Katy Perry, Doechii and Dr. Luke’s “I’m His, He’s Mine” fails to debut on both U.S. and Global Spotify!

Pablitonizer

I said in another thread that this entire era/visuals/awful songs just give off “hasbeen desperate midlife crisis” artist who thinks stripping off with her ozempic body will help propel her career again. 

You know she just WANTS to be a success again so badly and is failing so hard. Not even a “icon legend” or whatever they gave her at the VMAs made a lick of difference 

• Haha 1
  • Like 5
32 minutes ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

I think her demographic grew up and these songs they are tailored for are for a demographic that don't know her well.

It's more than that. She peaked when pop music was very disposable and made in a rapid pace. If you go to research the history of music charts around 2009-2014, you'll find out that there were a TON of songs that peaked at #1 and then dropped of the list completely within a few weeks. Katy got pretty lucky during that time and garnered a large following with the younger demographic, but all those fans did was buying her disposable pop songs on itunes, and she never fully evolved out of it, unlike other artists from that time like Lady Gaga, Nicki Minaj and Ariana Grande that were able to do more than just radio friendly bops. Katy is desperately trying to make that disposable pop music again and not realizing it's not 2012 anymore.

She's a relic from the era of fun disposable summer jams that you got for 99c from iTunes, and there's no true superstar behind the stage name. Her latest attempt to return to that era is cringe at best. :parisok_hilton_chewing_gum_pink_phone_Reading:

• Love 2
  • Haha 2
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, Stannedforever said:

It's more than that. She peaked when pop music was very disposable and made in a rapid pace. If you go to research the history of music charts around 2009-2014, you'll find out that there were a TON of songs that peaked at #1 and then dropped of the list completely within a few weeks. Katy got pretty lucky during that time and garnered a large following with the younger demographic, but all those fans did was buying her disposable pop songs on itunes, and she never fully evolved out of it, unlike other artists from that time like Lady Gaga, Nicki Minaj and Ariana Grande that were able to do more than just radio friendly bops. Katy is desperately trying to make that disposable pop music again and not realizing it's not 2012 anymore.

She's a relic from the era of fun disposable summer jams that you got for 99c from iTunes, and there's no true superstar behind the stage name. Her latest attempt to return to that era is cringe at best. :parisok_hilton_chewing_gum_pink_phone_Reading:

I don't think her music was disposable. She's had some anthems, like Fireworks. I think she's finally evolved with this era with this "***ier look," which would appeal to those who aren't entering their 40s, you know. She's appealing to 20 year olds and this is "good", but isn't innovative. She blends well with the Ava Max, Bebe Rexa, Kim Petra etc... folks but less of that fan base from that generation IMO. We pay for the concerts, vinyls, and Apple Music Subscription. We don't listen to spotify. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

As I mentioned on previous threads... :elton: Dr. Luke gave her subpar tracks for this album and the 'Teenage Dream' magic between these two is just not there... I commend her effort image-wise though, this is the hottest and best she's ever looked to date. She served looks on the red carpet as well as in visuals for the album and she did well on the VMAs too (vocally she seem more in control). Perhaps it's too late to save this record, but there's only a few things she needs to change for the next (if there's ever one). Looks-wise she was on the right path, she looked more mature yet cool at the same time, but all of that good impression goes away the moment she starts talking during interviews. You can see her dorky personality come out which I know it's her true self but it causes a huge disconnect against her image. She tries to be a comedian and it doesn't land 100% of the time, it's very reminiscent of the 'Witness' Era. I'd say fire the media training team, get a new one, be a little more serious on interviews (even if that's not who she truly is but the whole industry is fake anyway). Keep the current glam team. And work with new producers... Dr. Luke clearly gave her other artist's leftovers and Katy is no longer his priority atm. It wouldn't be a bad idea to work with any PC Music producers if she wants to go for a futuristic aesthetic again. Her voice could work with that sort of production, which is beginning to be more mainstream after the success of 'Brat'.

