but she knows that herself. It's just part of the game i think. :smokney2_smoke_britney_blackout_2007_sunglasses_red_cigarette_smoking:

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, itsxrichiexbish said:

actually i don’t care about mainstream artist or vmas, even grammys. they’re all trash to me, only celebrity i actively follow is britney. so i don’t care who references her. but this is unhealthy on mtvs part. regardless of what you say or think, they need to let go. :)

And because you don’t care your point makes no sense.

Britney is a mainstream artist,  mtv is part of her history and legacy. I think they were shady to not nominate slave performance and she should've win way more awards,  but she still is remembered as the blueprint.

Again,  you guys would complain even more if Brit was completely forgotten by everyone.

I understand some of you try to defend Britney narrative "everybody is bullying me" but most of the time it doesn't make any sense.

41 minutes ago, Dark Willow said:

And because you don’t care your point makes no sense.

Britney is a mainstream artist,  mtv is part of her history and legacy. I think they were shady to not nominate slave performance and she should've win way more awards,  but she still is remembered as the blueprint.

Again,  you guys would complain even more if Brit was completely forgotten by everyone.

I understand some of you try to defend Britney narrative "everybody is bullying me" but most of the time it doesn't make any sense.

obviously you’re missing the point. i can’t fix ignorance, sorry 

MTV is irrelevant and probably going broke.

Every time I turn on that channel there is some budget *** looking reality show with tacky z-list "celebrities" making fart noises or something 

:gimmemoar_britney_hat_more_gimme_giggle_haha_hehe_lol_2007_vmas_lmao:

You know it's bad when the Jersey Shore cast seems iconic and like actual stars compared to all the programming these days.

There's also zero focus on music. It's been that way for a while.. that's why the VMA's seem like such a joke. An awards show awarding music videos that they don't even play.

They're just using Britney for relevancy.

But then again it will all blow over by the end of the week. And maybe Sabrina Carpenter/Chapell Roan will be remembered as the most iconic VMA performers of all time by the time 2025 VMAs rolls around. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.