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, Hope said:

As I mentioned on previous threads... :elton: Dr. Luke gave her subpar tracks for this album and the 'Teenage Dream' magic between these two is just not there... I commend her effort image-wise though, this is the hottest and best she's ever looked to date. She served looks on the red carpet as well as in visuals for the album and she did well on the VMAs too (vocally she seem more in control). Perhaps it's too late to save this record, but there's only a few things she needs to change for the next (if there's ever one). Looks-wise she was on the right path, she looked more mature yet cool at the same time, but all of that good impression goes away the moment she starts talking during interviews. You can see her dorky personality come out which I know it's her true self but it causes a huge disconnect against her image. She tries to be a comedian and it doesn't land 100% of the time, it's very reminiscent of the 'Witness' Era. I'd say fire the media training team, get a new one, be a little more serious on interviews (even if that's not who she truly is but the whole industry is fake anyway). Keep the current glam team. And work with new producers... Dr. Luke clearly gave her other artist's leftovers and Katy is no longer his priority atm. It wouldn't be a bad idea to work with any PC Music producers if she wants to go for a futuristic aesthetic again. Her voice could work with that sort of production, which is beginning to be more mainstream after the success of 'Brat'.

I don't see another Katy Perry album in years, if not a decade tbh. 3 studio albums underperforming in a row is pretty rough :ohdear_britney_glory_dear,_fingers_hand_face_orange_hide_uh_oh:

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Pablitonizer said:

I don't see another Katy Perry album in years, if not a decade tbh. 3 studio albums underperforming in a row is pretty rough :ohdear_britney_glory_dear,_fingers_hand_face_orange_hide_uh_oh:

True and that's so sad... I'm not a Katy Perry fan but every main pop girl has had a chance at a comeback like MC with 'Emancipation of Mimi', Madonna with 'Ray of Light' / 'Confessions on a Dance Floor', Gaga with 'Joanne' / 'A Star is Born'... If she waits a decade she'll be almost 50. :britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black:

Perhaps it's irrelevant to this conversation but K-pop groups have a comeback every 6 months to a year. If she has any passion for music left, she should just focus on the next record, and possibly consider switching labels since Capitol doesn't have much faith in her either.

I really don’t think it’s a Katy Perry issue as Kesha’s been having the same problem. All her singles released after Warrior started tanking along with the albums. Also don’t think it’s a sound problem since Kesha has tried to change her’s from being party girl to more meaningful but still can’t find success.

I think the issue is that the GP is just done with both Katy and Kesha in that they’re done with that era they were both huge in. No matter what Katy and Kesha try to do, they’re not going to see the same success as they used to. I think Kesha has realized this and doesn’t really seem to care anymore now that she’s an indie artist, but it’s going to take Katy some time to get to that point. Maybe her being dropped from her record label or her contract not getting renewed will make her just put out music as an indie artist and just have fun with it regardless of success like Kesha.

Sorry if what I wrote doesn’t make sense, this stupid site has refreshed a billion times while I was writing this comment out 🙄

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 3
13 hours ago, Dark Willow said:

It will be almost impossible for Katy come back from all of this. 

Third album underperforming in a row... this is getting Jlo territory.

Usually I think you can't predict a career ending, life is a surprise every day, but I think it's safe to say Katy Perry is basically done.

She could have some sympathy if the songs were just weak, but working with Luke killed the rest of any possible support from the gays.

Katy should try to come back as a judge, at least she will get a good paycheck.

I don’t understand why she can’t create a hit song again. 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Stannedforever said:

I feel like Katy only got and remained famous for that era bc she got lucky. It wasn’t due to talent. If she was talented, she would have been able to make a hit song without the Bonnie McKee & Dr. Luke combo.

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, Loosenupthosebuttons said:

I don’t understand why she can’t create a hit song again. 

Maybe a combination of factors.

People say dr. Luke "made her" but ever since she stopped working with Bonnie McKee things started to crumble.

I think Katy problem is the fact she created hits, but nothing really solid to rely on. Like... Britney had flops, but she has her prime years legacy to secure her career. Katy had radio hits, but never was an artist making some difference... and she didn’t evolve musically and visually.

Female popstars after their 30s need to work extra hard because the market is always full of new girls making noise.

People like Katy,  Xtina, Jlo... they stayed in the past. They can't create enough buzz to be talked and generate interest...

Katy defined her end when she decided to work with Luke in 2024. In some years she will pretend this current era never existed lol.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.